What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:04 am

Are those Trails games any good or do they suck? Trails in the Sky, Trails of Cold Steel etc. Looks like weebshit to me but a lot of people seem to like them.

I had an old copy of tear of vermillion kicking around my house from the original owner of my PSP. Tried playing that but the translation sucked ass and the controls weren't great.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:58 am

jpakke wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:27 pm
Pillars of Eternity 1 & 2 and Tyranny were mediocre and boring as fuck, they've been riding on the NWN2 MotB and Fallout: New Vegas reputation for years. They have lost or laid off most, if not almost all writers who made those two since then.

IMO the most detrimental factor of recent (not limited to Obsidian) CRPGs is, the lack of moddability.
All those (cult) classic CRPG from '00s were half broken/unfinished on their releases but fans could finished the job or add additional contents. NWN1 is the prime example where the main campaign was actually total garbage but user made campaigns were awesome.

I can understand devs want you to buy new games but mod support is quite essential to make CRPGs totally awesome.
We'll never see something ground breaking until some developer says fuck it and makes an basically CRPG maker based on TRPG-ish ruleset (basically NWN1 v2.0).

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:47 pm

But then Steam would be drowned in even more shovelware.
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:04 am
Are those Trails games any good or do they suck? Trails in the Sky, Trails of Cold Steel etc. Looks like weebshit to me but a lot of people seem to like them.
I only have the first game, so take everything with a grain of salt.

The graphics were you're typical Falcom affair of 3D environments with 2D sprites (though apparently later titles have gone 100% 3D). The battles are some kind of turn-based pseudo-tactics (pseudo because there is movement and range and everything, but neither seems to matter a lot, and the maps don't really have elevations or other features.)

The game boasts some kind of Materia-esque system where everyone's carrying around a magitek pocket watch in which you can slot in crystals do unlock various elemental spells. Rather interesting.

Unfortunately, it's one of those guild-based JRPGs that's like 95% fetch quests. Also the stakes don't feel particularly high and there's almost no actual dungeon in the game.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:55 pm

Well shit, that sounds like the exact opposite of what I enjoyed about Ys 7.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Credo in Deum

Post by Credo in Deum » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:49 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:04 am
Don't bother with Cold Steel (combat poses no challenge even on highest difficulty, babysitting schoolkids is boring and the full story is layed out over 4 games) but Trails in the Sky is good for what it is (for a 14 year old game).

Kama

Post by Kama » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:22 am

A lot of the reason I haven't been around much is because Red Dead 2 is holding me captive. This is one of the rare times I've escaped but it won't be for long. Fun game though tbh.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:39 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:44 pm
So, a Fortnite streamer got arrested for abusing his wife in front of his alleged kids while livestreaming.
>marrying a fartnight streamer
Golden pick there, lass. If you marry a tard, you should know better to stop nagging him when he's clearly on the brink of blowing a fuse. What did she even want from him?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:58 pm

Mario Kart 64

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:03 am

So after talking about Enemy Territory I decided to see if some people actually play it still, and honestly there was still a few people. Played a couple matches and it fucking felt good man. Also fuck dirty bomb, that "spiritual successor" is a pile of shit.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:52 pm

mad bum wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:03 am
So after talking about Enemy Territory I decided to see if some people actually play it still, and honestly there was still a few people. Played a couple matches and it fucking felt good man. Also fuck dirty bomb, that "spiritual successor" is a pile of shit.
My clan played that as well but I was already inactive then. It's a massive shit show and they've put it on hold for well over a year now because shit is getting worse.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!