Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Fighting Games

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:26 pm

King's throws are the #1 reason people are afraid of him. At high levels, they all break the throws or duck. Or crush highs.

Part of what makes King and AK's mixup work is the fear of a throw. You get them ducking and then you hit with mids. Crouch dash while standing 4 with Armor King is only good because people see the crouch dash and they fear getting hit with Lariat, Dark Upper or Giant Swing so much that they crouch. You can spam ws4 in their faces all day long from crouch dash lmao.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:27 pm

Little Majin RDCd a guy at EVO in top 64 or so. Yeah, you very rarely see it. It's the fourth in a string of grabs, the alternative of it is the sleeper hold finisher, which has much, much less buttons and is way easier. If you RDC, you usually input it's command at least twice during the previous move to make sure it gets out. That's 2+3, 3+4, 4+2, 1+2, 1+2+3. So what you're hearing is *pap pap pap pap-pap, pap pap pap pap-pap* real aggressively, in time to prepare to push 2 to break it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:31 pm

I know king's combo throw but I only know the version Aris taught me, which is in his king tutorial video and involves just mashing the fuck out of it. It still does like 65 damage for a throw and that's good enough for me. I like King and AK's normal throws because I feel like they're less expected and still give great oki. Also I believe if you catch someone from behind or the side you get a throw that does at least 60 damage. Likewise I can't recall if his down throws (ground throws) are guaranteed off some of his moves but I feel like they are. I think AK has one setup with Lariat and some other move where a ground throw is hard to avoid.

Anyway part of why I like AK is I can do scary shit outside of just throws from crouch dash, like cd lariat, cd dark upper, cd4 and cd ws4. Ws4 isn't "scary" but it is spammable and cd4 gives knockdown IIRC on normal hit.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:54 pm

The very basic ground throws are guaranteed after stuff like wall combos. Throw strings can be teched, though.
Variety is the spice of life for King. Giant Swing is great but can become very predictable. It's always good to throw a Tijuana Twister or one of the wavedash throws in there or use something that forces crouch on hit for a low grab. But King is really good because, unlike graplers like Zangief, he can do perfectly fine without any throws.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:59 pm

Alright, I received my custom Hitbox. It's good and bad.
Firstly, the bad thing. I got it with the cheapest pcb that's only compatible with PC because I figured I don't need it for consoles. That pcb is a cunt. Left and right doesn't get me neutral, it outputs left. Up and down doesn't equal up but down. So shit's all fucked up in that regard.
It also seems to be fairly slow. Heihachi's back forward 2 1 is absurdly hard. Nearly impossible on player 1 side, still really bad on player 2 side. How bad? It works 1 time out of 30. Fucking nuts! I'll replace that board for fucking sure. I usually go with the saying of "cheap buys twice" and should've stuck to that.

Aside from that, it's pretty fucking awesome. The left right issue doesn't seem to matter too much for stuff like giant swing, since there seems to be more leniency on how quickly you have to hit the two directions. If I do it very quickly, however, practise mode shows the input correct but it doesn't come out.
Playing in general is a lot of fun, despite the pcb problems. Electrics, instant run moves, accurate diagonals and even quarter and halfcircle motions are pretty easy. Electrics still require good timing but I can hit them more often than on a stick already. Wavedashing is super easy, gookbackdashing is fairly easy but would be much easier if the fucking pcb would clean the SOCD correctly.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:04 am

Be prepared to blow a gasket.

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:49 am

10. It's Just Ass 2. Terrible game. A laughingstock tbh.
9. Mahvul Infinite. Likewise a shit game that was deservedly forgotten for being bad.
9 (again). DBFZ. Seems fine.
8. LMAO wii u smash is apparently the "best" one now.
7. Guilty Gear Xrd. Fine. Normies are going to go for this instead of central fiction or the other animu fighters because it's newer and had more marketing.
6. Skullgirls is fucking old as shit. Whatever. It's basically Mahvul Waifu Edition and the 3vs3 is kinda bullshit with happy birthday touch of death combos.
5. MK9. I played a fair bit of this trying to learn it and it's still shitty. The entertaining, fun kind of shitty but still. Unbalanced as fuck too.
4. Mahvul 3. Mahvul 3 is fucking TRASH. Get this cuckcom shilling trash out of here. I played UMvC3 today as I do every now and then and it's garbage. I ALWAYS try to play this for wesker or chris but it's ALWAYS not fun.
3. KI seems ok.
2. Tekken 7 looks good.
1. USF4 doesn't belong in number 1 BUT at least he didn't pick SFV. It's perfectly playable and he's right (y'know) about the balance being decent for the huge roster.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:13 am

0. Arcana Heart
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:13 am

An actual top ten modern fightan games for me would be something like:

-ultra sf IV
-skullgrils 1vs1 only fox final destination
-arcana heart
-kof 13
-garou, fuck you modern fightan games a shit
-tekken fag tournament 2
-blazblue central fiction
-tekken 6/7
-third strike
-darkstalkers 3 fuck you modern fightan sucks

In fact, I can't even think of ten good fighting games that came out after 2008 or so.

Edit: I just realized kof and garou are way too low but I'm not gonna change it.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:33 pm

Skullgirls is garbage. Dead garbage as well. It's got no place being on a top ten list of any time. Where's SamSho at? Where is MvC2 at? Where the absolute FUCK is Soul Calibur 2 at???
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!