Cracked is crumbling

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
ChangeTheChunnel

Re: Cracked is crumbling

Post by ChangeTheChunnel » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:08 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:24 pm
David Wong is still there (only a matter of time before that fake name gets called out for being cultural appropriation/racist).
There was an interview he did years ago where he was asked about his pen name. My memory is garbage, but I want to say that he made up some bullshit about how some Asian writers will choose white sounding names so they can get published.
RedLine wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:05 am
Lupa is alone. She has no one. Fucking Spoony has a better social life than her and he's practically a chair.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:20 pm

The Modern Rogue has been around for some time now. It features the dude from Scam School. You know, the YT dude with spiky hair that used to do little bar tricks for free drinks. I thought that was neat back in the day.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:25 pm

ChangeTheChunnel wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:08 pm
Tony Schiavone wrote:
David Wong is still there (only a matter of time before that fake name gets called out for being cultural appropriation/racist).
There was an interview he did years ago where he was asked about his pen name. My memory is garbage, but I want to say that he made up some bullshit about how some Asian writers will choose white sounding names so they can get published.
From what I remember from reading discussions about him, the real reason was much more boring. Apparently 'David' is the most common first name in the world and 'Wong' is the most common surname but he claims you'll never find someone with both names.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

ChangeTheChunnel

Post by ChangeTheChunnel » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:35 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:25 pm
ChangeTheChunnel wrote:
Tony Schiavone wrote:
From what I remember from reading discussions about him, the real reason was much more boring. Apparently 'David' is the most common first name in the world and 'Wong' is the most common surname but he claims you'll never find someone with both names.
That sounds about right. Like I said, my memory is garbage.
RedLine wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:05 am
Lupa is alone. She has no one. Fucking Spoony has a better social life than her and he's practically a chair.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:58 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:25 pm
ChangeTheChunnel wrote:
Tony Schiavone wrote:
Not only is he extremely wrong, there are people with that name who are more accomplished than him. :lol:
Writer:
https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/articl ... 264260.php
Scientist:
https://spu.edu/depts/uc/response/winte ... rozac.html
Lawyer:
http://www.btlaw.com/David-AW-Wong/

Although I wouldn't put it past him for the real reason to have been to get a little of those "diversity" hiring points, like Ward Churchill. Asian obviously isn't worth as much as Native American or black, but in an office of liberal arts shitlibs who feel their workplace is "too white", the kind of place Cracked absolutely was, it'll get the job done nicely.

Oengae

Post by Oengae » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:22 am

I've heard all the stuff about Wong being a white guy with a fake Asian name for years. Nobody on his side ever pulls out the "cultural appropriation" card ever, so chances are it's not gonna stick.

If Wong gets SJWd out it's gonna be because he's a sex pest or a wife beater like his butt buddies Sargent and Cheese. How can you have a staff full of people like that and not know unless you're in on it yourself? Plus, his article "10 Ways Society Teaches Men to Hate Women" reads like a Evangelical preacher giving a sermon about how the devil tempts everyone into gay sex when it's pretty clear it's just him.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:48 pm

He admitted it years ago with John Cheese (where they basically swapped ethnicity names). The difference being that he started virtue signaling long before it was cool in an attempt to bury himself as a target way down the list. It also helps that he sucks as a writer, so there isn't as much of a reward to take him down.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:59 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:48 pm
He admitted it years ago with John Cheese (where they basically swapped ethnicity names). The difference being that he started virtue signaling long before it was cool in an attempt to bury himself as a target way down the list. It also helps that he sucks as a writer, so there isn't as much of a reward to take him down.
All of them suck as writers. At least Wong wrote an actual book that I think sold reasonably well. Well enough to make a crappy indie movie anyway. What do the rest of them have?

BlueberryRagamuffin
Goon

Post by BlueberryRagamuffin » Tue May 14, 2019 4:11 pm

I was re-reading some of my favorite Seanbaby articles when I noticed most of the profanity has been censored since I was last on Cracked. Like blowjob was censored as b*****b and it took me a really long time to figure out that was the intended word. It isn't just his articles, either. Or maybe the censorship has always been here and I'm just imagining things. Either way it's stupid.
RedLine wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:32 pm
Getting Eiffel Tower'd by Spoony & Miles and taking double Antwiler seed is the only way to earn DHI Deluxe Mega-Platinum status.

Post by Guest » Tue May 14, 2019 4:34 pm

Censoring words on the internet it stupid. Even the normalfags on Fagbook are fairly profane. We're not Hollywood TV shows trying to pretend we aren't degenerate, theres no point in hiding how people speak anymore.