Retro Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Retro Games

Post by mad bum » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:29 am

There's a reason why Liar said that even slant eyes don't even recognize some of there kanji, all of there symbols look nearly the same and generally mean more than one sound, unlike english where the letter A is a "ah" sound. One of there letters sounds like "san" as an example. Needless to say I lost interest fast because of how balls hard it was even on a basic level, didn't help my teacher was a fat bitch.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:44 am

mad bum wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:29 am
unlike english where the letter A is a "ah" sound
But that's not true. In German it is, in English it's more of an "ay" and in most words as well. Then in some words it's an "aeh" sound like in "banned". Burgers legit have no "ah" sounding A in any word I can immediately think of.
You're completely ignorant about your own language in the first place because you have no context as it's the only language you speak.
The Anglos have actual "ah" sounding As, by the way. Like in the word "bastard" pronounced English but not pronounced American.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:52 am

Google-translatenese is the most useful language these day. It works quite well as long as eastern moon languages aren't involved. Google is watching you though.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:59 pm
Wikipedia wrote:snip
Still pretty cool cover art. Has a Nadia kinda vibe to it.
Another example of screeching PC bitches who are in fact the true racists. They Trotsky-ed Bob because his existence was mega inconvenient. Bob is proud nigro too, god damn it. #HelloItsBob

Well, they'll bitch about how blacks and women are "oppressed" at the bottom of the screen of something if Jim weren't there. War never ends.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:46 pm

They'll always find something if they want to get offended.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:44 am
mad bum wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:29 am
unlike english where the letter A is a "ah" sound
But that's not true. In German it is, in English it's more of an "ay" and in most words as well. Then in some words it's an "aeh" sound like in "banned". Burgers legit have no "ah" sounding A in any word I can immediately think of.
You're completely ignorant about your own language in the first place because you have no context as it's the only language you speak.
The Anglos have actual "ah" sounding As, by the way. Like in the word "bastard" pronounced English but not pronounced American.
I think the closest to an "ah" sound would be the letter U in some cases.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:53 am
French is more wide-spread and for a European more useful. Nihongoniggers don't want anything do do with baka gaijin anyway.
If you want to visit France, Africa and parts of Belgium or Canada. I think I'll stick with Glorious Nihon.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:59 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:46 pm
If you want to visit France, Africa and parts of Belgium or Cucknadia. I think I'll stick with Glorious Nihon.
They also have more interesting media readily available. Nips mostly stick to NikoNiko so GG to having everything paywalled. Gamecenter CX alone isn't worth learning a dead language over.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:29 pm

US Title: Desert Commander / Japanese title: Desert Fox: Tank Strategy

Barbarossa
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:44 pm

Makes sense. Rommel is still generally well-liked and respected.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:46 pm

Nips' obsession over Nazi Germany is always bizarre and amusing, they don't even know Germany was actually helping Nationalist China to kick Nips butts. Also IIRC one of the first "businessman" who started bitching about muh Nanking Chin Choi Massacre was actually a relatively highly ranked Nazi party member who was working as an adviser for Chinks.

Maybe they were (still are?) glorifying Nazi as some sort of proxy because praising their own Nip Empire causes all sorts of controversies. Gotta admit, Nazi war machined and uniforms had legit good looking designs though (Britain is the worst wtf is that dish shaped metal hats).
SpoilerShow
No, they aren't ya typical otaku cosplayers. They are actual Chin Chois with genuine Kraut equipment.

And also the famous (in certain niche of internet)

Advanced World War

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:09 pm

There just are a lot of Krautaboos. We're exotic to them and it's not only the WWII stuff they like but also castles and shit.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:54 pm

They're really autistic about Krautland between 18th-ish century and 1945. If you ever see Not-Germans or Actual-Germans in a sci-fi animu, you can bet on them being nobles dressed like they're going to visit the Kaiser.
AdorableOtter wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:46 pm
Maybe they were (still are?) glorifying Nazi as some sort of proxy because praising their own Nip Empire causes all sorts of controversies. Gotta admit, Nazi war machined and uniforms had legit good looking designs though (Britain is the worst wtf is that dish shaped metal hats).
You sure about that? They've had a good track record of either downplaying their war atrocities, or going "We dindu nuffin".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette