Mr. Metocuck: the Tenbux Goon and Black Pill Loon

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Mr.Metokur the Savior of the Interwebs & Slayer of all things SJW

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:45 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:56 pm
I even started getting burner cellphone lines to register accounts on places like Twitter,
I've thought about doing that, I actually have a ton of burner phones but none of them are activated to receive text messages. But I can't in good conscience spend money to use Twitter or make a new YouTube account, the normalfag net just isn't that important to me, especially when I'd just get banned anyway.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:56 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:45 pm
Le Redditeur wrote:
I even started getting burner cellphone lines to register accounts on places like Twitter,
I've thought about doing that, I actually have a ton of burner phones but none of them are activated to receive text messages. But I can't in good conscience spend money to use Twitter or make a new YouTube account, the normalfag net just isn't that important to me, especially when I'd just get banned anyway.
I wouldn't spend that money either, if it was just for Twitter or Google. Each burner line is used for other things that require a phone number as well, like online shopping.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:36 pm

Keeping your identity hidden is just smart. In the circles he's been around it's always been an especially good idea to do so. Habermann was platinum mad about Jordan Hass leaving and the attention Busy Street got for the longest time. Had he not gotten a bad case of troll's remorse he'd have tried to fuck with him in some way.
I don't see Jim being a teacher of some sorts. Who'd he have to teach for that not to get leaked? His voice is pretty recognisable.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:40 pm

I don't know if he ever became a teacher but I've heard him talk about being in some sorta training programs to become one. Could be he just NEETed up when he got throat cancer/AIDS.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:56 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Also, "letting the world know who you are" is what ruined the internet from what it was in the 90s and early 2000 - it was this really chaotic, anonymous place to relax, lie, pick up fights for silly reasons, get nudes from dumb girls, and occasionally even tell the truth (because who cares?). Nowdays, the internet is just this cult of personality set up around celebs and e-celebs with blue checkmarks after their names, and everybody is trying to get senpai to notice them either by licking their boots or by inciting a response and/or getting blocked (like even dumb as fuck Marztruck noticed, screenshotting a block is a trophy on its own for the average troll).

This was always a feature of the Internet. Forums had their regulars who would rise to the top of the clique and many sucked up to the moderators. This was happening before SomethingAwful existed unless you're referring to all the way back when Usenet newsgroups were dominant.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:05 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:56 pm
Le Redditeur wrote:
Also, "letting the world know who you are" is what ruined the internet from what it was in the 90s and early 2000 - it was this really chaotic, anonymous place to relax, lie, pick up fights for silly reasons, get nudes from dumb girls, and occasionally even tell the truth (because who cares?). Nowdays, the internet is just this cult of personality set up around celebs and e-celebs with blue checkmarks after their names, and everybody is trying to get senpai to notice them either by licking their boots or by inciting a response and/or getting blocked (like even dumb as fuck Marztruck noticed, screenshotting a block is a trophy on its own for the average troll).

This was always a feature of the Internet. Forums had their regulars who would rise to the top of the clique and many sucked up to the moderators. This was happening before SomethingAwful existed unless you're referring to all the way back when Usenet newsgroups were dominant.
Yes, I remember that this could happen - on IRC channels it was pretty much "suck up to the mods so you can get mod/voice stat", for example. But that was consequence from their position within the community, not "suck up to this faggot because he's famous/semi-famous/has a blue checkmark on twitter". Also it was much less pervasive - there was no online lynch mob.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:12 am

The point is that those places were easily avoidable and the status was usually at least earned in some way by the user's actions. How valuable the actions or reasons for that are is open for debate, like me here having admin status because I post way too much.
But that didn't ruin the internet. What did were your everyday normalfags. The characterless drones that never grew out of their high school clique phase. They were assmad that their artificial social status didn't translate to the internet. Suddenly, people would call them daft faggots for their empty drivel because all their leverage they may have or imagine to have IRL don't apply.
With more and more of the forced clear names and normalfags being able to carry their ego over into the internet, the place becomes more and more like real life, with all the artificial social cancer like self-imposed censorship and clique behaviour in tow.

Because of that, I like the Lupa thread. Some random lupaposter saying some outrageous shit just to say something outrageous is refreshingly old internet.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:48 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:12 am
Because of that, I like the Lupa
That's a quote!

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:15 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Because of that, I like the Lupa thread. Some random lupaposter saying some outrageous shit just to say something outrageous is refreshingly old internet.
The fact that Lupa reads everything only makes it better. I go out of my way to say the worst shit possible in the Looba, Mraz and Blad threads for the same reason.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:02 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:15 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
The fact that Lupa reads everything only makes it better. I go out of my way to say the worst shit possible in the Looba, Mraz and Blad threads for the same reason.
And may god bless you for that. If that managed to get one of the cunts mad even once it was well worth it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!