Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Rushy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:31 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:24 am
mad bum wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:22 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:58 pm
Dr. Who was never good.
Never watched it, but I watched one episode of Class and nearly died from the processed cheese. The hot blonde teacher was okay, but they should have called it Modern Day Show With Diverse Cast And Woke Sensibilities. What a fucking waste of people's tax money funding that gay shit.

Spoiler: the real hero is the disabled Muslim.
Even Dr Who fans admit Class was shit, and it got cancelled after 1 season. It's the redheaded stepchild of the series.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:42 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:24 am
What a fucking waste of people's tax money funding that gay shit.
It wouldn't be the first time they've wasted our money. Or the last
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:21 pm

Dracula A. D. 1972 is fucking amazing, one of the great "so bad it's good" films. To start off, the concept of taking DRACULA and tossing him into the 70s amidst the hippies is genius and I blow kisses to whatever idiot came up with that.

But this film also gets both Lee AND Cushing, both of them giving A+ performances as usual with the most hilariously shitty writing you can imagine. There's actually a scene where Cushing has to rearrange the letters of Alucard to make Dracula(like a kindergarten kid) and then holds the paper like Hamlet holds the skull, crying tears. I love it so much.

There's Dracula's disciple, who I swear to God sings "Let it go, let it go" almost identically to the Frozen song.

Oh and Dracula himself has a new theme song. No more Draaaaaa-cu-la, now he has a kickass disco beat whenever he turns up.

I don't want to spoil the rest of the film, but by God, it's good shit. Even the dumb teen characters are entertaining. But if you do see it, make sure you see at least one or two serious Dracula movies first, it makes it even better. How the mighty have fallen.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:33 pm

Nu-Who is shite but the little I’ve seen of Classic Who has been pretty good. Vengeance of Varos was the first I watched and it’s like a Star Trek TOS episode. There’s a good hook in that it’s a planet where people are killed on TV for entertainment (and it’s nice that it actually takes place on another planet, not just some cheesy historical period where Nu-Doctor interacts with the poundshop versions of famous figures), a lot of grit to it (guy gets thrown in an acid bath), some good twists and turns, the Doctor adds logically rather than running about like a child hopped up on sugar and there’s some really cool set designs (no ugly cgi). Yes there are some cheesy special effects and some hokey acting but if you’re watching classic sci-fi you should expect that

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:13 pm

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:43 pm
Guest wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:41 pm
Peaky Blinders is modern nufag bullshit. It's literally a gang of PTSD powderpuffs who take orders from a woman. Even the dumb whore sister is smarter than them, single-handedly ending a gang war at the end of the first season with her ugly-as-fuck baby and vagina powers.
I like it Cillian Murphy is cool and underrated as a leading man. He reminds me of Nic Cage actually but not over the top Nic Cage, Lord of War Nic Cage.
Sheeeeeat, now that you mention it...
Rushy wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:21 pm
But this film also gets both Lee AND Cushing, both of them giving A+ performances as usual with the most hilariously shitty writing you can imagine. There's actually a scene where Cushing has to rearrange the letters of Alucard to make Dracula(like a kindergarten kid) and then holds the paper like Hamlet holds the skull, crying tears. I love it so much.
I don't care about the writing. The only thing better than Cushing is Cushing + Lee.

(Aka Horror Express is pretty rad.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:12 pm
TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Guest wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:41 pm
Peaky Blinders is modern nufag bullshit. It's literally a gang of PTSD powderpuffs who take orders from a woman. Even the dumb whore sister is smarter than them, single-handedly ending a gang war at the end of the first season with her ugly-as-fuck baby and vagina powers.
I like it Cillian Murphy is cool and underrated as a leading man. He reminds me of Nic Cage actually but not over the top Nic Cage, Lord of War Nic Cage.
Guest wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:38 pm
TV was always a medium for women. The point is to be formulaic and bland so they keep watching.
Thats why theres only a handful of truly kino TV shows.
Our Friends in the North, Sopranos, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Blackadder and Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.
If I had to throw in a few it’d be Trailer Park Boys (even if it takes a few seasons to hit stride) and Fawlty Towers for obligatory britshit.

And then I’m the only sad fuck in existence who still remembers and well regards Dan Vs...sigh.
Oh shit can't believe I forgot Only Fools and Horses

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:37 pm

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:31 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:12 pm
TheManWithNoPlan wrote:

Our Friends in the North, Sopranos, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Blackadder and Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.
If I had to throw in a few it’d be Trailer Park Boys (even if it takes a few seasons to hit stride) and Fawlty Towers for obligatory britshit.

And then I’m the only sad fuck in existence who still remembers and well regards Dan Vs...sigh.
Oh shit can't believe I forgot Only Fools and Horses
Ah now that takes me back. It might be a weird choice but I’d put The Red Green show, mainly because I like to harp on how much of it Tim Allen ripped off for Home Improvement.

Speaking of that unfunny tard, can we talk about how much Last Man Standing sucks? I need to bring that up in the tv thread.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:38 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:13 pm
The only thing better than Cushing is Cushing + Lee.
You'll definitely enjoy it then, they have two long, epic fight scenes together.

Also, there's this bit with Cushing when his character's granddaughter ditches him to hang out with her dumb friends and he gives this look like he just heard Christmas was cancelled.
2.PNG
2.PNG (100.57 KiB) Viewed 519 times
Like, Peter, we know you're a consummate professional and all, but for the love of God, it's Dracula 1972 A.D.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:46 pm

Rushy wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:38 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
You'll definitely enjoy it then, they have two long, epic fight scenes together.

Also, there's this bit with Cushing when his character's granddaughter ditches him to hang out with her dumb friends and he gives this look like he just heard Christmas was cancelled.
2.PNG

Like, Peter, we know you're a consummate professional and all, but for the love of God, it's Dracula 1972 A.D.
:lol: You’re so damned endearing Rushy, a man after my own heart. The edgelord satanist dude in that movie is hilarious, mainly because he kinda looks like the psycho record mogul from Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:56 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:46 pm
Rushy wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:38 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:

2.PNG

:lol: You’re so damned endearing Rushy, a man after my own heart. The edgelord satanist dude in that movie is hilarious, mainly because he kinda looks like the psycho record mogul from Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.
Christopher Neame, I've seen him in other things, he's always great. Shame his career never really took off.

Horror comedy when done well(and by that I mean things going batshit insane) has a huge appeal to me. And it was certainly a lovely palate cleanser after the dreadful mediocrity of the last two-three Draculas.
Kugelfisch wrote: