Devil May Cry 5 - Nelo Edition

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
ban

Re: Devil May Cry 5 - Nelo Edition

Post by ban » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:13 am

I'd disagree for the sole reason of them playing way too differently from each other. Like comparing Legend of Mana and Ys or Silent Hill 3 and Resident Evil 4. They are in the same category but not the same thing. A closer comparisson would be DMC and the PS2 Vanias. Ninja Gaiden just has this unique throne that it alone sits and nobody ever dared to challenge it. Capcom probably didn't care but it kinda speaks volumes for its quality and the effort Team Ninja put in it to actually make it into the peak ninja action game.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:32 am

ban wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:47 pm
And I see nobody really gives a fuck about DMC V. I'd say rightfully so given how ugly it looks, how overpriced that cheap jacket is and how the demo only released for XBUCKS WAN instead of released for all three major gaming platforms. Despite that, some crazy combos have surfaced with some good gameplay :

Seems rad. Too bad the human models still look devoid of charm and the monsters are the high point...makes you think, considering the RE engine was used primarily for 90FPS super spoopy VR FPS simulator aka RE7 and everyone was meant to look disfigured and/or like a zombie inbred redneck from Louisiana. :lol:

Dpeaking of such disgusting things, our favourite millenial cunt-tuber edgetar, Charlie "GamingGit" Cade, is making big plans for his future :
Well now, the edgy faggot that still tried to be hip and cool once again proves what kind of a vapid edgetard he is. As if deleting or unlisting his old "reviews" wasn't enough and turning on a dime when Vanquish got released on PC, as if he couldn't see the game's value before them blistering 60Faps all over his screen but then again, he was dick riding TotalBiscuit and got full of himself when he praised on of his vids. :roll:
Mah nigga ban! Back with a dope post.

DMC V looks like mega AIDs on par with the new Doom or Wolfenstein. I get the same vibe from it. They're so clearly trying to reference DMC 3, but they just don't have the talent or heart and they're using all these nuCapcom characters/designs.

Besides which, they always forget that the true progression for DMC went like this:

DMC->DMC3: SE->Bayonetta

DMC4 was downright incomplete (even the special edition. It has like 5 characters but not enough gameplay for even one character tbh.) The remake was shit. So if you want to evolve DMC and appeal to DMC fans, you need to look at where Bayonetta is at now and build on THAT. That's where the bar is at now. Don't try to remake DMC3 again because it'll never happen. That was lightning in a bottle.

Kugel, I agree that Ninja Gaiden has better gameplay, but Devil May Cry 3 SE had really great mood. The Virgil fights were edgy teenager as fuck but extremely fun and atmospheric. Bosses like Beowulf were memorable.

GamingBitchShow has been turning to shit for a while now. He always had a raging case of the shit-tastes even by my standards. He praised the fuck out of RE6. So much so that he and some other fags convinced me to try it. It fucking sucks ass. It could theoretically be ok if they removed 99% of the scripted sequences and 100% of the bugs, but that will never happen and the game is unplayable at present imo. That's what Gaming Brit thinks a good game is. He praises stuff like Yakuza Zero and Kiwami which isn't that good tbh (the style-switching combat is shit imo and I preferred character switching from Y4 and Y5, or just not switching at all, like Y2 and Y3.)

I don't remember what he said about Vanquish, except that he had a boner for it. I never liked Vanquish and I think it's one of Platinum's worst games. Gears 3 is more colorful and fun.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:38 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:28 am
Dude shoul shillax with the shilling. Jeebus.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:03 am
Poor Dante. Wasn't ever as cool as Ryu Hayabusa, his second game was gutter trash and was thoroughly character assassinated later on. DMC fags will wax poetic about him until the end of times but truth is, he's always been second rate at his best.
As much of a DMC fag I am myself, I must admit there are cooler folks than Dante around. Gene from God Hand, for example.
There were a lot of action games on the same level as DMC 3: SE, which was the best DMC game.

God Hand
Viewtiful Joe
Ninja Gaiden Black
Bayonetta
MGS Rising Revengeance

Just off the top of my head.

That said, Kugel is forgetting that Ryu was fucking obliterated by Team Ninja making that awful Ninja Gaiden 3. Ninja Gaiden 3 occupies the same position as RE6, where shill fags try to convince me to play it even though I can see it sucks. "Razor's Edge is good, I promise!" But then you ask them if it's better than NG1 and 2 and they say no. They know. Can't even lie well enough to argue that Razor's Edge is as good as NG2. :lol:

Ninja Gaiden as a franchise was killed just as hard as Devil May Cry. Team Ninja would rather make panty fighter 6 and $6000 worth of costume dlc for it.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:37 am

I'd never ever argue that. I never played NG3 and never will. I would never, in a thousand years even think it could reach those heights.
Thing is, it was a magical moment, bro. Ninja Gaiden was a dead franchise of some NES games that were popular only for being good by NES measures, so not very, and being bullshit hard.
Along came Team Ninja. What a fitting name. Lead by Tomonobu Itagaki, some acne-scared, overcompensating absolute unite of a motherfucker. They made Ninja Gaiden. A fucking marvel for your stupid eyes to behold. I bought an Xbox just for that game and, despite me barely buying any other games for that console I never felt that it was a waste.
Then they made Ninja Gaiden 2. Fucking perfection. At the mere attempt to think that something more perfect could exist your mind must boggle.
Itagaki left Team Ninja and I knew. I knew that that was the end. Of course there wouldn't be another good Ninja Gaiden. Lightning struck twice already.

By the way, I'm not talking about the filthy Sonygger shit. The Sigma versions are gay shit for fags. Easier with worthless ad-ons. Just terrible.

So true disciples of the Ninja path to hack and slash salvation would never lead you astray. NG2 on the 360 is where it's at. Ultimately. Whoever wants to tell you anything else, wants to tell you that something is as good, is a filthy liar. NG2->NG1->Everything else. If you should ever question my authority on that, go ahead and find out for yourself. I can only ever relay my personal opinion on things on games but this. It speaks for itself. NG2 is the optimum of the genre and you could only ever argue otherwise if you haven't played it and are an ignorant idiot.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

ban

Post by ban » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:40 am

Glad to be back tictac.

Well, that's what happens when you removed two of the three cornerstones of DMC :

Pictured above, Kobayashi and Kamiya, two of the cornerstones of DMC and best friends ever since they worked together on Resident Evil 2, with Kobayashi being one of the programmers. Yes, that's how far these two go. Ever wonder were the Space Cobra and overt animu-toku aesthetic comes from in the DMC and lter the RE series after 4? Koba's the man behind it. When you strip him out of the equation, replace him with some gaijin from the american Capcom headquarters a la Seth Killian and partner him with Itsuno, who just cares about the battle system, of course the whole thing is gonna be mega AIDS. But that would require thought and critical understanding of the market, something Capcom threw away years ago. :roll:

As for Yakuza, clunky as it was, I prefer Yakuza 0's and Yakuza Isshin's style switching over what Kiwami did. Judge Eyes, the Yakuza spin-off, seems to have more of a grasp of what it wants to do with style switching but I have to get around it, one day. Yakuza 5 still has the best combat though, even if Isshin was crazy with the gun-katana style.

He initially had a video with his early, super snobby and "ironic" tone way back when before his balls dropped :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dGlWZX ... GwIK2&t=0s

Vanquish is a game that is ass on 30FPS but an absolute wonder on 60FPS, despite its utter cheapness, the whole system is the natural evolution of the 3rd person shooter, kinda like what you demonstrated with DMC's evolution tictac. If you play it like a cocked up RE4 you're playing half of what it is and if you try to play it GOW style, you lost the battle. The more you abuse witch time, acceleration, melee cancelling, melee combos with the necessary weapons, strategically upgrade your weapons with an arcadey mindset, the more fun you have. It's less set pieces and more spasm-fireworks. It doesn't say much but it's the only TPS I could ever stand to play.

As for NG3 : Razor's Edge, I'd rather play that than NG2. NG2 Sigma > Ninja Gaiden Black > Ninja Gaiden 3 RE > Ninja Gaiden 2 > Ninja Gaiden > Ninja Gaiden Sigma after all. :ugeek: :lol: The sad truth is that even if Ninja Gaiden 3 sold like gangbusters and was the game to utterly eclipse NG2, it still wouldn't have mattered. The genre is beyond dead and games like these shone brightly during the PS2 era and NG showed them their peak during the PS360 era but nobody chose to follow because : a.)that would require actual work and we can't have that anymore because we need to score them millions the gaijins score every single game according to gaming websites*it was much earlier this decade* and b.)it's too much of a hassle to make a new game engine out of Criware and if we make cheap shit at 30FPS, the few people that buy these games will notice. And that was back when the decline started mind you. Now I can pile up 5 more reasons, at least.
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:05 am

It took me a while to decide that I don't think I like Yakuza Kiwami. To me, it's indicative of what's wrong with Yakuza games.

Yakuza games are old-fashioned in all the worst ways, while being modern in other ways that suck too. These are games that desperately want to be movies and it does show. I think Yakuza 2 or 3 was the strong point of the series, since the gameplay was focused around a single character who could do all moves without needing to switch styles. But I can see why someone would prefer 4 or 5, since the extra characters allow you to experience different combat styles.

I've noticed a trend in these games of trying to nerf Kiryu. I think that's shitty. Kiryu is supposed to be OP as fuck. Make the game harder if it's too easy. But don't remove moves from Kiryu because that makes the game less fun. Kiwami is probably the worst one for that. They lock an entire style away behind a SHITLOAD of fucking grinding. Majima grinding is a thing and it's terrible.

My favorite part of yakuza 3 was fighting the dude on the beach. Favorite part of Yakuza 4 were the trials against bosses and ghosts with all characters. I think the current yakuza direction is focusing on the wrong things: story and presentation.

Simple little balancing issues make Kiwami a fucking slog. The encounter rate is triple or quadruple that of Yakuza 4. From what I hear, it's double that of Zero as well. Random battles every block, legit. Insane. AI is "better," but in the most annoying way possible. Beat em up enemies aren't usually supposed to be super intelligent when you're fighting 3-5 at a time. A lot of people complain about Kiwami's difficulty and this is part of why. Another reason is the atrocious boss combat. Standard bosses in Kiwami were more of a pain in my ass than the fucking VR trials at the postgame of yakuza 4. Bosses don't stagger at all and every hit either knocks you down (you're not invincible while on the ground) or combos you.

These changes in balancing make Rush and Beast fucking overpowered and the other styles kind of whatever. Dragon is unusable until the end of the game. Brawler is its replacement, but if you're going to replace Dragon style with almost the same thing, why replace Dragon at all? Retarded. Beast is OP because you get super armor and can swing furniture around for bullshit damage on enemies. DSP did this to beat the entire game. Rush is OP because you can spam dodge and avoid everything. Also it has some other moves that are cheap.

Of course, balancing issues in the combat will be ignored because you can just spam items and win anyway. But that's also a problem with this franchise. Spamming items fucking sucks and is stupid. At the VERY least, Kiryu needs a potion sickness mechanic. This is what I mean about taking the worst aspects of old games, like being able to pause a boss fight so you can spam healing items. But then the game goes CURRENT YEAR after that and makes you sit through a 40 minute cutscene that wants so badly to be a movie.

TL;DR go watch Sonatine instead.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:13 am

ban wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:40 am
As for NG3 : Razor's Edge, I'd rather play that than NG2. NG2 Sigma > Ninja Gaiden Black > Ninja Gaiden 3 RE > Ninja Gaiden 2 > Ninja Gaiden > Ninja Gaiden Sigma after all. :ugeek: :lol:
Would you motherfucker chose what to like at least? That's one hell of a clusterfuck and I'm not sure what you're saying there. I just know that if you're saying that NG2 isn't the best you're wrong.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:55 am

Ninja Gaiden Black -> Ninja Gaiden II -> everything else -> A pile of shit -> Ninja Gaiden 3.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:22 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:32 am
DMC4 was downright incomplete (even the special edition. It has like 5 characters but not enough gameplay for even one character tbh.) The remake was shit. So if you want to evolve DMC and appeal to DMC fans, you need to look at where Bayonetta is at now and build on THAT. That's where the bar is at now. Don't try to remake DMC3 again because it'll never happen. That was lightning in a bottle.
There wasn't too much special about DMC4:SE. Even the 3 additional characters can't mask the fact the game has about half as many stages and bosses as it needed to.

Also I might legit kill to have a DMC with a Bayonetta-style battle system. That shit is so fucking smooth.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ban

Post by ban » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:08 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:13 am
Would you motherfucker chose what to like at least? That's one hell of a clusterfuck and I'm not sure what you're saying there. I just know that if you're saying that NG2 isn't the best you're wrong.
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Ninja Gaiden Black are the two best and everything else comes after that. Base Ninja Gaiden 2 has too many slowdowns due to the weaker hardware it's on, doesn't have some kind on new game plus like the mission mode and the X360 is a dealbreaker on its own.
He warned youShow