What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Old Black Man

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Old Black Man » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:31 pm

Excellent choice sir. PE2 and it’s predecessor are a blast. There’s a lot of “post game” modes and unlockables that make it fun, including one that does my favorite thing, which is making a harder mode but instead of just making enemies do more damage or your character weaker it adds tougher variants of enemies into new places.

I’m a lazy fuck who couldn’t be assed to put all the time needed in to unlock everything so I borrowed some save data from gamefaqs, the gunblade and other special weapons are fantastic. The gunblade is a combination shotgun/sword that has a special move where if you pull R2 while slicing it fires off a shell that can explode enemies into bits. So satisfying.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:05 pm

Get Dino Crisis 2 a shot if you haven't. It's arcadey fun and still relatively cheap if you like to collect.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:23 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:05 pm
Get Dino Crisis 2 a shot if you haven't. It's arcadey fun and still relatively cheap if you like to collect.
Hell yeah, that game is a blast to play though, a good action oriented horror title with a lot of cool shit. The first game is fun and all, but 2 is just its own unique level of fun.

If we’re talking PSOne survival horror might I suggest Galerians? It’s Japanese style psychic horror where instead of guns you use psychokinetic phenomena, very Akira/Scanners like.

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:32 pm

I never got into Parasite Eve 2, the original game was great with that kinda rpg combat mode, the sequel seemed like a cheap RE wanna be instead, so i never started disc 2.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:34 pm

The stupid Plague Star event is live for one more day in Warframe. I need some blueprints still so I'm doing it. But fuck actually doing it proper.
You need to go get a toxin capsule, which is usually about 3km away from the gate into the plains.
You then need to take that to a mixer, often just as far away. That mixer needs to be protected for a few minutes while enemies drop in.
You take the mixed toxin to a drone, which will carry it. You need to protect that drone on it's way to the plague meteor.
Once there, infested will pour out of the meteor and you need to kill a bunch of them.

That shit is tedious and boring. So I'm cheesing it with Limbo.
When Limbo dodges, he enters the void. You're completely invincible in the void to enemies outside of the void. His one banishes targets into the void in a cone-shaped area in front of him, his two stops the time in the void, stopping almost all enemies, his three is garbage so forget about it, his four creates a bubble in which everything inside is in the void so nothing inside can affect stuff on the outside and vice versa.
So I get the toxin while invincible, protect the mixer by casting a bubble over it and stopping the time in the void so enemies outside can't harm it and those inside can't do anything at all. I banish the drone into the void to make it invincible and at the meteor just cast a bubble and stop time, the infested will run into the bubble, get stopped at it's border and take constant damage ticks, killing themselves.
So it's just a bunch of running around, casting abilities and waiting. It's not fun but effortless so I can watch pinball videos on the side. :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:16 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:23 pm
If we’re talking PSOne survival horror might I suggest Galerians? It’s Japanese style psychic horror where instead of guns you use psychokinetic phenomena, very Akira/Scanners like.
I played the sequel when I was a kid. I kinda liked it but also thought it was kinda shit. I need to replay it with my new adort perspective. Thought about tossing the first one in an emulator but I've been too lazy to do so.
I also watched the CGI animu movie version of the game. I liked it, I probably need to watch that again as well. I kinda like old ugly CGI.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 am

Second boss down in parasite eve 2. Pretty fun. I accidentally bought the shitty snub shotgun but it's all good because I have an M4A1 now. Just need some armor that isn't shit and I'll be set.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:11 am

Damn, just realized I fucked something up by going to the shelter right away. OH WELL. Guess I'm gonna enjoy my shitty-ass armor for a while longer. Also I'm low on 5.56 so it's time for the real survival horror to begin. The dog enemies are real assholes in narrow corridors.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:03 am

God damn you, parasite eve 2. I mentioned I fucked something up? I DID. I missed a machine gun WHICH I EARNED by beating a boss in drywell under a time limit. I didn't buy any good armor because I figured I might pick some up (I did in the first level.) I left my good items in the car trunk because I didn't think I'd be using the truck trunk for too long (trunks are like item boxes except they do not transfer items.) I took my M4A1 and pistol with a bunch of health items.

WELP. I just did the fucking zombie chaser/blizzard chaser. What a bastard he was. I fucked everything up but I did eventually beat him using the default pistol. Basically challenge ran him tbh considering how underpowered my setup was. But it's all good right? I beat the boss and now it's off to restock right?

Nope. Very next corridor I enter -> Oh hey there's a dude on the ceiling attacking me. Wait why does he have so much health? Why is he doing so much damage? Oh I'm dead.

Turns out it was a boss. They make you do 2 in a row and the first one already had 2 stages. Only ammo I have is 9mm and 100 rounds or so of 5.56. No good machine gun because I fucked myself over missing it after unlocking the right to have it lol. No grenade launcher because I left it in the car trunk lol. No shotgun because I left it in the car trunk. No backtracking allowed because fuck my life. No access to the BP shop because fuck me. I have 600 rounds of shit ammo and garbage armor. Sounds great!

It's all my fault for being dumb tbh. And also for expecting the game to be more like RE where you can pick up ammo off the ground and transfer items around. The only thing I did right was keep that default pistol on me in case I ran out of 5.56. It's not a bad gun but it's terrible for fighting bosses, as I learned using it to kill the blizzard chaser zombie.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:08 pm

Kek, you can be forgiven for expecting it to be more like RE when it looks and controls exactly like it.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.