Grand Strategy, Turn-based Strategy and real-times tactics games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Grand Strategy, Turn-based Strategy and real-times tactics games

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:52 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:29 pm
no its not, until you spend 250-350 bucks on this game you own an incomplete "product" that feels more like a scam.
This is a lie worthy of Jim Spergling or Spoony indeed. I'll admit, I've only purchased two of the cheaper DLCs for first Warhammer, but all of them combined go nowhere near that price. You're mistaking The Sims with Warhammer.

The fact is that most of the DLCs add more playable races, some of them extra campaigns, but these aren't really anything special, just few scenario differences, but same map. The main point is, this game is huge - you can easily play just 3 games that will last you 40 hours as one race and not explore some of the depths it has.

Scam would be if they took out something they've already prepared. With all DLCs, surely it's better, but it's absolutely playable and good value. You're not being robbed of anything as far as I'm concerned if you don't play as those DLC races. Would I want them to be free? Sure. But acting like it makes the base game significantly worse is just a ridiculous lie. You're not getting paid for this, you don't have to say this shit.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:44 pm

warhammer 1: 60
DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT FOR THIS GAME 62,33€ copied from steam

warhammer 2: 60
DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT FOR THIS GAME 41,86€ copied from steam

That is 224,19 with the DLC milking in the second game not even being done AND there will still be a third game + its dlc needed for the complete version XD

Nobody is lying here besides you trying to defend your horrible purchase and lack of taste.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:15 pm

You do realize a lot of that DLC is ACTUAL LEE free? And the paid stuff is only really "mandatory" if you absolutely want to play as the faction or lord that comes with it.
I'd say some of the Free-LC is better than the paid stuff. I mean, sure, you have to pay if you want to play as the Beastmen, but who cares about furries if you can get Vlad von Motherfuckin' Carstein and the Blood Knights for free?

And I know this is a silly argument, but whatever:

>Implying Warhammer fans aren't used to overpriced stuff.
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:52 pm
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:29 pm
no its not, until you spend 250-350 bucks on this game you own an incomplete "product" that feels more like a scam.
This is a lie worthy of Jim Spergling or Spoony indeed. I'll admit, I've only purchased two of the cheaper DLCs for first Warhammer, but all of them combined go nowhere near that price. You're mistaking The Sims with Warhammer.
I'm getting flashbacks to the glory days of "Dynasty Warriors 8 on Steam is a scam since it's called 'Complete Edition', but there's DLC to buy".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:39 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:44 pm
horrible purchase
You are an ASS and full of shit.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:55 am

>Arguing with ASS
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Credo in Deum

Post by Credo in Deum » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:00 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:48 pm
warhammer is decent , too bad you need to pay like 250 bucks for a full game...

Civ hasnt been good several games now.
Wasn't there a train simulator on Steam where it went towards 1000 bucks when you added all the DLC? :lol:

I never buy DLC and I never felt cheated when I played through a game without the DLC content. Everytime I look at the DLC section of a game its pointless garbage like costumes or whatever.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:24 pm

Credo in Deum wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:00 pm
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:48 pm
warhammer is decent , too bad you need to pay like 250 bucks for a full game...

Civ hasnt been good several games now.
Wasn't there a train simulator on Steam where it went towards 1000 bucks when you added all the DLC? :lol:

I never buy DLC and I never felt cheated when I played through a game without the DLC kahntent. Everytime I look at the DLC section of a game its pointless garbage like costumes or whatever.
For warhammer its actual content like playable races that have been cut out of the game to sell seperately.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:44 pm

"Cut out of the game" is stretching it a bit here. Not only do the different Warhammer faction have a widely different collection of models (unlike say the historical Total Wars), but there are a shitload of different factions even in the Old World of Total Warhammer 1 alone. And they're planning to have every Warhammer Fantasy Battle faction playable by Total Warhammer 3.

Though one thing that definitely sounds like bullshit if having the Chaos Warriors (you know, one of the main badguys) be paid DLC. Having Bretonnia (the other big good guy human faction besides the Empire) be CPU only at release was a bit odd, but at least those got turned into a player faction for free.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:12 am

Credo in Deum wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:00 pm
Yeah and when you ask the people that actually play those games it's considered reasonable. It's for the miniature train enthusiasts and the prices are lower than an actual miniature train would run you. You also wouldn't buy every miniature train either so going into a speciality store for those and adding up all trains and carts they have wouldn't make much sense either.
I think it's much more reasonable to expect from a Warhammer strategy game to include all playable or at least the most popular races than it is of a train simulator to include all trains.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:37 am

I think it was Mass Effect 3 that had so much nickel-and-dime DLC shit at launch that acquiring everything would run you almost a grand.
Is Spoony dead yet?