Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:41 pm

Well, early one there was some rough idea of a sequel involving the dead protagonist becoming a champion of God throughout various time periods, which sounds just stupid enough that I want to see it happening.

Sadly the url above says "reboot", so it's probably just gonna be Gladiator 1 with Russel replaced by a black guy.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:33 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:41 pm
Sadly the url above says "reboot", so it's probably just gonna be Gladiator 1 with Russel replaced by a black guy.
That may be the one time they could legit get away with that. The arena was one of the few places I'd expect to see a nigger in ancient Rome.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:22 pm

Problem is they already had a black character in the original Gladiator, so if anything they'll probably remake it with a stronk empowered wymyn instead
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:01 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:22 pm
Problem is they already had a black character in the original Gladiator, so if anything they'll probably remake it with a stronk empowered wymyn instead
Pretty sure the only time the real Romans threw wymyn in the Colosseum was when they sentenced them to get raped to death by a giraffe.

Yes, that was a real thing. Some famous female poisoner died that way. Now THERE'S a movie. :lol:

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:13 pm

Lmao, Rome.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:17 pm

Don't diss Rome. They invented the best kind of Professional Wrestling: always hardcore, all the time.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:27 pm

Not to mention ship battle stadiums. I want that shit back!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:29 pm

We never got better at shitposting than Rome.
Humanity should have ended after the fall.
Why has entertainment regressed so much since the BC and double digit AD years? And to think that people are impressed by capeshit.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:46 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:29 pm
Why has entertainment regressed so much since the BC and double digit AD years?
Because never again has a society kept out the barbarians so successfully for so long. The difference between the bleak violence outside and the sophisticated boredom inside hit peak levels.
Truthfully, that actually worse today. But your average citizen doesn't know what kinda shit is going on, how subhuman and detestable the current day barbarians are and have been taught to suppress the natural feeling of superiority.
It's a fucking shame. I just want my battle ship stadiums back and the subhumans outside again.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:38 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:17 pm
Don't diss Rome. They invented the best kind of Professional Wrestling: always hardcore, all the time.
I wasn't. Publically executing a woman via giraffe rape is pretty based.