Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:31 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:59 pm
Srsly, what is there to be gained from remaking a show like this in live-action? Doing a proper translation of the bending stuff would be pretty darn expensive and probably still end up looking like ass. Anyone of the original team returning for this should really know better.

Oh wait, they just want to earn SJW points by casting a whole bunch of Japanese, Chinamen and Inuit. Though I wonder if the Japanese will play along since Glorious Nippon didn't really like how the Fire Nation was Evil Imperial Nihon afaik.

Other drama I can see coming:
  • The community getting triggered because Aang isn't played by an authentic Tibetan actor (because China).
  • The community getting triggered again when it turns out that the Toph actress isn't actually blind.
  • Another round of triggering if the weird swamp redneck waterbenders do in fact turn out to be rednecks.
  • People complaining about the lack of black people in this Not-Asia. Unless Aang is black is guess...
Because Bryan Konietzko and Michael DiMartino have been gradually going full hack since they got greenlit for Legend of Korra. When they realized they could get praise for making a fanon lesbo ship canon, no matter how poorly done it was or how much of a mess the rest of the series was, it was all over.

Honestly I would be sort of impressed if they actually took the care to make race appropriate casting. Azns are barely considered POC to begin with, and Azn American actors are a very small minority, let alone some tiny subgroup like Inuit actors. Just make everyone black, right? That's what a true diversity promoting shitlib Hollywood hack would do. Or make it like the Burger King Kids Club with one of each race, and the hell with it making any sense in the context of the show. The one white chick can be Suki, since her role is tiny and she hooks up with Sokka, who can be played by a black guy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:36 pm

(Bonus points if you have SJW pseudo-historians talk about how Asia was fully of black people.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:51 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:36 pm
(Bonus points if you have SJW pseudo-historians talk about how Asia was fully of black people.)
The online journos can do their usual shitstick. "Diversity" is really just code for "as few whiteys in prominent roles as we can, except maybe the villain" so as long as they do that, their asses should be covered with the libcorp entertainment complex.

Actually, if there's one fun thing to come out of this, it's coming up with stereotypically shitty SJW casting choices. They can have the guy who played General Hux play Firelord Ozai! :lol:

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:52 pm

Oh, and give him a Trump hairdo.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:12 pm

MAKE THE FIRE NATION GREAT AGAIN!

WE WILL TEAR DOWN THE WALL OF BA SING SE, AND HAVE THE EARTH NATION PAY FOR IT!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:31 pm

Because Bryan Konietzko and Michael DiMartino have been gradually going full hack since they got greenlit for Legend of Korra. When they realized they could get praise for making a fanon lesbo ship canon, no matter how poorly done it was or how much of a mess the rest of the series was, it was all over.
They might think they're invincible. But every live action animu has always been self-indulgent, and always been terrible.

Once they get their hands on it, the Hollywood leftists will strip out as much of the weeb shit to keep the spotlight on gender garbage.
The dirty secret is that the power-brokering SJWs hate animation--anything truly creative that could distract from the message.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:58 pm

So, the third season of The Man in the High Castle just came out and I gave it a change.. Didn't like that much the earlier seasons, watchable but nothing that special. But for fvck sákes with this new one. It opens with a scene where some Nazi squad patrolling in some forest gets ambushed by pack of rebels with woman as their leader. Strrrronkkk independent woman leading a warband of men, shooting evil, evil nutzis in a frontline. Can you even get more Current Year? Is this some leftist power fantasy I'm watching? Next some soldiers come to arrest or something her eldery friends, but ofc she shoots them down easily, one army guy tries to sneak behind her and shoot her, OH NOES! WILL SHE DIES NAUW?? But then her sister arrives as a last second savior and shoots the guy with a shotgun. Had to stop watching there, I can't take this BS anymore.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:23 am

I'm watching the last(released) season of Better Call Saul now, and it's kinda starting to disappoint me a little. On the positive side, Saul Goodman has become my favourite character of the franchise and his relationship with his uptight, mentally ill brother was extremely fascinating. The characters are all great.

The negative side is Mike Ehrmantraut. Now, I fucking love Mike, and the guy playing him. But instead of teaming him up with Saul(you know, as they were introduced in the other show) and having them do cool crime and shit, Mike basically takes over half the show, which has zero relevance to the main character, and we get nothing but heavy prequel-itis from his end about how the cartel started running things exactly the way they were running them when Walter White came into the picture.

Meanwhile, Saul's only real development towards being a criminal is that his brother was a complete dick to him(which again, is very well portrayed, but the ONLY reason??) and he just can't get fulfilment out of being a goody two-shoes lawyer.

Point is, the show would be infinitely improved if Saul and Mike were paired up more than once or twice per season and if the cartel had any reason to be in the show aside from setting up the events of Breaking Bad.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:43 am

You guys hear about the incel episode of SVU? :lol:
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:10 am

Is it time to go back to redchan.it? How terribad was it? Acid Rain kinda baller shit?
FUCKING TELL ME!
acid rain.png
acid rain.png (51.73 KiB) Viewed 555 times
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!