Gundam games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
ban

Re: Gundam games

Post by ban » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:00 pm

A kraut to the bone, eh? I guess there needs to be a balance between you and Voice. :mrgreen:
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:31 am
I've seen it, but there are things about the way it looks that make me less interested. It seems to be faster-paced and more arcadey.
Yeah, it's faster-paced and more simplified, hence the arcadey look.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:06 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:29 pm
I've never played a Gundam game or seen the anime for that matter. I don't like human-shaped mechs.
Faggot.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:38 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:06 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
I've never played a Gundam game or seen the anime for that matter. I don't like human-shaped mechs.
Faggot.
You may want to check out Transformers. Humanoid robots and it might just be gay enough for you.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:55 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
I've never played a Gundam game or seen the anime for that matter. I don't like human-shaped mechs. There's a reason why I only like the clan mechs in Mechwarrior.
It's not that easy. 'Mech design doctrine is all over the fucking place. Case in point:

Clan 'Mech
SpoilerShow
(Clan 'Mechs with hand actuators are heresy.)
And that's not even going into these "IIC" Clan sequel 'Mechs of old Sphere designs. Those where originally just the Sphere 'Mech designs for the Japanese translation of BattleTech, featuring designs that looked just like animu (even if later redrawings have brought them more in line with BattleTech standards):
SpoilerShow
Inner Sphere 'Mech
SpoilerShow
Also I'm glad that you've mentioned BattleTech in what is basically the official mecha animu thread here:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:06 pm

I know BattleTech is all over the fucking place. But generally speaking, clan mechs rarely have hands. Basically, if it looks like Optimus Prime I don't like it. If it looks like Metal Gear Rex it's cool.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:10 pm

I gravitate towards this as well, with a few exceptions:

The Griffin and the very similar Wolverine are pretty nice looking humanoid 'Mechs IMO, even if most depictions of the Griffin have that stupid thing where an arm gun is mounted to look like a hand-held weapon, even though it isn't and its placement would make the hand actuator impossible to use without popping off the gun. But I guess it's the right kind of silly for me.

And then there's the Atlas, of course, which ranges from goofy to metal depending on who drew him. Special mention goes to the Atlas III from the Dork Age era with its added edge:
SpoilerShow
(Also another case of a fake handheld weapon. I really don't know why my heart keeps falling for that.)
The best Sphere 'Mech however is the Macross OC (do not steal) Marauder. He's basically Mega Blastoise before Pokemon itself was a thing.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:04 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:06 pm
I know BattleTech is all over the fucking place. But generally speaking, clan mechs rarely have hands. Basically, if it looks like Optimus Prime I don't like it. If it looks like Metal Gear Rex it's cool.
That's gay.

If this robot were a person, I'd fuck it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:05 pm

Don't get me wrong. I like the mech concepts that are extensions of tanks because that's fun too, but I think the Zaku, Gouf and Kampfer strike the right balance of making sense (cockpit is in the chest, for example, because that's where all the armor is, and there's only 1 main camera rather than 2 human eyeball cameras) while still being cool.

I think macross has the best tank-mech designs.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:11 pm

No wonder BattleTech borrowed those designs. Really the only thing missing are some wheels on the back of the legs so it could fold into a real tank :lol:

Also that Kämpfer > Gundam. Just way cooler.

Oh, and how could I forget that one time the Clans made literal Zakus:

ImageImage
-Yours Truly

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:22 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:04 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:06 pm
That's gay.

If this robot were a person, I'd fuck it.
Kampfer looks like a labor from Patlabor the more I look at it.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.