Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:24 am

Why are you playing Tekken 7? Why aren't you joining the cool kids and playing Tekken 3 in PAL at 25 FPS on the new PS Classic(tm)?

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:44 am

I'm playing Tekken 7 to practice for the day Boss finally installs the game and wants to play with me.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:17 pm

I fucked around with Armor King in practise a bit. He shares many of the moves with King, has some that are mostly arbitrarily different (Giant Swing is the same in input and function but it's a different animation, same with Shining Wizard) and he has far less grab chains. He doesn't have an electric but just the regular WGF.

As for Marduk, I don't like him.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:30 pm

I watched floe try marduk and he's got some stupid damage setups in rage, also his take downs still seem good. If tekken goes on sale I might actually grab it.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:03 am

I'm not saying he's bad. He likely is pretty good and he'll kill Gigas for damn sure because most will switch. All I'm saying is that I don't like him. Not a bit. Two stances and that ground shit? Not my beer at all.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:15 am

Hey I gotcha, armor king looks great also
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:45 pm

I hope JDCR's punk ass switches away from dragunov now and goes back to Armor King. He mained him during TTT2 and that game was shit. The least he can do is pick up a man's character again.

IMO Armor King is not as technically demanding as Heihachi although he's hardly easy to play at high level since he relies on the same Mishima game using crouch and wave dash mixups. The only real difference is you have additional high options in giant swing and lariat. Lariat btw is really fucking good. I think stomps are guaranteed or they used to be and from certain angles, I've found that a ground throw is pretty damn near guaranteed.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:57 pm

What do you mean by high options?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:22 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:57 pm
What do you mean by high options?
Well, with a normal Mishima when they dash up to you, they can either do a power mid or an EWGF or hellsweep. That's the mishima mixup. Armor King has additional high-hitting options for both utility and mixup.

With Armor King, his WGF option isn't as strong as a mishima and he doesn't have hellsweep, but he has the option to do a giant swing, combo throw, normal throw, lariat, power mid etc. He has a few more things he can throw in. But most of the things he's likely to do hit high. So the real mixup isn't hellsweep vs EWGF, but power mids vs high-hitting moves vs throws. Aris has said that armor king's lows are basically his throws. Armor King doesn't have any amazing lows, so the way you keep the opponent from blocking everything is by using a lot of throws. Unless they're really good at breaking throws, the opponent is going to want to duck to avoid being thrown. Which is when you can start spamming mids like WS4, CD4 and FF2.

I don't know if it's still true, but I also forgot to mention WS1 causes a crumple. I don't think it's guaranteed but from certain angles you can get reliable ground throws right after. I think a ground throw is pretty reliable after lariat.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:40 am

Oh, okay. Yeah, his lows are still mostly garbage. I guess his throws could count as a replacement. I never really thought about that because mostly when King approaches people they will expect the giant swing and, to make sure I'd have to check right now which I can't be arsed, I'm very sure that he inherited the WS2 wannabe WGF in T7.

I think King is stronger in T7. Not that I have any expertise with AK in this but, when we're talking about approaches, both have the WGF, both have Giant Swing, both have Shining Wizard as an instant WR grab but then King has the Rolling Sobat which forces crouch into guaranteed crouch grab while I couldn't get a grab from any forcing crouch move with AK and if we're going into the grab game, King has AK beat.
I can't judge how good AK's normal combos fare, though.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!