Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Movieblob

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:03 pm

I'm not nostalgic for those either. Maybe for my youth but not the specific age I was young in because there was plenty of lame and awful shit that prevents me from wishing that time back. Being young also had it's detriments on it's own.
I'm more living in the moment.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:10 pm

Fair enough. I can understand that
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:17 pm

Do you think non-privileged generations were so nostalgic for their youth/decade?
Like the Greatest Generation or earlier? I can't imagine you longing for your teens when you were stuck in the trenches.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:23 pm

Well, the Greatest Generation fought in World War II so yes, I can imagine they were very nostalgic for their childhoods when they didn't have to fight anybody
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:27 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:17 pm
Do you think non-privileged generations were so nostalgic for their youth/decade?
Like the Greatest Generation or earlier? I can't imagine you longing for your teens when you were stuck in the trenches.
I guess for that and for the world being "simpler". I can relate to that. Less responsibility and the world being easier to understand is something I believe everyone to some extend feels for the past. Except for when you were brutally beaten by your parents or something, I guess.
But while being young had it's perks, I enjoy much more freedom today in pretty much every regard. Driver's license, living alone, no age restrictions applying to you, lack of social pressure from your peers and so on. All around, life is much better for me right now than it has ever been. It's not perfect but you'd feel much worse about your current situation if you got all the benefits but also all the shit from your youth back.
I mean, could you imagine having to move back to your parents, having to attend school, having no money and no power over your own life again? I happily don't have all that free time anymore just for the lack of school and the fucking cliques that came with anymore. You have to be a very certain type of low life loser to yearn back to those times. I know many people that do, actually. Those are the faggots on facebook, longing for those times where they had their silly school groups, caring about what you wear and whatever. I think it's impressively pathetic to still care about any of that shit today.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:53 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:27 pm
Those are the faggots on facebook, longing for those times where they had their silly school groups, caring about what you wear and whatever.
Well, in Britain most of us wear school uniform so that's never a concern for us.

I understand where you're coming from, but I also understand people who want to be kids again. See, as an adult while you are in theory free to do whatever you like, in practice you've got a lot of responsibility. You can go to bed whenever you like, but you've got to get up early in the morning to go to work. You can eat or drink whatever you like, but you've got make sure that you eat right and stay shape because no one's going to do it for you. You can buy whatever you like, so long as you can afford it, but you've got to make sure you don't spend your money too frivolously so that you have enough when you have things you really need to pay for.

As a kid, you don't have these problems. Yes, you've got adults telling you what to do and where to go but you don't have to worry about stuff like keeping a roof over your head, or clothes on your back or food on your table because that's for your parents to worry about. Your job as a kid is to go to school and get good grades, which isn't difficult especially these days, and to have fun and enjoy yourself. That's it.

Some people are willing to accept greater responsibility if it means greater control over their lives, whereas other people enjoy, and perhaps benefit, from people telling them what to do and where to go.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:16 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:53 pm
As a kid, you don't have these problems. Yes, you've got adults telling you what to do and where to go but you don't have to worry about stuff like keeping a roof over your head, or clothes on your back or food on your table because that's for your parents to worry about. Your job as a kid is to go to school and get good grades, which isn't difficult especially these days, and to have fun and enjoy yourself. That's it.

Some people are willing to accept greater responsibility if it means greater control over their lives, whereas other people enjoy, and perhaps benefit, from people telling them what to do and where to go.
Sure. As I said, I get the appeal. But that shit was all fine and good when you were much younger, much less experienced and much more, well, maybe not dumb but ignorant for sure.
But those people aren't the same as they were back then and still long for those times back. That I can't get behind. Back to those times as me being a kid and with the same exact mental state? Yeah, I could go for that. But with my current mindset? Fuck no! Those limitations on your life really only work when you don't and can't know any better.

While I may be fairly successful right now, I'd even take the current life in a lesser state over that carefree child life as well. Exchange my place, car and job all for shittier ones and I'd still rather be my current age with the responsibilities. The people that want those old times back peaked back then. Not just socially but also mentally. That's what I find so pathetic and maybe even sad about that state.
I may not have been popular in my class ever or even the school entirely but I wasn't an unpopular kid in general either. I had plenty of friends, was never bullied and was very popular in the grand scheme of the city. Still, that was fine back then but today the freedom makes up for that more than enough. For the lack of fame, friends, more responsibilities and such.

Clothing was really just an example. In school everything mattered so much even if you weren't part of the in group. What you wear, what you listen to, what you think is cool and so on. You have to adapt so much more to the mainstream than you have to when you're older. Above 30 you only have to care about not being a dickhead, really. People may think ill about whatever you're interested in or how you dress, but they will be too polite to say anything or look past that and not really care.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

drisko

Post by drisko » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:22 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:17 pm

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:35 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:05 pm
So many dumb documentaries about how awesome the boomers were and how their activism or their music changed the world for the better (it really didn't).
Yeah, of all the things I hate about boomers, that's got to be number one.

Of course they are right. They did change the world. For the worse.
Kugelfisch wrote:

rpgworm

Post by rpgworm » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:08 pm

So, been a while, went to check how Bob was doing during the whole new scandal with the MAGA kid, and it's the usual thing, mostly blowing out his frustration calling people subhumans because he can get away with it and just working that impotent rage of his. Also he is sucking some dick for Black Panther being in the Oscars... as if anyone gives a shit...

But then he posted this.

And I have to call bullshit on this. While Moviebob is a bona fide cow, he isn't that popular with the trolls to get "multiple death threats a day" kind of a deal. Fuck, aside from this place and foxdickfarms, I don't see anyone talking about Moviebob, not to mention that he would retweet these threats in a heartbeat and try to come on top as the internet tough guy he likes to pose as.

And as far as dox goes, all I remeber seeing was someone posting his apartment on foxdickfarms that he found out after spending 5 minutes on google... and nobody gave a shit. Fuck, I recall people even saying good things about his brother, that he seems like a guy you can have a beer with.

yeah, Moviebob is still just a sack of shit, no other news, but it's the first time I saw him lying like that to own a internet discussion... this piece of shit....