Retro Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Retro Games

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:57 am

Yeah they're just krautaboos. Japs get obsessed with french culture too. Go look at how much french cuisine there is in japan.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:46 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:54 pm
AdorableOtter wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:46 pm
Maybe they were (still are?) glorifying Nazi as some sort of proxy because praising their own Nip Empire causes all sorts of controversies. Gotta admit, Nazi war machined and uniforms had legit good looking designs though (Britain is the worst wtf is that dish shaped metal hats).
You sure about that? They've had a good track record of either downplaying their war atrocities, or going "We dindu nuffin".
If I'm not mistaken, Japanese war games (almost?) always carefully avoid anything related to China/Korea.
It's always about European conflict and Pacific war. I know navy was the best part of Bonsai Military and blowing up chink with artillery strikes would be boring as fuck, but I still smell politics.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:31 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:29 pm
Barbarossa
That art is fucking beautiful
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:28 am

The thing is, someone should make a Rommel video game. It could be a tank simulator where you're up against incredible odds a la Xcom, and you have to use perfect strategy to make sure you don't get all your tanks bled out before you can accomplish your objectives. They would start you out with your entire complement of tanks, straight off, but resupplies would be limited and you wouldn't get any additional tanks. Combat would probably be turn-based. It could be RTS but I'm concerned the game would move too fast for players to micromanage every tank unit. Your tanks would be damn near invincible from the front. Like I said, the real danger of the game would be losing tanks here and there until you reach a tipping point where you're not able to finish the last third of the game.

The Desert Fox's only crime was to be born German, as far as I can tell. He's perfect for a tactics game. Usually the player character is a nameless commander, but making the PC Rommel would fit wonderfully.
RAPEMAN wrote:

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:02 pm

EXPERIENCE BIJ

the worst form of niggery claims he made a million of that console stunt
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:53 am

RAPEMAN wrote:

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:50 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:28 am
The thing is, someone should make a Rommel video game.
It seems such games actually totally already exist it's just you have to deal with Saturn emulation or understand moon language.

(on a serious note, I think modern strategy games have at least north african campaigns)

Meanwhile...

Japanese tank game back then.
SpoilerShow
Japanese tank game now.
SpoilerShow
In a hindsight, Krautweeb-ism was not a mistake if the alternative is THIS.
Sometimes you don't know what you have until it's gone.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:04 pm

Bottom is an improvement.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:15 pm

Girls und Panzer is the best tank show ever made.

Modern waifus referencing Dairanger. Perfection.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:19 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:53 am
I guess that's why I like DUSK so much. It goes back to you being fast if you have skill. You're only really fast if you can strafe bunny hop. Your duck is a slide, that will duck under projectiles by the way, but you'll have to go build up speed again with bunny hops.

I also feel that it makes for far less frustratig difficult games. GoW in co-op is pretty bullshit at times and you can only really die your way forward at times - at highest difficulty of course because it's just too easy otherwise. Likewise, CoD only really has bullshit to offer as difficulty. You're slow, the enemies all have hitscan weapons and you absolutely must tank hits no matter what. If you're at a particularly part where enemies won't stop spawning until you hit a certain trigger, you'll just have to attempt to run through the fire and hope the AI lets you live. That's just not fun.
Compare that to older shooters where you more often than not can dodge most if not all enemy fire but only if you're good enough. Now that's a challenge!

PS: Voice, you're way too predictable.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!