Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: The Angry Video Game Cuck

Post by Rushy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:03 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:49 am
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:03 pm
Seriously, this is such a waste - why not just do a let's play with Culkin, and cut it up?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (97.85 KiB) Viewed 655 times
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:10 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:03 pm
Seriously, this is such a waste - why not just do a let's play with Culkin, and cut it up?
Only women and faggots cross their legs that way.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:29 am

RAPEMAN wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:10 pm
I'm assuming Culkan called up RLM and AVGN and offered an appearance. Like I said he must want to bring himself to public attention again for some reason.
Bunnyears.com is actually a comedy site, I thought it was some online store that sold Bunny Ears he was shilling until I looked at his wikipedia page. It's pretty much an Onion rip off and he is probably doing these appearances to shill for it but the picture he uses doesn't make it look like an actual comedy site so it probably won't be worth it.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:32 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:10 am
Only women and faggots cross their legs that way.
I mean, there's a legit, high probability the guy was raped by Michael Jackson (while his parents were too busy counting his money to notice or care). I cut him a lot of slack.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:39 am

Rushy wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:11 pm
Every single IN see themselves as Bruce Campbell at the end of Army Of Darkness. "I could've stayed with there. Could've even been King. But in my own way, I am King. Hail to the King, baby."
You’re my body Rushy! 😂

Agreed with what you said about James. Despite most INs being self important twats he seems like a genuine and down to earth guy who just so happens to have spaz friends, so I can cut him some slack.

I think if James had a manager, someone to help him streamline an idea and to run interference with Mega Cock Matei and co, he could make something really solid. His episodes of stuff like Mr. Bucket and Polybius show he’s competent enough, I think keeping the Nerd around is just out of obligation to fans these days.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:23 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:39 am
I think if James had a manager, someone to help him streamline an idea and to run interference with Mega Cock Matei and co, he could make something really solid. His episodes of stuff like Mr. Bucket and Polybius show he’s competent enough, I think keeping the Nerd around is just out of obligation to fans these days.
I have to admit, I wasn't a huge fan of the Polybius video. I liked the concept well enough, but it could've been so much better. James literally just took a camera into a warehouse and filmed himself painfully ad-libbing for an hour until jump scare because he couldn't think of something creepy to happen.
If he'd actually gotten some good lighting, a decent script and rewrote the ending, it could've been a classic.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:43 am

Rushy wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:23 am
Old Black Man wrote:
I have to admit, I wasn't a huge fan of the Polybius video. I liked the concept well enough, but it could've been so much better. James literally just took a camera into a warehouse and filmed himself painfully ad-libbing for an hour until jump scare because he couldn't think of something creepy to happen.
If he'd actually gotten some good lighting, a decent script and rewrote the ending, it could've been a classic.
I personally love the Mr. Bucket episode, and even find his Halloween specials to be pretty fun. I’m a horror fan so I’m probably biased there.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:08 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
I sense two problems:
1) Motherfucker Mike ruins everything.
2) It could use more than just talking over one shitty game.

It's not like I'm mad or anything, James is one of the people I don't want to shit on, but he just delivers one underwhelming video after another. This is just meh, it's cool that they have the bunny ear master himself present for longer than in the AVGN video, but talking about Mack's experience with movies and drugs in general instead of just talking about one frankly fucking boring game would be far more appealing.
Old Black Man wrote:
I think if James had a manager, someone to help him streamline an idea
He doesn't need a manager, he needs a fucking writer. Some of the old AVGNs still hold up and are leagues above the new stuff from past few years. He just doesn't care, it's all written in the same way and he just repeats the old lines, except he doesn't even try to sound genuinely pissed off anymore, and frankly, the way he often speaks now aka "the nerd persona" is just so different than it used to be, and that's the worst part of these videos.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:30 pm

sometimes he'll say something in the james and mike mondays vids that's actually kind of funny. not so much with the avgn vids. i really think he could still do the avgn vids and bring them back around to being at least mildly funny as well as having interesting info on obscure bullshit, but he needs to inject some improv, just natural first reactions to the games into them. i know he plays the games for hours before writing the script for ideas and footage. don't know if he's in costume as the nerd and recording himself during that. but that's exactly what he should do, for several hours and just try to come up with shit to say to make himself laugh about it.

if he got like ~5minutes of material that way, including maybe one good rant where he goes on some tangent comparing the game to something else, stuff like he'd do on james and mike, and combined that with some scripted researched background info on the game and maybe a few scripted jokes, it'd be a huge improvement. i mean legit off the cuff rants like he sometimes does on james and mike. natural real shit. not his stupid scripted rants where he gets all verbose, trying to sound smart or poetic by using a million big words or whatever other shit which is just dumb and not funny. he needs to inject some of his actual self (james) into the avgn. james is funnier than the fucking 'the nerd'. and honestly, i think the original avgn vids came off as totally natural, quickly laid down rants, from james, instead of his idea of what the nerd should say.

his fucking problem is that the idea of the nerd being a 'character' went too far. when i first discovered avgn, saw the first several vids, i didn't even think of it as a character. i mean i knew this guy was exaggerating his persona and wearing the white shirts for comedic effect but when i later saw vids of him describing avgn as a character it just really struck me. there wasn't really a need to paint it like that. but he did, and so mentally for him it became like he's an actor in a show and directing real films like he always wanted to, or whatever. instead of just some guy goofing off online. he did the same fucking shit with board james. those early vids could've just been james rolfe talking about board games. but nooooo, it had to become a distinct new 'character' which then spins out of control and turns into a really retarded 'plot line' almost as bad as those you'd see at TGWTG.com.

i just think he's one of those people who can't write comedy for shit. he overthinks it. he tries too hard to be funny and it's not funny. he could be funny if he stopped trying so hard to be pro. inject some natural chaos, some of his real personality, which is lost the moment he 'becomes the nerd'.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:40 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:30 pm
his fucking problem is that the idea of the nerd being a 'character' went too far.
Guest posting was a success. This just about summarizes one of the biggest problems with most of the nobodies I used to watch. AVGN, ProJared, Spoony and others started out decently well, but then they started exaggerating their delivery as if they somehow got into their heads that that's the succesful formula, that this is the way forward. Just ham it up more, remove anything natural and let's leave it at exaggerated caricature that's just unpleasant to listen to.

And of course, they don't see it - ProJared even made a video making fun of his oldest stuff - bitch, sure it wasn't amazing, but it was the best stuff you've ever made. And he thinks it's inferior to him acting like he just did cocaine, jumping around and screaming like rest of the cunts.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.