What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:57 pm

I'm getting flashbacks to the meh cast of Sony's attempt at a Smash clone. They really know how to stroke nostalgia boners like no one else.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:26 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:57 pm
I'm getting flashbacks to the meh cast of Sony's attempt at a Smash clone. They really know how to stroke nostalgia boners like no one else.
And the same problem persists, no Crash no buy. Everyone who was a 90s kid (an actual one, not a "90's kid" born in 1998) knows that Crash was the Playstation mascot, he's fucking essential when it comes to PS1 nostalgia.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:01 am

PSONE classic uses PCSX (most likely running on linux).

PCSX

I repeated because it's important. It means it's as good as PCSX at best and worse than Retronarch/Mednafen. I don't know $5 per game is a good bargain, but imo it's another stupidity tax.

Just use emulators bois.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:34 am

>payan for roms
LMAOing at ur life
Poonoo wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:11 am
Revelations: Persona:
This is only here because Persona is popular now. Back then no one gave a shit about Persona, people didn't give a shit about it in the west until Persona 3.
It's also the shittiest version of the game. One of the most infamous examples of what not to do during localization. Why not slap Eternal Punishment on there? At least Fatlus didn't translate the PSP version of that.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:51 am

I'm really disappointed in sony, they should of fucking dunked all over Nintendo and had like 30-40 some games on this thing, just bloated the fuck out of it and brought some of there excellent 1st party titles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S ... ideo_games

Should of made the list
SpoilerShow
Twisted Metal 2
PaRappa the Rapper
King's Field
Tomba
Wild Arms
Armored Core
Blasto
Einhänder
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Legend of Legaia
MediEvil
Tekken 3
Ape Escape (ANALOG DAMNIT)
Bloody Roar II
Grandia
Hot Shots Golf 2
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Gran Turismo 2
Cool Boarders 4
Final Fantasy Tactics
Bust a Groove
Ace Combat 2
Jumping Flash! 2

And this is only games they published, and didn't include crash and spyro for obvious re-release reasons, but should include the originals just because people are nostalgic for those games.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:58 am

AdorableOtter wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:01 am
PSONE classic uses PCSX (most likely running on linux).

PCSX
What, that old as fuck emulator they don't even update on PC anymore but do on mobile because they charge for it there?

Oh wait I'm thinking about ePSXe, this one is an old one from fucking 2003 that's even worse. Beetle PSX for retroarch is brilliant and when it says 60fps it actually fucking runs at 60fps and not this weird frame rate that feels like 45 or something like with ePSXe.

Here would be my full list if we are limited to 20 games, keep in mind this isn't a personal top 20 for myself but what would be best for everyone:

Crash 3
Metal Gear Solid
Spyro 1
Oddworld
Crash Team Racing
Tekken 3
FF7
Tony Hawk 2
Symphony of the Night
Resident Evil 2
Gran Turismo 2
Wipeout 2097
Twisted Metal 2
Rayman
GTA 1
Soul Reaver
PaRappa the Rapper
R4: Ridge Racer Type 4
SF Alpha 3
Silent Hill
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:59 pm

Anybody playing Assassin’s Creed Odyssey?

Hearing some good things about it but its ubisoft so im not too sure if theyre shilling or that the game is actually fun.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:07 pm

mad bum wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:51 am
I'm really disappointed in sony, they should of fucking dunked all over Nintendo and had like 30-40 some games on this thing, just bloated the fuck out of it and brought some of there excellent 1st party titles
>sony being better than nintendo in current year +3
I know you have a hateboner for Nintendo but what the fuck made you think that Sony would do any better? They are a garbage company with a completely obsolete console. Maybe not as useless as Microsoft but that isn't saying much and at best incidental.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:18 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:07 pm
mad bum wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:51 am
>sony being better than nintendo in current year +3
I know you have a hateboner for Nintendo but what the fuck made you think that Sony would do any better? They are a garbage company with a completely obsolete console. Maybe not as useless as Microsoft but that isn't saying much and at best incidental.
> defending Nintendo this much.

The only thing Nintendo has is a bit of quality control, the emulators in the systems run good and are flashy, and the games are decent with some questionable choices. Sony should of went all out just to stand out from the competition, remember 90s kids are having that nostalgia itch.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:39 pm

90s kids are little twats born well after 2000 and their first console was a Playstation 2.
Sony should have done a lot of things. But Sony is Sony. They are fuckhueg but don't have shit for licenses. That always was and still is their biggest problem.
Nintendo has a bit of quality control, a gimmick but most importantly pretty much owns all their noteworthy shit. That may not be much but it's well enough to stand head and shoulders above Sony and MS. The consoles in general are in a very sorry state. Get a computer and you won't have a need for any kind of emulator provided by those companies that's limited to an unsatisfying selection of ROMs.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!