Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:08 pm

Don't bring Votoms into this discussion cunt. Leave my kino alone.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:20 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:48 pm
But not only is the anime padded out with whacky hijinks, but season 2 just gave every mecha wings 'n' shit and beam weapons, just in case you didn't already have enough Gundam around.
I think you'll find very few Code Geass fans trying to argue that R2 wasn't shit.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:26 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:08 pm
Don't bring Votoms into this discussion cunt. Leave my kino alone.
Votoms was very good until the Vietnam arc, the post explanation of the plot armor of chirico and the overman ruined the series for me.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:39 pm

Vietnam was kino, with Woodo being the best setting.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:40 am

Almost done with S2 of Space Dandy. It’s a great show when it sticks to the epic and frantic style of the 50s serials it invokes with its pre-opening. It’s a mediocre show when it reverts to its base instincts of a modern anime: that is being predicated on mawkishness and maudlin

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:53 pm

I decided to watch to second Yu Yu Hakusho movie and I just figured out after all these years that Central Park Media's dub Yusuke is fucking Chris from Garzey's Wing.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:45 pm

That VA only worked on true masterpieces of Japanimation.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:49 am

I'm reading original Gegege Kitarou manga now and I'm somewhat impressed by how unique the art style and character/world settings are. I like how Kitaro is not your typical lawful do-gooder boring shounen protagonist and people actually die (or are sent to literally Hell) a lot. Also, original badass psycho killer Neko-musume (literally "cat-girl") >>>>>> anime fan-service hentai waifu Neko-musume.

It's strange shounen (kid) manga in general has become more and more childish/immature even though their main readers are getting much older than it used to be (iirc main readers of "shounen-whatever" these days are 30 something years olds).

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:03 pm

Though I fear Neko-Musume did get more waifuish in later adaptations.

Shouneshit becomes more shit because Toriyama poisoned the well in terms of storytelling, while newer mangaka seem to be more likely to be hack writers.

The older audience is unsurprising because autism.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:52 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:24 pm
White Wolf: for batshit snowflakes, by batshit snowflakes.
B-b-but, they gave us muh Exalted! You not a real weeb if you don't appreciate every single part of that world!
...and still: Spoony did nothing.