What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by mad bum » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:31 am

Faggy meme game.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:11 pm

You know, spending years upon years after the PS2 without getting a newer console has just resulted in some slight culture shock with the PS3.

I mean, that thing doesn't have an audio jack. I didn't even know this was a thing in the world outside the Glorious PC Master Race. Since I'm too chad for a faggy bluetooth thingie, I just ordered three different adapters, hoping that they'll actually let me connect my rich selection of glorious PC headsets.
And the console peasants claim that consoles are easier to use.

(Could be that the PS2 had this issue as well, but I didn't really care about headsets back then.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:16 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:11 pm
You know, spending years upon years after the PS2 without getting a newer console has just resulted in some slight culture shock with the PS3.

I mean, that thing doesn't have an audio jack. I didn't even know this was a thing in the world outside the Glorious PC Master Race. Since I'm too chad for a faggy bluetooth thingie, I just ordered three different adapters, hoping that they'll actually let me connect my rich selection of glorious PC headsets.
And the console peasants claim that consoles are easier to use.

(Could be that the PS2 had this issue as well, but I didn't really care about headsets back then.)
Well if you have a supreme PC then why do you need a lowly PS3 hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:20 am

Console exclusives dood.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:25 pm

I've given hope waiting for the games to come to me in port form.

Also there are just things you can't do on a PC.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:42 am

Soooo, what you're saying is that...

PC ain't always perfect. :lol: I tease, just like to bust some master race balls on occasion.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:27 pm

Emulation of the PS3 being stable may also take quite a while. I'm still waiting for 360 emulation to become good enough but that seems to be well on track. I want to play Ninja Gaiden 2 again.

The last two days I've been playing quite a bit of Caves of Qud.
It's a roguelike taking place in some weird Sci-Fi setting. It's got a massive overworld, an even larger underworld and some cities are fixed. It's pretty open. It reminds me most of Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead, which is awesome because that was also great.
The atmosphere is very unique. You've got good background music and some battle sounds. The world is entirely foreign to ours. You can go and read the tales on the website to get a feel for it. It's a bit post apocalyptic, a bit Sci-Fi and may not even take place on Earth. In any case, it's taking place so far in the future that the people/creatures don't seem to know anything about our present at all.
It's FULL of variety and has loads of classes to play as, including mutants that get to chose several mutations. Very good so far. Getting into it isn't so hard when you've played a couple of roguelikes before, ideally you've played CataclysmDDA before as well.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:25 pm

Havent been back to MHW for a looooooooooooooong time, probably loads of new content but I cant be arsed since the game is too easy 99% of the time and then a few insane monsters that suddenly make it uber hard. Id like something in between. Ill do the very hard stuff but only once since I dont find it that enjoyable to be at risk of one hit ko for 20 mins having to play perfect yourself.

But I just saw a list of upcoming games and saw God Eater 3 is coming next month. Havent checked it out but if its a good step up from the first 2 games this might be a genre gem.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:05 pm

Yeah, the balancing in MHW is a bummer. In the old games you had a more progressive difficulty curve.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:13 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:27 pm

The last two days I've been playing quite a bit of Caves of Qud.

I've been eyeing on CoQ and Cogmind for some time because good reputatin but I'll wait until the game becomes at least completable. I DON'T WORK AS A BETA TESTER FOR FREEEEE!! (edit: it's not free, I have to pay. that's worse)

As a side note, Cataclysm is so good it makes other games feel boring. I recently started tinkering around with New Vegas, but I can't help but feel possible actions are far too limited compared to Cataclysm. I can't even refill a bottle of water or butcher a human corpse to eat it, Jesus Mohamed Christ. If only the FPS mechanics was as good as STALKER...

Cataclysm is incomplete too (thus I have to retract my comment about Cataclysm being the best game ever) but it's a free game after all and development seems quite fast I have no complaint.

Personal Roguelike ranking
1.probably Infra Arcana
2.probably Dungeon Crawl
3.probably Shiren
*Cataclysm is more like a survival sim rather than a roguelike.
*Dwarf Fortress = too much autism to handle

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:25 pm
I've given hope waiting for the games to come to me in port form.

Also there are just things you can't do on a PC.
I have a good/bad news for you.
SpoilerShow
It seems you can.