The Outer Worlds

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Singh'sSpot

The Outer Worlds

Post by Singh'sSpot » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:44 pm

New game from Obsidian and from the creators of the original Fallout series

Re: The Outer Worlds

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:45 pm

Singh'sSpot wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:44 pm
New game from Obsidian and from the creators of the original Fallout series

Assuming this game doesn't turn out to be mediocre trash, this is essentially a symbolic middle finger to Bethesda.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:10 am

Immediate question: Can one also side with the corporations? Being some random person would allow for actual role playing but I somehow doubt you can actually chose in that regard.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:18 am

Morty! We gotta go rip off borderlands! I'm wasteland Rickkkkkkkkk!
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Singh'sSpot

Post by Singh'sSpot » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:08 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:10 am
Immediate question: Can one also side with the corporations? Being some random person would allow for actual role playing but I somehow doubt you can actually chose in that regard.
I don't see why not, hell you could side with the legion while playing as a female courier.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Either way, the bar to beat Bethesda at their own game is shockingly low, so there's some bit of hope.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:53 pm

Singh'sSpot wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:08 am
I don't see why not, hell you could side with the legion while playing as a female courier.
Because it's all just textboxes and shallow scripts. I doubt they would overproduce the shit out of the game with cutscenes and allow you that.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:57 pm

MS owns Obsidian now so this will probably be some Windows Botnet Store exclusive trash.
Is Spoony dead yet?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:03 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:53 pm
Singh'sSpot wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:08 am
Because it's all just textboxes and shallow scripts. I doubt they would overproduce the shit out of the game with cutscenes and allow you that.
I seem to recall some rationalization from the Legion for why you could side with them as a female courier. Basically, the courier was some special snowflake and Caesar wanted you to do shit for him that you were uniquely positioned to do. So the legion was prepared to overlook your vag. But I always got the impression this could be a temporary situation. You're buying your place in the Legion with the platinum chip.

On the other hand, the Legion seemed to treat fairly with caravans that affiliated with them. Even protecting the caravans so well that nobody dared fuck with them. Not all caravan owners were male. Presumably the legion didn't mind not enslaving all women. After all, it would be detrimental to fuck over long-term trade opportunities or business deals in the name of ideology. Even in the real world, this is true.

I dunno mane, it's a contradiction but not a major one. More like the kind of contradictions you see in real life.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:20 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:03 pm
bla bla
You faggots don't get what I mean. See, you can just go ahead and make another expansion of Fallout 3 or TES Oblivion. Right now. You can have it exactly be as complicated as New Vegas was. It's just you writing some text boxes and setting some very basic parameters. Giving a player a choice between factions in that engine is piss easy. They didn't bother having any actual cutscenes or anything. It's just basic bitch scripts that set your popularity with factions and maybe make an NPC die or move somewhere.

But look at that video up there. Comedic cutscene, setting up the corporations as faceless, making the rebels snarky fagshits that normalfags love. You really think they set up such a thing for you to have a decision? That shit looks railroaded as fuck.
A choice cutscene with zero player interaction. Ha ha ha, rofl "You didn't have to shoot any of them.". What a knee slapper!
You see any room for choice? I don't. You're clearly meant to like that character. You're also clearly not left any choice. What if you had player control and shot the oh so oppressed civilian? What, you shoot the bitch as well and the grunt enlists you? Fat chance in le [current year]+3 soon +4.

I bet you don't get to chose. At all.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!