Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:53 pm

He also makes enough money to pay several full time employees while the rest of them are one step away from dumpster diving and have to e-beg for colostomy bags and pants.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:01 pm

Dingus Bajingus wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:42 pm
Doge is actually doing the only thing he ever wanted to do: creating shit that people like. He may have initially been deluded (per that 4chan screen from that guy who supposedly worked on Kickassia), but it seems that at some point, he accepted that what he was doing was pretty much where it would stay, and he's still making bank from it. May not be our bag, but it's working for him, and working for the people who watch him, so whatever.
It's pretty much what DHI has been telling him to do since day 1, even back when monty ran this place. A lot of us accepted that his shit was never going to be "good" by our standards. So our advice has always been to focus on what the people want. We even complained about his reviews of obscure shit nobody cares about. Now he reviews new movies.

We can joke about "that nostalgic movie known as John Wick 3," but new movies get wayyyy more attention than old movies. Unless it's an old movie everyone knows and loves, like Empire Strikes Back or Indiana Jones. Nobody cares about Baywatch or some made-for-tv cgi-animated film about gophers.

We told him to trim the fat from TGWTG and move to youtube. He's done that. We told him nobody cares about anyone at TGWTG except him (and Joe/Lindsay) and he's changed to reflect that. We told him it was pointless to maintain a website when everyone just watches shit on YouTube and he's on his way to closing down his website. We told him to go to youtube and just stick with them and he finally did that.

He's done basically everything we used to bitch that he should do and, as far as I can tell, it all worked out for him. I don't know what his expenses are like, but he's making good money and living what many would call a dream job. He's able to pay to employ other people and he has a faithful viewing audience.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/ac ... atsawesome

Subs and views are overwhelmingly green across the board. #changethechanneltoamoreboringprogram was a complete failure.

His videos are still shit, but youtube is full of people making shit videos. It almost seems petty of me to complain about his videos being bad when he's doing so well.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:37 pm

Yeah basically the old CTC audience REEEEEEEEE'D the unsubscribe button but another kid subscribed just as fast. Remember also Channel awesome has had different channels, so it probably should even be more popular than it already is.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:48 am

We know it's not nostalgic with the modern movies, but what about his old reviews? If the movies are abject shit, how can you be nostalgic for something you didn't like the first time around?
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

drisko

Post by drisko » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:11 am

CIANIgger wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:48 am
We know it's not nostalgic with the modern movies, but what about his old reviews? If the movies are abject shit, how can you be nostalgic for something you didn't like the first time around?
Personally I wasn't that fond of NC, I'd watch a couple of episodes and then move onto something else. However my favourites of his were always the crossovers where he was able to bounce off of someone else and I think that's where the character worked best... initially, at least, after a couple of years the crossovers just got worse and worse. I think it's because as the years went on he took less and less advice from other people and started making them stick to his script.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:16 am

This may be a controversial statement but the best crossovers were the Uwe Boll reviews with Doge, Spoony, and Linkara.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:37 pm

I especially liked the original one because Doge couldn't talk in that one.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:32 pm

Reminder that Doge unfriended/blocked a bunch of his former coworkers on social media.

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:34 pm

Reminder that Doge gave them a platform to begin with.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:32 pm
Reminder that Doge unfriended/blocked a bunch of his former coworkers on social media.
The bottom of the barrel is long gone and you're scraping a few inches of dirt now.
Is Spoony dead yet?