Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:24 pm

Well, Nick clearly needed the money. He seems to think differently about that in the first place. I don't think he's a guy that can judge if a movie will be good or not by reading a script.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:43 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:00 am
I don't completely agree. Yes, when you're a no name actor I can understand taking every role that comes your way because otherwise you can't make a living. You're not on salary. You can't afford to be selective with roles because otherwise you starve.

But big, established, name stars like Arnold or Eddie Murphy? Those guys have got loads of money. Arnold made his first million before he even signed for Conan. If you're a big actor and you take everything you just devalue your brand and ultimately hurt your career. Studio execs and producers aren't going to pay you the big money because they figure 'he'll do anything' and audiences are more likely to ignore the films you do because they figure 'he'll do anything'.
Yeah I agree, if you keep putting yourself in bad movies (not bad by our standards, but normie standards) people will associate you with shit. Eddie Murphy's career may as well be over since he was in so many crappy fucking movies in the 2000s, fuck his brother is remembered more fondly now for the Dave Chappelle skits alone and no one knew who the fuck he was before that.

Travolta was in some shit movies in the 1980s and it nearly killed his career. Pulp Fiction saved his ass and Eddie Murphy needs to get into something really good (which is hard with modern Hollywood being fucking awful) for more long term gain, grabbing any role you can only works short term if you are a star and in the long run you work more for less money. You should only do that if you are sick of movies and want to make as much as you can for a few years so you can save money and don't have to work.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:37 pm

The problem with Eddy Murphy specifically is that the real stinkers he wasn't just cast in, he made them himself. Pluto Nash was a passion project.
>gayvolta
At least this nigger's passion project was hilarious.
I really wonder what shit Scientology has on him. You know they collect absolutely every piece of info he gave them or that they find just to smear him in case he ever left. Travolta is a faggot but that can't be the only thing. Maybe he touched little boys or something. I mean, it's Hollywood so that's pretty much a given.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:21 am

New Joker teaser was kinda cool, I'm onboard with that. DCEU is dead anyway.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:02 am

It's literally just a tight shot on Jaun Phoenix in clown makeup. I mean it could be good but I dont know how you could make on judgments on such a nothing teaser.

Or was a new one released?

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:11 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:37 pm
I really wonder what shit Scientology has on him. You know they collect absolutely every piece of info he gave them or that they find just to smear him in case he ever left. Travolta is a faggot but that can't be the only thing. Maybe he touched little boys or something. I mean, it's Hollywood so that's pretty much a given.
It's either that or murder. People caring about John Travolta being a faggot makes less and less sense the older and uglier he gets.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:54 pm

Rushy wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:21 am
I can't imagine being excited for a new movie, much less more diamond dozen capeshit.
I don't even get excited when actual good things happen in my life.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:54 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:02 am
It's literally just a tight shot on Jaun Phoenix in clown makeup. I mean it could be good but I dont know how you could make on judgments on such a nothing teaser.

Or was a new one released?
I said it looks kinda cool, hardly a judgment. I like the look, Phoenix's attitude seems swell and it's eons away from whatever the fuck Jared Leto was. It did its job as a teaser.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:55 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:54 pm
Rushy wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:21 am
I can't imagine being excited for a new movie, much less more diamond dozen capeshit.
The phrase is "dime a dozen"
Kugelfisch wrote:

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:55 pm

venom movie without spiderman
joker movie without batman

hollywood is retarded in its insane milking
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine