PC Herrenrasse

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: PC Herrenrasse

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:38 pm

I see - I've never heard about that term, so I had to google it, but I get the same thing sometimes when playing battlefield and I press too many buttons at once, I get stuck not being able to move to one side etc. - if that's limited by hardware, then that's pretty bad.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:42 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:45 pm
Why do you need the N key so much?
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:54 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:38 pm
I see - I've never heard about that term, so I had to google it, but I get the same thing sometimes when playing battlefield and I press too many buttons at once, I get stuck not being able to move to one side etc. - if that's limited by hardware, then that's pretty bad.
USB can handle about 13 keys at once and three or so modifiers and that's only if you've got a good keyboard. What several companies do is they wire the keyboard so that the keys are not read off evenly in a grid but where the keys around WASD are prioritised. So if there's a conflict, the key not in that cluster will get it's input deleted.
For most people that won't ever matter. For typing it doesn't matter and for gaming if you're playing on WASD that doesn't matter either in most situations. But push a couple of modifiers at once or play a rouguelike fast where you're using the entire keyboard or try a fighting game with it and you'll notice. There's no software solution to that. USB just can't handle it.
PS2 reads every single button. I could push all 103 buttons on my Model M at once and it would register every single one of them.

I get that it's a very niche complaint and likely not relevant to most people but it is to me. As long as mainboards have PS2 ports I will keep using them.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:05 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:40 pm
After my Ducky Shine 6 breaking, I made do with a shitty 10 bucks USB keyboard for the last two weeks. I was occasionally looking for a new keyboard. My goals were:
- Mechanical
- Cherry MX Blue Switches
- PS2
- As little dumb bullshit as possible
- Reasonable pricing
I got one of these

I guess PC gaming is dead with them enforcing W10 on hardware. Im hoping more games get optimized for Linux in the future.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:37 pm

Linux is a serious adult operating system, we don't play video games here like children.
*continues ricing loli desktop*

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:07 am

Microsoft can go fuck themselves with Botnet 10. Them trying to give it to me for free for half a year rang the alarm bells for me. You don't just give away something that is good to everyone.
Guest wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:05 pm
I got one of these
>tenkeyless
>poker format

I don't get the point of those. Is your desk tiny?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:48 am

My desk is decently sized, but I've realized I'm not really using numpad most of the time, because I am not an accountant, so I don't use numbers too often and other keys as well. Which allowed me to put the keyboard closer to my mouse, therefore have my hands a bit closer to each other, it's more comfortable, because I tend to have my right hand (mouse hand) more to the side and keyboard hand basically straight forward.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.