What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:19 pm

Yep, they are surprisingly hardcore. I've convinced one to be my follower. Dude dual wields fucking carbide battle axes.
I've gone to Grit Gate and everything was easy peasy there but they want me to go to Golgotha, recover some droid and repair it. I guess I'll have to learn tinker at some point.

I'm thinking about starting another character. I really liked True Kin and will likely try to go for a more pure melee guy. I don't know if I want to go with clubs or axes yet. I'm leaning towards clubs because clobbaring some cunt across the entire screen into the next wall or even through it is just hilarious.
Then again, dismembering is pretty fun as well.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:58 pm

Just because I'm currently thinking about it because I've started a new character, a few tips.
Qudzu are cunts. They can rust your equipment, even something in your inventory. That happens rarely but when it does it's practically broken until you get it repaired.
Ctrl+direction lets you attack an adjacent tile no matter what. It's usually a good idea to destroy Dreadroots that way so they don't scare you off in the middle of an important fight.

Ctrl+Space let's you interact with stuff in the same way. That allows you to harvest plants (if you have the skill) even when enemies are around or scoop up liquids without having to step into them. That's vital for lava. If you are lucky to find a lava weep early on, try getting a vial somewhere. It's the only thing that can hold lava safely. The vials will be hot as fuck, though, and can destroy items in your inventory so go find somebody to sell it to ASAP. It's worth loads. You can also pour it on enemies for some extreme damage.
It's also a good command to empty jugs and bottles you find somewhere into a container you have. Cider is another liquid you should always steal if you can. It's worth loads and makes movement quicker so it's always useful.

Don't stress out about money, especially not in the form of fresh water. It's extremely inefficient on a weight/value ratio and you'll soon find yourself having plenty of it. A full water skin of 64 drams is well enough for any amount of exploration by far. Even if you're stuck somewhere underground and you're lost, you're much more likely to find some friendly NPC to trade something with for water than you dying from thirst. Keep a few bracelets for that purpose. They weigh nothing and have good value, more than enough for water in any case.

The dude that gives you the wire quest can recharge your batteries, identify stuff and repair things. Start a trade, go to the item, press Tab for actions.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:51 pm

Now that's a sandbox.

So I was just faffing around in Dragon's Crown, completing Quests and gathering talismans, when I found out that the hermit guy in the Lost Woods didn't look like Tim the Enchanter for nothing.

I love this game.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:04 pm

I should play dragon's crown more eventually. As either amazon, archer or dwarf. I will admit that it's fun to piledrive enemies and slap them around with a big meaty dwarf.

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:30 am

Dragons crown is excellent, I played the warrior and it was a little snooze by yourself, but with the recent edition being made you're sure to find someone online.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:08 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:15 pm
AdorableOtter wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:59 am
I rarely remember what happens in video games but CDDA is quite magical when it comes to unique an memorable experiences.Coincidentally, the new stable version is coming out in a week since forever, it's a really good time to join the horde.
Well, I stopped playing last time there was an update for it, years ago, so I might as well go for it again when this one hits. I never played it for long so what better time to check out than now, right?

Expect something very different. The last time I played was nearly a year ago but still it feels lots of things have changed/improved. The most notable one might be freezing system where pretty much anything with water freezes at certain temperature.
Also a few somewhat crucial tips are

・In world setting menu, enable wonder spawn and all the NPC related options. Wonder spawn make zombies move around in towns and NPC related options enable, ah, NPCs. Without NPCs, some locations like bandit camp don't make sense, and also you can't get quests or followers from friendly ones.

・I strongly recommend to "Deadpeople" tileset. It's the most polished and updated one, also it's the only tile set which supports custom hair/eye/skin. Custom hairstyles/etc is a mod for now, but it will be integrated to the main game in the very near future it's just waiting for the ver0.D release.
SpoilerShow
The last one is Deadpeople tile. Retro ones look fancy on their own ways but it can be eye gouging imo but YMMV.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:56 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:04 pm
it's fun to piledrive enemies and slap them around with a big meaty dwarf.
I think Ive heard rapeculture describe his hobby in the same manner.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:02 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:56 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:04 pm
it's fun to piledrive enemies and slap them around with a big meaty dwarf.
I think Ive heard rapeculture describe his hobby in the same manner.
At least he’s open about it unlike you.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:13 pm

If you're going to bully ASS could you please do a better job of it.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:54 pm

mad bum wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:30 am
Dragons crown is excellent, I played the warrior and it was a little snooze by yourself, but with the recent edition being made you're sure to find someone online.
I think it's the weakest Vanillaware game, but every Vanillaware game I've played is at least an 8/10 if not better.

Odin Sphere Leif and Muramasa Rebirth are my favorites of their games. I also really like GrimGrimoire and think it's underrated.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome