Fuck steam, those sales get worse every year

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
AngrySpoonySnob

Fuck steam, those sales get worse every year

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:18 pm

besides some crap oldskool games I got for under 2 bucks a piece there really isnt a single game on sale that hasnt been cheaper or equal in the past...
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

rabidtictac

Re: Fuck steam, those sales get worse every year

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:36 pm

Kek, I used to look forward to these. Haven't even checked the sales yet. I've sperged in 2.0 about steam sales. Summary of my sperge is that now everything is on sale all year around, so the sale prices are dogshit as a result.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:04 pm

I already forgot. Just got the e-mail today that several of the games on my wishlist are on sale and already forgot. :lol:
I used to check every flash sale that was going on during my waking hours. He'll I'd even wake up just to check. Now I don't care. No flash sales, no buy!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:25 pm

But if you somehow happen to be into Koei Tecmo ports, boy is it your day. This is like the only time of the year where their games approach something resembling a reasonable price.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:57 pm

>Tecmo Koei

Wash your mouth out with soap.
RAPEMAN wrote:

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:07 am

There have been some co-op games that i've been holding out for until now. But it's sad that that fucking player unknowns battlegrounds has a 0 sale and it's still #1 on that sales charts.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:24 am

Yeah, unless the game is super old as fuck the sale prices are pretty bad lately compared to what they used to be. Nothing is 75% off any more and barely anything is 50% off unless it's old as fuck.

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun is only 25% off and it came out late last year. I've seen RETAIL sales deeper than that at EB Games. Shit on the Aussie EB Games site Prey, which came out in May, is 30% off (Steam is 34%, not much difference). Bulletstorm Full Clip edition is 30% off on steam. EB here have it for 43% off the normal price. Steam sales used to be insane compared to retail but lately the sales are no where near as deep.

It's probably because many people have fatigue from buying too many games on the old sales and not buying anymore impulsively (many devs have said the steam sales aren't as effective any more), so they are just no reducing the price as much to make up for lost revenue since they think the people buying it at 75% off would have payed for it at 40% off anyway.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:50 am

I miss those old sales where you could get a 6 month old game for 10 bucks, maybe they figured no one was buying because they would just wait and get it on the cheap.

For honor right now is like only 30% off when I know i've seen that game for WAY less on consoles on sale in stores. PC master race all you want but lately consoles have been getting really cheap stuff too.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:24 am

Market saturation, mate. And probably some fatigue.

What I mean is that the big sales used to be 2-3 times a year, and when they were happening, everything was 50-75% off, sometimes more. Now there are hundreds of games on sale on Steam EVERY DAY, whether it's a sale period or not.

There's no urgency, which leads to fewer sales, which leads to the sale prices not being as good. Fatigue might be part of it too, but there will always be steam users with smaller libraries. Regardless of the size of your steam library, the sale prices have become overall much worse.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:51 am

I had the weirdest moment a couple years ago when I got a retail version of SFIV for less than Steam wants to see for even a single SFIV costume pack. It's nuts.
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:57 pm
>Tecmo Koei

Wash your mouth out with soap.
They kinda got lame when they stopped doing quality English dubs.

Last edited by VoiceOfReasonPast on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette