Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:06 am

It was a fucking cartoon show in the eighties designed to peddle toys. Gen Xer's need to learn when to fucking let go.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:46 pm

Ghostbusters 3 is going to fucking suck in a pretty major way. Especially if it makes money; they'll resume the 'Ghost Corps', this is Sony's death rattle.

Watching The Night Comes For Us, and the plot is complete incoherent nonsense but the action scenes are really well made and entertaining. If you've already got Netflix, maybe?
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:10 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:46 pm
this is Sony's death rattle.
If only. They've been the shittest movie studio in existence for more than twenty years now
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:25 pm

The Mule 2018

Mr. Eastwood is one of those rare Hollywood directors who still get me to go in a cinema. I didn't know anything else about the movie than it's directed and acted by Eastwood and it's quite possibly the last such movie. Clint plays a fragile and somewhat senile crinkly who ends up doing drug trafficking for a cartel. There wasn't hardly any action in it, it was a road movieish character drama and it apparently was based on a true story, I usually hate biographical films or other true story based movies, but this was pretty alright, nothing "must see in cinema" though. Reminded me somewhat of Lynch's The Straight Story. I recently rewatched the great The Good, the Bad and the Ugly after a buddy of mine reminded me that Clint was the same age as we are now when the movie was shot. I hope I'll live as long as Clint so I can rewatch The Mule at that age. :)

In the honor of this great man, here's a real life scene from the 80's in which Clint shoots a bunch of robbing niggers <3

https://youtu.be/FULxHvaSdxc?t=1m6s

Oh, Mr. Eastwood, don't we all. Don't we all..
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:57 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:10 pm
CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:46 pm
this is Sony's death rattle.
If only. They've been the shittest movie studio in existence for more than twenty years now
With respect to Ghostbusters, I mean.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:04 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:25 pm
I recently rewatched the great The Good, the Bad and the Ugly after a buddy of mine reminded me that Clint was the same age as we are now when the movie was shot.
Damn nigga, you old
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:04 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:15 pm
I can’t say I’m excited for this, but it’d be cool if this film somehow managed to have a female ghostbuster AND not suck. That would reinforce the “CISbusters wasn’t bad because wymn, it was horribly written.”
It could be the greatest movie ever created and have a woman in it, or even all women, and it won't matter to those idiots that defended the reboot. They'll still insist that the 2016 movie was actually the best one and that it was important.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:06 am

They don't like to concede that the farce that was the latest Ghostbusters movie was shit because people that knew it was going to be before it was released would win? No, buddies, nobody won.
Real talk: Everyone knows "It's going to be shit" when Hollywood comes around with any kind of remake. Robocop? Shit. Conan? Shit. Total Recall? Shit. Everyone knew it's going to be shit. Everyone was right. Nobody went to see it. You're just the dumb faggots that got played into watching it because you thought you had to because virtue signaling was more important than acting like a normal human being that wouldn't go after watching that dumpster fire of a trailer for it.

phpBB [video]

This dumb cuck was smarter than any of you SocJus idiots. You got played by a mega corporation. Stop!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:12 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:57 pm
With respect to Ghostbusters, I mean.
God I hope so. Ramis is dead, Aykroyd is a bloated weirdo, Murray is an overrated, narcissistic cunt and they are all fucking Grandpa old. Watching them stumble around for a few minutes until they "pass the torch" over to a bunch of mega-diverse (probably) Gen2 dorks sounds like hell. Add in the 2016 wet fart & its surrounding controversy and I'd love to see this franchise earn a mercy killing.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:26 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:46 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:56 am
No one can convince me that the reboot was a worse idea than a sequel. Hey, let's watch fatass Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson still busting ghosts in their 70s and maybe Bill Murray will stand around looking miserable! Sounds great!
That kind of what the video game a few years ago was. It worked because most of the actors could just use their voices, so they could at least sound enthusiastic. (Except for Bill Murray. He sounded like he wanted lightning to just spontaneously kill him),

I really liked the second one. It had the cool river of slime, the portrait of Vigo, the black guy getting scared out of his shoes by the g-g-ghost train. My favorite part was that the Statue of Liberty was controlled by an NES Advantage(!) That whole scene may have been cheesy but it somehow managed to make it look damn cool. Way more effective at the whole unify New York thing than Spider Man 1's shoehorning it in.
Bill Murray never even recorded all of his lines for the game; he got bored one day and then just didn't bother to ever come back to the recording studio. A bunch of his lines were rewritten and given to Ernie Hudson.
Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:41 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:01 pm
A woman can't handle a proton pack tho
Sure they can. You just have to train them and get their bodies adjusted to it gradually. ;)

For real though, the twitter salt by massive faggots like Movieblob is definitely the best thing about this.
There was a cartoon called Extreme Ghostbusters that had a female member along with a black guy, a hispanic guy, and a guy in a wheelchair. This show still wouldn't be progressive enough for today, though, as the female ghostbuster actually carried a pack that was smaller than the ones the men carried.