Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:55 pm

Collateral's also the movie where Peter Berg became obsessed with becoming the next Michael Mann only to show he's incapable of shooting clear action or directing movies that aren't trash: see Mile 22 and Battleship.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:31 am

I had no clue where to put this so I'm putting it here:

Watched this from beginning to end for the first time and a couple things stuck out to me:

a) Pretty much the slippery slope into the shitshow begins with the guy asking Downey if he was still a liberal or not. Interrupting the movie promotion to make sure Downey is still on the side of (((them))).

b) This fartknocker sounds EXACTLY like Miscarriage of Acchild, to the point where when the camera was on Jr. I thought he was being interviewed by Miscarriage of Acchild. Not only with his accent but the way he pauses when he finishes his sentences.

c) "You're foot is starting to jump a bit you better get to your next question!" LOL

d) Also at the very end, douchey interviewer crosses his arms like a grade schooler who just got a toy taken away as he tries to ask his last question.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:51 pm

I can only imagine the sandnigger controversy/pandering that could potentially come from this.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:53 pm

Pope Corky III wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:31 am
a) Pretty much the slippery slope into the shitshow begins with the guy asking Downey if he was still a liberal or not. Interrupting the movie promotion to make sure Downey is still on the side of (((them))).
So what if he gave the "wrong" answer? Would Disney kill off Iron Man inbetween Avengers movies?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:22 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:51 pm
I can only imagine the sandnigger controversy/pandering that could potentially come from this.
There's really no way to win with Muzzies. No matter what you do, they chimp out. This was a bad idea for a reboot. They should have changed the setting to China (like the original story) if they just HAD to do it.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:01 pm

I didn't know Alladin Sane was set in China.
But Didney already has Moolinyan and a Moolinyan reboot for that.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:22 pm

https://youtu.be/-77cUxba-aA

The only Alladin thing that matters.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:29 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:01 pm
I didn't know Alladin Sane was set in China.
The source material is a bit weird in that regard since all the names and titles (and probably the culture as well) are still Arabic. "China" is basically a shorthand for "totally not here".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:57 am

What I read (probably on Wiki) is that it was some Euro that first wrote this story. Claimed he heard it from some rugmerchant or something. Doesn't seem to be any evidence that this was actually ever an Arabian fable, although they've apparently accepted it as one of theirs now.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:24 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:57 am
Doesn't seem to be any evidence that this was actually ever an Arabian fable, although they've apparently accepted it as one of theirs now.
A possibility but a lot of fables and fairytales are from the oral tradition so really the French bloke may have just been the first person to actually write it down.

It's funny. The three most notable tales of the 1001 Nights (Aladdin, Ali Baba and Sinbad) didn't originate from it.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.