Retro Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Retro Games

Post by mad bum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:46 am

Now I can play all those classics like........

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:35 pm

I've been playing Star Fox 2 recently and it's actually very fun. It's a shame Nintendo didn't release it back in 1995 or whenever
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:51 am

So I've still been autistically obsessed with uploading every game ever made onto my NES Classic/Mini and finding the associated box art. There have been a couple out of these hundreds of games that would trigger snowflakes.

Many people are aware of this one. Look for the character towards the bottom of the pile.
Square's Tom Sawyer

Nankin's Adventure

Nazora Land 2
Last edited by Liar Revealed on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
お前はもう死んでいる。

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:29 am

Nanking adventure? Sounds lit!

I bet it's like a tank commander game, isn't it?
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:28 pm

So is there literally a Japanese game that's like 'Bombu za haba'?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:34 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:51 am

Nanking Adventure
That's not Nanking Adventure, that's Nankin's Adventure it has nothing to do with nationalist (later communist) China snowflake war propaganda. That's one snowflakey sneaky misleady, Joe.

That Tom Sawyer stuff is strange because another nigger have a normal anime face, not deformed mutant one. Maybe Square was trying to depict nigger-nigger racism or something.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:10 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:34 pm
That's not Nanking Adventure, that's Nankin's Adventure it has nothing to do with nationalist (later communist) China snowflake war propaganda. That's one snowflakey sneaky misleady, Joe.

That Tom Sawyer stuff is strange because another nigger have a normal anime face, not deformed mutant one. Maybe Square was trying to depict nigger-nigger racism or something.
Interesting. Never heard of this Nankin guy.
Honestly, Square probably just gave the little black character a comical face to fit his character. Like, nobody bats an eye if you draw one white character handsome and another white character like a goofy idiot.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:59 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:34 pm
Ahem...
Wikipedia wrote:The game was never localized outside Japan, and was noted by IGN as an example of racism in video games. In 2010, UGO ranked it as the #4 most racist video game in history. The portrayal of black people as blackfaced caricatures with huge lips has been noted about the game. In GameSpy's retrospective overview of the Famicom; Benjamin Turner and Christian Nutt's Square column concludes that "one of the most amusing Square games that didn't come [to the U.S.] was Square's Tom Sawyer, an RPG starring the happy-go-lucky boy wonder that featured a...racially insensitive...character."
Still pretty cool cover art. Has a Nadia kinda vibe to it.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:59 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:59 pm
Still pretty cool cover art. Has a Nadia kinda vibe to it.
Ah, ok. The screenshot says the character is named Jim. So I take it that it must be Nigger Jim from the book.

I mean.... The Japanese probably drew the character design a little bit too literally when they saw the name.
お前はもう死んでいる。

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:24 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:59 pm
Ah, ok. The screenshot says the character is named Jim. So I take it that it must be Nigger Jim from the book.
You can read Nip?
Is Spoony dead yet?