Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Rushy wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:56 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:46 pm
Rushy wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:38 pm

You'll definitely enjoy it then, they have two long, epic fight scenes together.

Also, there's this bit with Cushing when his character's granddaughter ditches him to hang out with her dumb friends and he gives this look like he just heard Christmas was cancelled.
2.PNG

Like, Peter, we know you're a consummate professional and all, but for the love of God, it's Dracula 1972 A.D.
:lol: You’re so damned endearing Rushy, a man after my own heart. The edgelord satanist dude in that movie is hilarious, mainly because he kinda looks like the psycho record mogul from Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.
Christopher Neame, I've seen him in other things, he's always great. Shame his career never really took off.

Horror comedy when done well(and by that I mean things going batshit insane) has a huge appeal to me. And it was certainly a lovely palate cleanser after the dreadful mediocrity of the last two-three Draculas.
I marathoned those films a couple years back so I know exactly what you mean. Horror comedy is awesome when done right, some people really miss the mark. 3 films I enjoy are Tucker and Dale vs. Evil, Black Sheep, and Stage Fright, the musical not the Italian slasher.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:29 pm

Rushy wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:56 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:46 pm
Rushy wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:38 pm

You'll definitely enjoy it then, they have two long, epic fight scenes together.

Also, there's this bit with Cushing when his character's granddaughter ditches him to hang out with her dumb friends and he gives this look like he just heard Christmas was cancelled.
2.PNG

Like, Peter, we know you're a consummate professional and all, but for the love of God, it's Dracula 1972 A.D.
:lol: You’re so damned endearing Rushy, a man after my own heart. The edgelord satanist dude in that movie is hilarious, mainly because he kinda looks like the psycho record mogul from Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.
Christopher Neame, I've seen him in other things, he's always great. Shame his career never really took off.

Horror comedy when done well(and by that I mean things going batshit insane) has a huge appeal to me. And it was certainly a lovely palate cleanser after the dreadful mediocrity of the last two-three Draculas.
Ooh he’s in a lot of cool stuff now that you mention it. I watched all those movies a few years back so I get what you’re saying. Ever seen Tucker and Dale, Black Sheep, or Stage Fright? Those are good for horror comedy.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:47 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:57 pm
If they had a clue they would know that the proper way to get muh diversity on with Dr. Who is by making the assistant a gay man. I don't even watch the show and I can figure this shit out from looking at the fanbase for five seconds.
Oh no, not a gay assistant. A straight one. Of course not some Beefcake McSquarechin but one of those vaguely faggy ones you'd cast as a love interest for Grey's Anatomy or something. Make both completely straight, maybe even nail some chicks but then give the ever to most slight hint of homoeroticism.
Money in the bank, my nigger. Straight guys fucking is the number one fantasy of teenage girls. You want that Sherlock and Supernatural crowd.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:52 pm

I saw Tucker & Dale vs. Evil. Pretty good stuff. Some genuinely funny and clever moments. Also the bad guy is basically Moviebob if he exercised, left the house, and had decent fashion sense and better genetics (straining suspension of disbelief I know, but they had to try to make him intimidating) with his psychotic hatred of hillbillies and massive ego.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:52 pm
I saw Tucker & Dale vs. Evil. Pretty good stuff. Some genuinely funny and clever moments. Also the bad guy is basically Moviebob if he exercised, left the house, and had decent fashion sense and better genetics (straining suspension of disbelief I know, but they had to try to make him intimidating) with his psychotic hatred of hillbillies and massive ego.
Holy shit you has drastically altered that movie for me. I’m rewatching it with that in mind next time.

Ever seen those trashy ass movies made in the last few years trying to cash in on real tragedy? There was Joker’s Wild which was meant to cash in on the Aurora theater shooting, Del Playa which was Elliot Rodger of course, but for some reason ripped off the Halloween party scene from The Karate Kid but had him turn full slasher instead of learning karate. There was another that was “based” on Sandy Hook as welll. Basically none of the movies had anything to do with the real life events, just vague connections to sell some shock bucks.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:17 pm

I’ve seen that twice. It’s ok, a funny and novel idea that lacks the right execution. And the forced romance between the fat neckbeard and the college girl seems like sad wish fulfilment

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:38 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:37 pm
TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:31 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:12 pm

If I had to throw in a few it’d be Trailer Park Boys (even if it takes a few seasons to hit stride) and Fawlty Towers for obligatory britshit.

And then I’m the only sad fuck in existence who still remembers and well regards Dan Vs...sigh.
Oh shit can't believe I forgot Only Fools and Horses
Ah now that takes me back. It might be a weird choice but I’d put The Red Green show, mainly because I like to harp on how much of it Tim Allen ripped off for Home Improvement.

Speaking of that unfunny tard, can we talk about how much Last Man Standing sucks? I need to bring that up in the tv thread.
Last Man Standing is garbage compared to Home Improvement, though the wife is hotter and easier to take. The recasted Mandy is fine as fuck too. Show's too political and there's no Wilson to balance things out..

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:38 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:38 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:37 pm
TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Oh shit can't believe I forgot Only Fools and Horses
Ah now that takes me back. It might be a weird choice but I’d put The Red Green show, mainly because I like to harp on how much of it Tim Allen ripped off for Home Improvement.

Speaking of that unfunny tard, can we talk about how much Last Man Standing sucks? I need to bring that up in the tv thread.
Last Man Standing is garbage compared to Home Improvement, though the wife is hotter and easier to take. The recasted Mandy is fine as fuck too. Show's too political and there's no Wilson to balance things out..
Oh yeah that Mandy girl is cute. I’ve seen the hambeast eldest daughter naked in a lot of movies. It definitely needs a Wilson to counter balance Tim’s cuckservative pandering. Fuck that soy boy son in law, they need an alt righter.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:41 pm

I don't understand why such a big fight happened over a couple of shitty current year sitcoms. Who looks to a fucking TV show for insight on the current goings-on other than boomers? We have the internet, theres fucking habbenings live every day and sometimes you get to fuck with them yourself.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:42 pm

Mission Impossible Fallout was literally a cartoon. It wasn't 100% CGI like the last Avengers, but it might as well as been. Just boring generic over-the-top bullshit that somehow looked both expensive and cheap as hell.

Six movies now and every one has been about an agent betraying something. EVERY SINGLE ONE. The movie also name-dropped Max from the '96 movie, which just pissed me off because we'll never get a proper sequel but will instead be stuck with this JJ Abrams lens flare faggotry until the sun burns out.

Fuck Hunt's Wife, both literally and figuratively. Michelle Monaghan is a princess, but god it's been 4 movies with that stupid fucking wife subplot. Fuck off already.

Luther defuses a nuclear bomb in this movie. The disavowed hacker who needed to personally be at a server to steal a copy of list in the original movie is literally a tech god now who can hijack satellites with his smart phone. Also defuses nukes.

Only good thing was Rebecca Ferguson. I would watch a spin-off where her character does nothing but murder people with her thighs.