What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:55 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:30 am
And remember to never ever buy doom engine or quake games from steam.
Never fucking ever! Can't stress that enough! With "official" Quake you don't even get the soundtrack because modern, Bethesda-owned id don't have the license for the NiN background music.
I have uploaded that one myself so if you ever need it, just come and ask.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:32 am

That would go for most older games honestly. Don't be fooled by GoG giving creators part of it when they probably bought the rights for a few hundred bucks.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:48 am

mad bum wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:32 am
That would go for most older games honestly. Don't be fooled by GoG giving creators part of it when they probably bought the rights for a few hundred bucks.
And the biggest benefit to GoG is that any game released on there is super easy to pirate. Put 1 and 1 together.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:05 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:43 am
Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:12 pm
Awesome awesome, thanks for the advice.
DID SOMEBODY SAY THEY WANT TO PLAY SOME FUCKING DOOM?
SpoilerShow
Open the image for a larger version. Personally, I like GZDoom best with all aim assists and crosshairs turned off and with the Smooth Doom mod for more frames of animation. Feel free to go nuts, though.

Edit: The links should all still be valid. Pirate the game there. DON'T GIVE BETHESDA MONEY FOR SHIT THEY DIDN'T MAKE!
Thanks for that. I really want to play Brutal Doom/Project Brutality and go through the entirety of Final Doom with it. It appeals to my gore hound.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:07 am

Eh, I think Brutal Doom is pretty shit, actually. Reloading was never meant to be in Doom.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:19 am

mad bum wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:32 am
I don't hate the steam versions of doom engine games and quake games just because the money goes to companies that didn't make the games. Those versions of the games are also mega shit in terms of what you get. Kugel mentioned the soundtrack but there are other wonders to behold, such as keys you can't rebind and numerous bugs and glitches.

Just pirate the shit because the roms are superior to what you can buy with real money.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:25 am

Load the actual ROM, use a source port. Best experience. The shit you can buy doesn't offer that at all. Shitty optimization in every regard, often not even with proper aspect ratio patches.
It's not in the nature of PC games to stand still. Especially Doom was made with modding in mind from the ground up. Using a source port to get actual 16:9 aspect ratio and proper mouse aim is only natural because you can bet your ass that they would've made Doom like that if possible at the time.
Quake without the moody soundtrack is just a plain crime. What does Beth give you instead in the current retail download? Nothing. FUCKING NOTHING! Billion dollar company, can't even halfass some background music together for you. Because fuck you for being dumb enough to buy it in the first place, I guess.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:25 am

Played the Resident Evil 2 remake demo. Honestly, the zombies, despite seeming like bullet sponges initially, were not hard to kill at all and were easy to avoid on top of that. But I can imagine that there will be some areas in the full game where they could trap you and overcome you in sheer numbers.

It's okay. It brings nothing new to the table, it just seems like a "greatest hits" compilation game of previous Resident Evil titles.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:30 am

Oh and let me just add that one of the best soundtracks to any game ever made is the C64 theme to Monty on the Run:

That's over six minutes of non-repeating SID tunes, likely the finest 8-bit piece of music ever made.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:26 am

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]