Warframe General Sperge

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Warframe General Sperge

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:42 am

Like I said, he reminds me of Frost the more I play him. He's support, but he's not RELIANT on a team. He's not a dedicated "tank" but he can still tank very well. He's not locked into a healer role but he's a super good one. Unlike a lot of the other frames, all his abilities are good and they all synergize. Yes, some abilities are less good and some are more good, but they are all perfectly fine. Just like Frost. Frost's 1 is used the same way as Oberon's 1: you lock down heavy targets so they can't kill you. Frost keeps his team and himself alive by putting up shields and freezing the battlefield. By contrast, Oberon keeps himself and his team alive by giving them health regen, armor, status immunity(!) and confusing the battlefield. You pretty much can't die if you have energy and that's even more true if you have phoenix renewal.

The only way you can really die is if enemies focus fire you or you get mobbed by like 30 dudes at once. But the first one probably won't happen if your 3 and armor are up, and the second one is very unlikely if you stay mobile and keep enemies confused. I have a radiation Atomos that really gels with Oberon to pump out mass confusion in a team setting.

I should also mention that he is basically unkillable to Infested because he has status immunity with his 2 and it affects the entire party. Very few infested deal enough damage without status procs to be dangerous. Even if you don't have a grass patch up, your 3 regens enough to make toxin procs hilariously ineffective. I tested this against multiple Noxes on defense and they couldn't do shit. I'd melee them and run right into their toxic corpse cloud without worry. I've done infested survival with Oberon and basically nothing can hurt you except during the 1-2 seconds an Ancient Healer is raoping you.

Even without trying, it's pretty easy to get most of your team in your healing aura and have them run over your grass. But assuming the team sucks, that's ok too since it drains less energy. It's like the devs thought of everything. Your team benefits if you want them to but the bonus can be only for yourself if you want or your team is stupid.

I got Mag Prime today as well so I played with her a bit. She is actually pretty good on interception because her 1 ragdolls fuckers so hard they almost have zero chance of ever taking a point from you no matter how many there are. The only way you can lose a point is if so many leech eximus units spawn and rush the point that your energy goes down to zero instantly. I just wish her 2 wasn't limited by targeting a live enemy. Enemies usually die too fast and my real goal in using her 2 is to lock down a hallway, which won't work if the enemy isn't positioned where I want them. I understand why Polarize doesn't work on infested but it should do something to them. Maybe just confuse them or make them trip, like it messes with their inner ear or something. I don't understand her 4 or why someone would use it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:53 am

Her 4 is to get yourself killed for being dumb enough to spend energy on it. It's awful.
Fun fact, you can kill everything with her 2 and a Lanka. Other than that I still just don't like Mag. Whatever she does, others just do better.

I've been playing a lot more Loki recently. I think going minimal power, max duration (of course) and high range is the best build for him. I might go and cheese a sortie with him later today.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:08 am

Eh, I totally understand not liking Mag. A lot of her stuff seems to be random. Her healing is based on shields which means she will instantly die to toxin procs if you don't give her vitality. Her skills don't gel like we were talking about. The magnetic shards mechanic seems to be completely beyond the player's control since you can't move the shards and Magnetize is only usable directly on enemies and can't be placed. I have a lot of fun with her 1 but she still needs work.

She just doesn't make sense like a lot of the well-designed frames do. Y'know, Nidus, Frost, Oberon, Excalibur (minus his 3), Rhino, Nezha (he has a ton of ability synergy between all his skills), Inaros... Generally every frame has some kind of role or task and then the abilities either balance their job or enhance it. With Mag you get CC, Damage, Shitty Healing and Fucking Nothing. 1800 overshields sounds nice and it is but a single toxin proc will completely bypass that shit.

She's not alone in being a warframe whose abilities don't gel though. I feel like a lot of warframes have at least 1 ability that doesn't fit. Zephyr's 2 still feels like ass to use and I play a ton of Zephyr. I'm sure she was worse before but her other abilities make a lot more sense. Her 2 is shitty CC which you don't even need since you have a bullet shield with 3, extreme mobility with 1 and her passive and actually good CC with 4. Zephyr's 2 is even worse when you consider I'm usually moving too fast (airborne) to hit with it anyway. Chroma's 1 is shit and his 4 doesn't really fit the kind of character he is. Imagine if Rhino could REMOVE armor to put down a shitty turret.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:08 pm

Oh and I'm getting Trinity Prime in about 3 days. I'm hyped for that. Haven't had a chance to play her at all and I love her Prime design.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:59 am

Zephyr's two before the rework was the divebomb. Yes, it was taking up an entire slot. Her 1 didn't keep momentum so when your range ran out you plummeted like a stone and you couldn't charge it to hover either.
So her current two is fairly useless but I'll take her 1 being made much, much better and including her old two over it any day. Her 3 also used to be shit because it was percentage-based but glitchy and Bombard rockets would still splash and knock you down so now it's almost invincibility because they couldn't ever fix it proper.

Excal's 3 used to be very strong. VERY strong. The way balancing works, it's either the forgettable garbage it's now or it's Weltenfresser omni rape as it was in the past that was basically a push to kill everything all the time ability used mainly for farming. Today, just about the only thing it's got going for is causing extreme damage to enemies when they hit a wall so if you're surrounded by walls it can still be okay.
Not that you'd ever need it when his 2 is fantastic and his 4 is a room clearer.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:25 am

Got to play with Nekros today. Pretty fun. I could see myself playing him more than Inaros or Nidus. I really like his zombie party ult. Extra loot isn't bad either. I have factions that sell his augments too. His 4 augment is great.

Until I get Frost Prime however, I'll probably be rolling with Broberon Prime or Zephyr Prime when I'm not leveling. Maybe I'll try to shoot for Nekros Prime next.

Zephyr's 2 should ideally be something you would want to use while flying. Maybe it should just drop mines around you, and if you're flying it would drop the mines like bombs. I say this because her 1 works while in the air, but her 3 and 4 both cancel flight with their cast animations. She needs another option for when you're mobile, because her game plan revolves around casting 3 and 4 and then taking flight. You don't want to slow down except to recast those (if for no other reason than it's less fun) so her 2 should be something that suits flight gameplay.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:37 pm

Nekros is really fun to play. I have a shield of shadows build with despoil.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:14 am

I'm pretty much just waiting on my necros prime right now. Had a chance to play with Banshee Prime and Nova Prime. I'm slowly coming around to Nova Prime, but I'm not a fan of Banshee's gameplay at all. Not really sure what I'll do after I build my Necros Prime. Maybe just do quests. I wish the quests didn't have so much time-gating bullshit in them. "Build this part" "Build time 8 fucking hours."
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:18 am

Well, it is free to play after all. There's always got to be some bullshit somewhere.
You'll get used to it. It's pretty normal to put away Warframe for a while every once in a while. The wait times are eventually not a real problem anymore.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:13 am

I'm a nekros prime main now. No going back. Shield of Shadows + Despoil is godlike and he works so well for the types of game modes I want to play. Yeah sure he gives you more loot, but it's not about that. Getting more loot doesn't just mean more shit to sell or more resources. It means more health, energy and ammo which keeps you alive and lets him spam his 4 and 2 as much as he wants. The health cost for despoil is nothing when you consider the high rate of health pickups generated by the skill. Shields of Shadows is fucking awesome and ensures you pretty much can't die, between all the aggro relief and split damage. Plus the zombies actually can kill things on their own and units like nullifiers can stand on objectives to protect them. If you resurrect an ancient or shield osprey, you get those benefits too. So shield of shadows is a much better version of Nyx's 1.

This is my absolute favorite play style in the game now.
RAPEMAN wrote: