Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:21 am

They won't do that. They've had the power lead once with the Gamecube and it didn't work out for them. Their philosophy is different thanks to that. They don't do the "sell hardware at a loss, earn it back in software" think ever again.
Dude, I'm right there with you that it would've been awesome if the Switch was a lot more powerful. But it would sell at a loss, instead of a massive profit and still sell super well. From a business standpoint, I can completely understand why they do what they do.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Auli

Post by Auli » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:26 am

True. I get them wanting to print money. Fuck it, I most likely wouldn't have bought any other game on it than exclusives anyways, so... . xD

On a side-note: I kinda like how Nintendo of America has random Walugia related tweets. They will announce it. They can't NOT have him in Smash at this point.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:25 am

Waluigi is the unsung hero of the Mario franchise.

And what I figured was that Nintendo just makes their consoles as powerful as they need it to be. If third-party blokes struggle with it, it's their problem.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:17 am

Pretty much. Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about third party shit. They've been fucking over third parties almost as long as they've been selling games tbh.

The last third-party friendly console system they had was probably the SNES. Everything after that had some bullshit that made it hell to develop for.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:08 am

Just imagine if Ninty didn't trigger Square and many other SNES juggernauts to the point that they jumped ship to Sony. That might've legit changed the face of (console) gaming.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Auli

Post by Auli » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:52 am

Sony would be dead. As a gaming company.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:27 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:08 am
Just imagine if Ninty didn't trigger Square and many other SNES juggernauts to the point that they jumped ship to Sony. That might've legit changed the face of (console) gaming.
The original Playstation was originally intended as an add-on for the SNES. If Nintendo hadn't told Sony to fuck off they wouldn't have been in a position to shoot themselves in the foot with Square as well.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:29 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:17 am
Pretty much. Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about third party shit. They've been fucking over third parties almost as long as they've been selling games tbh.
At least they don't do it like Microsoft who outright buy studios like Rare and run them into the fucking ground so hard that you'll be digging for 10k years to find them. 3rd parties didn't want to bother with the Wii's motion shit. MS bought Rare and turned them into a Kinect shovelware developer.
Sony doesn't do that shit either but when their best exclusive is Uncharted 4, a woke game that plays itself, they aren't doing much better. Plus they shit out terrible movies.
I'll take Bing Bing Wahoo over stronk nigger woman storytelling any day of the week.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:33 pm

Come to think about it... where are all the black princesses in the Mario Gaming Universe?
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:39 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:33 pm
Come to think about it... where are all the black princesses in the Mario Gaming Universe?
Miamoto doesn't even allow Toads of any colour besides the default in Paper Mario anymore. Fat chance asking him for something like that.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!