Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Old Black Man » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:46 pm

ban wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:11 pm
Eh well, you know how Tomino thinks, if you're a space loony pedophile with a God complex and believe in new age stuff, you're the Chad of the series. :lol:

Heero(and Wing) is a guilty pleasure of mine, I can never shit on the guy. I just love the emo Ikki-type of guy in a Dynasty Warriors setting but with robots. :mrgreen: I remember back in the day when people would get defensive when you told them that the only reason Heero and Zechs had any rivalry as because Zechs was what Heero aspired to truly be.
I like you. :lol:

I think I shit on Wing because of how ham fisted it does the classic war and peace message/how asinine some of the character’s decision making skills are, say after Heero’s 18th suicide attempt. That aside I can give it a pass because it’s asthetically pleasing and not a bad entry level mecha series. I think I’m tougher on it because I was friends with a wretched person who had a hard on for it/the protagonist. This person was really stupid. :lol:

08th MS Team is my favorite of the series, I never quite finished my retrospective but most of the entries are decent to me. I definitely want to branch out more, shame Front Mission doesn’t have a series.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:48 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:28 pm
It is their natural loathing towards themselves and mankind in general that makes them yearn to see other human beings explode in an orgy of gore.

(And then you have dumb theoryfags who latch unto the supposed "deep" plots of your Saws and Five Fucks at Freddy's.)
Hey now, those are the members of the horror community that the OGs like me ridicule. I like different facets of horror for their own reason. Gothic horror for the fairy tale quality, or campy splatter horror for the campfire tale quality. I don’t just want to see a bunch of bodies fucked up, I’ve seen movies like that and they’re trash.

The Friday franchise has quotable dialogue, likable characters, and fun moments for the most part. It’s why the remake bombed so hard. The old films really capture that feeling of sitting around the campfire on a night in the woods and telling scary stories.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

ban

Post by ban » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:59 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:46 pm
08th MS Team is my favorite of the series, I never quite finished my retrospective but most of the entries are decent to me. I definitely want to branch out more, shame Front Mission doesn’t have a series.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:02 pm

ban wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:59 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:46 pm
What is this the fucking TV edit?
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:54 am

So are ASS and VoiceofReasonPast going to protest Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark for being a degenerate horror movie or what?

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:48 pm

no idea what you are talking about but I dont watch horror so I dont give a fuck either way.

I did see Overlord finally though, pretty decent watch just takes a bit too long to get things started.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:58 pm

Never heard of it, either. I was more into the works of R. L. Stine and various horror anthology comics.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:22 pm

The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then The Bigfoot (2018)....

Theyve really run out of ideas havent they?
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:45 pm

What amazing and insightful commentary.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:53 pm

I'm just waiting for the next Neil Breen movie....
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.