Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:08 am

Has there ever been any at all? Did Cloud 9 use to have a Guitar Hero section for the big cash win tournaments for competitive Guitar Hero?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:12 am

This shit is more queer than linkara.

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:40 am

At least they don't require defective guitars. I think.

And I'd rather join the competitive Project Diva e-sports scene.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:30 pm

You're in luck then because I'm hosting a Project Diva tournament this Sunday. It's in Bergen-Belsen in a place called Karaoke Zone, or KZ for short. You'll need to register in the room that's labeled "Brausebad".
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:50 pm

Sweet! I'll finally going to meet Kugel-senpai IRL!

(I'll be the one in the Mikudayō costume.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:52 pm

Cool. I even bought a fog machine for the event.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:34 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:12 am
This shit is more queer than linkara.

And the guy playing it is pure shit, professional my ass. On my first attempt on that easy as fuck song I could of beaten him, the uploader must be a lying shit since there is no way that was pro player footage and I doubt they would judge players by points anyway since that has always meant jack shit to Guitar Hero/Rock band players, 5 stars, percentages and FCs are what have always mattered. Points is just using the special when you have long section of 3 button chords since the scoring system is dumb as shit in GH and has nothing to do with skill.

EDIT: I just looked into guitar hero tournaments and that is exactly what they do. No wonder it never took off, eventually you will have two guys who can FC a song and it's about not choking on stage and where to use star power. And if pro-guitar hero ever got big like fighting games you fucking bet people online would have pointed out the perfect moments to use it for maximum points, meaning everyone will do the same shit over and over again.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:41 pm

Are you guys seriously telling me that "professional Guitar Hero player" actually was a thing?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:28 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:41 pm
Are you guys seriously telling me that "professional Guitar Hero player" actually was a thing?
I heard the phrase used back when the games were relevant, but I doubt people had that as a career like fighting games or League of Legends players. Probably some 18 year olds barely earning minimum wage.

I played Guitar Hero/Rock Band on expert and early on I paid attention to the communities and knowing what I know about them competitive play was never a mark of skill. Scores were uploaded to ScoreHero but like I said, FCs (100% with no mistakes in between notes) of hard as fuck songs and percentages mattered the most, 5 staring harder songs was the minimum to not be considered shit initially. A joke on forums at the time was when some guy would brag about finishing a hard song like Cowboys from Hell in GH1 and you'd respond with "now 5 star it".

If anything it was closer to a speedrunning community (only slightly less autistic) since it was about chasing records and doing things no one else had done.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:06 am

I'd actually call it more autistic. You can't even break the game or something.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!