Times you held your tongue (or didn't)

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Times you held your tongue (or didn't)

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:21 pm

Oh wonderful. Anything computer repair is just about one of the worst kinds of retail.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:26 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:21 pm
Oh wonderful. Anything computer repair is just about one of the worst kinds of retail.
Can confirm, we got yelled at everyday.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:25 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
I can only imagine constantly dealing with boomers coming at you all fucking angry with their computer problems that can be solved by simply restarting it or them having malware because they clicked an email from a Nigerian prince but somehow blaming YOU for it.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:36 am

Are boomers still having the same computer problems that the elderly have had for the last two decades?
Humanity really will never advance. We should all be killed.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:59 am

Poonoo wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:25 am
I can only imagine constantly dealing with boomers ... having malware because they clicked an email from a Nigerian prince but somehow blaming YOU for it.
My dad would constantly fall for malware, but not that one. The one where they'd somehow get the name/email of one of your contacts and the message would be something like, "You gotta see this!" with some attachment.
We had to install special anti-malware monitoring software to "babysit" him. It worked, but programs like that are always memory hogs.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:27 am

I once had to turn off most real-time babysit features on my anti-virus software because that shit would on occasion just freeze my PC.
Guest wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:36 am
Are boomers still having the same computer problems that the elderly have had for the last two decades?
They might even have more nowadays, since computers get cluttered up with more and more shit running in the background.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:56 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:36 am
I don't know any oldfags who still use PCs. Seems their kids all got tired of constantly having to fix their shit so they bought them all iPads instead that are locked down to doing nothing but email and Facebook.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:40 pm

I was once the student aid for the ladder-climbing know-nothing chair of my colleges tech dept. Every day this bitch would infect a new laptop with some of the nastiest viruses I've ever seen. Totally brick them. Eventually I found out she was getting these viruses by clicking on the Google ad version of the free software she was trying to download (shit like Audacity and Packet Tracer). I was so disgusted I dropped out of the program entirely and to this day I'm so glad that I did. IT is the most cucked career in the world.

BlueberryRagamuffin
Goon

Post by BlueberryRagamuffin » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:18 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:40 pm
I was once the student aid for the ladder-climbing know-nothing chair of my colleges tech dept. Every day this bitch would infect a new laptop with some of the nastiest viruses I've ever seen. Totally brick them. Eventually I found out she was getting these viruses by clicking on the Google ad version of the free software she was trying to download (shit like Audacity and Packet Tracer). I was so disgusted I dropped out of the program entirely and to this day I'm so glad that I did. IT is the most cucked career in the world.
This is why you don't let users have admin rights.
RedLine wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:32 pm
Getting Eiffel Tower'd by Spoony & Miles and taking double Antwiler seed is the only way to earn DHI Deluxe Mega-Platinum status.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:24 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
My place is for recycling first and foremost. We aren't consignment or repair whatsoever. It's pretty great being able to be smug that I don't have to offer them anything beyond "hey , this client threw out all these servers and they still work, buy them or stfu boomer fuck."

We also wipe everything and do a fresh install of the latest OS it can support of it has a drive. What happens after that is not our fault lol. We get free stock and 100% profit basically.

The 9nly annoying thing is the olds. Especially this old guy with a shit bag who follows my female coworker around. I feel so bad for her but I just laugh. Ive gotten one or two consistent older ladies who know nothing and have husbands dumb enough to give them a credit card pay hundreds of dollars on multiple 2011 Mac Books.

I get paid handsomely too.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger