Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:41 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:01 pm
A woman can't handle a proton pack tho
Sure they can. You just have to train them and get their bodies adjusted to it gradually. ;)

For real though, the twitter salt by massive faggots like Movieblob is definitely the best thing about this.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:54 pm

I'm just surprised they're doing it. They are still adamant that Cisbusters was a good movie and totally wasn't a failure and everyone loves it, because Trump (correctly) said it was a bad idea. Even though in reality it was easily the worst film of 2016 and lost the studio a bunch of money
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:51 pm

I think thy might be trying to make one last movie with the old team before they've all bit the dust.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:40 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:56 am
No one can convince me that the reboot was a worse idea than a sequel.
They're both equally bad ideas for different reasons
Both can be pretty stupid if the production is run by idiots, which happens a lot these days.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:36 pm

I don't need to see the geriatric original cast come back for anything. Especially Bill Murray, whose acting as of late makes Bruce Willis's seem enthusiastic.

Edit: Maybe Ernie Hudson. He was in Twin Peaks season 3 and seemed alright.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:44 pm

Bill Murray is the most Reddit actor alive. Insufferable faggot.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:48 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:44 pm
Bill Murray is the most Reddit actor alive. Insufferable faggot.
I agree. He's been a compete grouch ever since he started doing those pretentious Wes Anderson films.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Eh, I'll always love Groundhog Day. And Space Jam
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:17 pm

I think the window for a good Ghostbusters 3 (if there ever was such a window) was the mid nineties.

Even if Feigbusters was a direct sequel with the three surviving originals mentoring the Gashbreakers, it wouldn't have been good. Not in Current Fucking Year Hollywood. When was the last time a good comedy was released in theaters, huh? When was the last time you saw a good movie being released in theaters?

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:16 pm

Remaking/rebooting Ghostbusters is a terrible idea for the same reason that remaking a Marx Brothers movie is a terrible idea.

People don't enjoy the original for the plot or the premise. What holds up is the chemistry between that particular cast. You can't just throw other people in the roles and expect people to eat it up. It's insulting in a way and I think THAT, and that the trailer was so terrible, was the reason for the shitstorm a few years back.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:23 pm

What about the Real Ghostbusters? Pretty much every fan I've seen on Youtube always at least name-drops it into the review as that "one great thing that came after the original".
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.