Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Poonoo » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:21 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:42 pm
None of it should be taken seriously, just give us the firebawlz and make it not shit.
Worked for Mortal Kombat 1, and the Street Fighter 2 Animated Movie is awesome too and it has no tournament plot (or any plot really) at all. Even as a kid I thought the live action movie was "alright" (when a kid says that, it means it's shit if you can;t even please a fucking 7 year old) but I was annoyed that I didn't see any hadoukens or sonic booms. That's all I fucking wanted, seeing that shit in live action would have been more than enough and they fucked that up. The MK movie came out a year later and gave you everything you wanted, Scorpion did his "Get over here" move and removed his face to breathe fire from his skull head, Sub Zero froze things, Johnny Cage did his nut shot on Goro and the movie ended with a fatality on spikes.

Fuck plots with these movies, who gives a shit if it will be like U-Gay-Bro plot wise? I just want cool looking martial arts scenes that look like the games in these things with cheesy one liners. Have as little plot as possible like MK and the SF2 animated movie did and have as many fights as you can cram in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_(film)
Robin Shou said that in the original script he "was supposed to fall in love with Talisa Soto [Kitana]. I was looking forward to it, but they thought we have so much action, we don't want to add romance to it. They cut it out."
That's how you make a fighting game movie. I don't give a shit if a Rolling Death Cradle makes no sense in real life, if you make a Tekken movie King better do it.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:47 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:35 pm
Yes, I did. I've read all of the original run of the Dragonball mango. The tournaments being of world-changing importance is the exception, not the norm. Meanwhile, in You-Gay-Bro absolutely everything is handled in a tournament.
Irrelevant. My point was that Dragon Ball did the idea first. Dragon Ball was doing it long before Yu-Gi-Oh! was even about children's card games.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Auli

Post by Auli » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:17 pm

I find The Dark Knight overrated. Good, even great, but overrated.

Just like Darth Vader.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:29 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:47 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:35 pm
Yes, I did. I've read all of the original run of the Dragonball mango. The tournaments being of world-changing importance is the exception, not the norm. Meanwhile, in You-Gay-Bro absolutely everything is handled in a tournament.
Irrelevant. My point was that Dragon Ball did the idea first. Dragon Ball was doing it long before Yu-Gi-Oh! was even about children's card games.
Dragonball did everything in shonenshit first.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:38 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:47 am
Your entire point is irrelevant to my comparison.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:28 pm

I almost think Capcom made the deep SF lore stupid on purpose. Why can't Bison just be some asshole running a martial arts tournament? Do we really need that whole shit about taking over the world, trying to replace his body with that of a loli, and splitting off the "good" part of his soul into a French lady like he's Kami or something? If they want serious shit they can use Akuma or something.

At least when KOF does the whole "I want to conquer the world with this martial arts tournament", the final boss has the decency to stay dead. Mostly.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:38 pm

I prefer to think of the Dark Knight as a love letter to Dubya and leave it at that.

As for the Dark Knight Returns--as much as I hate to give Arin Hanson any credit, he was right that the movie is one of the best unintentional comedies of all time.
Just watch one clip out of context and you'll see what I mean.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:34 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:38 pm
Your entire point is irrelevant to my comparison.
Yeah well your comparison is irrelevant to my comparison
Tony Schiavone wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:38 pm
As for the Dark Knight Returns--as much as I hate to give Arin Hanson any credit, he was right that the movie is one of the best unintentional comedies of all time.
300 is a much better unintentional comedy
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Auli

Post by Auli » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:35 pm

Nathan Fillion's (I blanked on the name of Nolan Batman's Batman) Batman has such a retarded voice. It was exaggerated in Batman Begins, but ok, although in the next it was so fucking bad.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:58 pm

I legit think he picked that voice in-universe on the off-chance that one of his opponents would break down laughing.

And here's a cool idea for my "Batman minus Batman" movie idea: It's a Matches Mallone movie (some fake criminal identity Batman puts on every now and then), except the movie never confirms whether he's a fake identity in this one, or whether or not Batman is actually real. Maybe he just imagines he's Batman to help himself through his dark times.

EDIT: Holy shit, I just realized that silly voices are the power level of the Nolanverse. Bane bested Batsy because he had the sillier voice.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette