Net Neutrality....probably should have a thread here on it.

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Tony Schiavone

Re: Net Neutrality....probably should have a thread here on it.

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:38 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:16 pm
rip poorfags, and by poorfags i mean me
can't torrent anymore because the goy aren't allowed to have fun.
Get a job, you lazy hippie. And stop spending all your money on nerd crap.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:49 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:01 pm
so because this will hardly affect me and will only hinder dumb poor niggers, good riddance, I'm calling it a win!
Until they start closing off entire parts of the internet just because they can. You think they are going to duke it out and try to provide the best service so you pick them over the other providers? Boy, when was the last time you bought razor blades? Real competitive prices Gillette and Wilkinson are having, right? They don't at all both overprice their shit because consumer guy can get fucked or anything.
Nah, I'm sure things will be different. AT&T surely will use that additional power over the market to be a real premium service provider for a good price. :roll:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:22 pm

They will use their newfound dominion over the web to make non-leftist sites slow like in dial-up internet days.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:34 pm

Razor blades isn't a good example. You have people who are content with buying that single blade crap for a dollar, including a lot of women for their legs and such. You have electric. You have dollar shave club and all those other direct mail order ripoffs options. You also have people who stop giving a shit about shaving and just grow beards. Or who just trim it, or shave much less enough to only have to buy them any more than once a year.

The Internet is more than just razor blades. It's completely enveloped and consumed people's lives. Its their business and affects literally every other industry and interest on the planet. There's way too much demand out there for people to just be content to suck it up and pay out the ass.

This is good for us who laugh at Nobodies, but not in the way you think you're worried about. There are so many industries out there that both depend on and put pressure on bandwidth to survive. Once it shortens, ad space hikes for a premium and they'll get less annoying as it can't take up as up browser space or memory. Less videos on pages means the printed word will have to get clever to compete. You're going to actually have to work on quality and differentiation to get people to download your terrible game or watch your awful video.

It'll change the business for sure, but it won't go away. It'll lead to better results, not less. A better example is the wireless phone industry. They have all kinds of pricing models for data, yet nobody bitches as loud about them because you have other options out there.

This is only bad for the bottom feeders who just want to tumblr and lazy all day, dreaming about being famous and rich while doing nothing.
News flash--you suddenly have to grow up and stop spending all your time and dollars on useless garbage. You suddenly can't afford everything? Too bad. Sacrifice your damn iPhone XLR and other luxuries and get what you need to survive and grow. Same problem with people who bitch about not affording health insurance, yet have three TVs and a Playstation.

tl;dr I get sick of people who blame and hate me when I'm killing myself to pay their stupid welfare and consequence-free fun. They should just smile and blow me.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:34 pm
This is only bad for the bottom feeders who just want to tumblr and lazy all day, dreaming about being famous and rich while doing nothing.
Why would it be bad for them? You know every possible package, especially the cheapest ones, are going to include those garbage sites they pretty much exclusively use.
I used razor blades as an example for companies holding hands and fucking you in stereo. If anything, the example is bad because the internet doesn't have as many options.
Germany's landlines are owned by the Telekom. A few belong to Kabel Deutschland and shit but they always have to pass through Telekom-owned infrastructure eventually. Same with electricity where you have five companies owning the net, where they have split into areas to make sure that any given area only ever has one option.
Now why would they bother giving you a good choice? There is no actual competition. You'll always get the Google shit and such but what about small sites? If Telekom doesn't want that stuff to pass through their lines, you have no other lines.

Mobile is different exactly because you have a choice. With land lines you don't. I can chose Vodaphone, Telekom and a dozen other providers. With internet, I have the choice between those two and really only because Telekom is forced to let Vodaphone pass through. With electricity, everything here belongs to eOn and they get to charge for any other company using the lines with the sole exception of the city's electricity provider.
I have a bit of a choice and all the service is shitty. Why'd it get better when the choices are completely gone?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:51 am

Ah.
Euroshit.

Well, you"re fucked then.

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:43 am

CIANIgger wrote:
So Obongo's NN rules are officially thrown out of Supreme Court.
The Supreme Court didn't throw anything out. The rules were thrown out already by the legislature. The situation with the Supreme Court was that there was a legal challenge to Obama's new neutrality rules, and the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit upheld those rules, saying they were OK. Then it was appealed to the Supreme Court, and by the time the Court actually got around to deciding whether they wanted to review the case or not, those rules got rescinded and thus there was nothing to actually rule on. The only actual choices the Court had were to either decline to review (which they did) or declare the whole thing moot because the rules weren't in place anymore. The only practical difference between the two options is that the former leaves the Court of Appeals' ruling as having some level of precedential value for future cases, whereas the latter leaves no precedent at all.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:43 am

I could give a fuck less about shit like normiebook, but leave my YouTube alone. Honestly though they are going to punish people who only subscribe to internet like me
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:54 pm

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:43 am
CIANIgger wrote:
So Obongo's NN rules are officially thrown out of Supreme Court.
The Supreme Court didn't throw anything out. The rules were thrown out already by the legislature. The situation with the Supreme Court was that there was a legal challenge to Obama's new neutrality rules, and the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit upheld those rules, saying they were OK. Then it was appealed to the Supreme Court, and by the time the Court actually got around to deciding whether they wanted to review the case or not, those rules got rescinded and thus there was nothing to actually rule on. The only actual choices the Court had were to either decline to review (which they did) or declare the whole thing moot because the rules weren't in place anymore. The only practical difference between the two options is that the former leaves the Court of Appeals' ruling as having some level of precedential value for future cases, whereas the latter leaves no precedent at all.
Yeah that. All i took away from it is "Fuck you, it's still gone, get out of my office, nigger." :lol:
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:36 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:51 am
Ah.
Euroshit.

Well, you"re fucked then.
Not yet. We still have net neutrality.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!