Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Prequel lightsaber fights are silly. The stances can look downright stupid (like when Obi-Wan fights Grievous and does some attempt at a fencer pose, except he has the saber in the wrong, so he's like holding the saber behind his head while using his other hand to point at Grievous), and there's way to much stupid twirling around. And then you have shit like the final duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin where they're standing close enough to each other to kiss. While twirling their lightsabers around.
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:49 pm
Why is it such flawed logic to use the force to make oneself more agile in a life or death battle? It would be more dumb if they were regular swordfights since theyre force users not just fencers lol.
OT Yoda and Palpatine where never physicalthreats. They were pure mind over matter. Yoda was a wise midget who could lift spacefighters, while Palpatine was some old fart who could beat the everloving shit out of you without ever having to stand up from his comfy chair.

A proper fight between these guys would've probably been a more esoteric version of this:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:44 pm

I compare it with dragonball z.

Lots of the fighting isnt visible for the human eye, its just the flashes the sounds and them appearing for a while to talk or launch a ki blast then its teleport style again.
The fights get slowed down to have something to show the viewer.

Jedi and sith posses supernatural speed as well. they could either go for the dbz flash style hardly showing us anything but that would be lame. So you then have the option to slow things down and express that its not a natural battle in other ways like the twirling and such.

But Id guess you rather just see 2 vague lights clashing and teleporting through space.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:47 pm

[quote=AngrySpoonySnob
edit: perhaps it also factors in I get a boner every time duel of the fate plays and that theme would not have fit with a slow mental fight.
[/quote]

https://youtu.be/KQxKOlrfZKc

Like this? There is no unedited fan cut of this scene. God I fucking hate fandoms.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:02 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:44 pm
Jedi and sith posses supernatural speed as well. they could either go for the dbz flash style hardly showing us anything but that would be lame. So you then have the option to slow things down and express that its not a natural battle in other ways like the twirling and such.

But Id guess you rather just see 2 vague lights clashing and teleporting through space.
You're just under the assumption that every Jedi/Sith can do the same things. The emperor doesn't appear to have super speed or something. It wouldn't be fitting either. Truly powerful beings like that don't need to get up and go physically kick your ass. They are more intimidating when they don't even have to do that and instead have abilities that makes that kinda stuff superflous.

What you're talking about isn't some other way to represent stuff. Obi Wan never had super human strength or use force lightning and shit. You're acting as if all the Jedi and Sith had those mega powers but instead prefered to engage in a sword duel.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:11 pm

Anyone who can manipulate the force in extreme ways can use it to move themselves. Even Leia could lol.

And if you think Obi Wan had no increased speed or strength you might want to research some more XD

Increasing sprinting speeds by using the Force to augment the muscles was commonly used by both Jedi and Sith, such as when the Sith Lord Kaox Krul used this Force power to chase Crian Maru and Dree Vandap, who were on a speeder.[12] In 5000 BBY, Jedi Master Relin Druur used the power when he attacked the Harbinger, which was mining Lignan crystals in the Phaegon system, and, by his own estimate, he was able to cross 100 meters in a second, running in a blur.[10]

The Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi were also known to be skilled in this ability, using it to escape from Trade Federation droidekas.[16] This technique was not limited to the Jedi and Sith however; the Force-using Matukai who focused on channeling the Force through their bodies, were highly skilled in sustaining agility based motions using the Force.

Using the Force to increase the speed of movement was a common ability among many Force-users throughout history, particularly among Jedi such as Johun Othone,[30] Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn,

With the Jedi called to arms in the Clone Wars, many Jedi would use this ability during the many battles of the conflict to aid in combat. The Jedi Generals Mace Windu,[15][26] Obi-Wan Kenobi,[34] Anakin Skywalker,[35] and Aayla Secura,[32] were all known to use the Force to enhance their speed in battle.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:45 pm

dis nigga quoting wookiepedia

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:51 pm

>muh extended universe
>being a bit faster and stronger is the same as dbz
>leiah flying through space isn't the dumbest shit ever

I'm not argueing what they've done but what they should've done. Dunno about you but Obi never went Speed Racer in the originals and it would've looked stupid as well. I couldn't care less about what some sperg made up in his mind and shat onto wookiepedia or in some shitty novel. That kinda stuff is exactly why Star Wars went to shit in the first place.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:51 pm

thats what google gave me, if the source is not credible im sure you can find it somewhere else.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:53 pm

oh lol now its suddenly about what they SHOULD have done ok.

Still then find me 10 people who say "I feel the sw games should have the old style saber combat instead of this flashy stuff".
You cant.
This WAS the way to go, with or without them planning for it this was the way to translate SW into other mediums like games.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:53 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:51 pm
>muh extended universe
>being a bit faster and stronger is the same as dbz
>leiah flying through space isn't the dumbest shit ever

I'm not argueing what they've done but what they should've done. Dunno about you but Obi never went Speed Racer in the originals and it would've looked stupid as well. I couldn't care less about what some sperg made up in his mind and shat onto wookiepedia or in some shitty novel. That kinda stuff is exactly why Star Wars went to shit in the first place.
I thought people thought SW went to shit because disney decided to make all that stuff non canon but ok?
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine