Devil May Cry 5 - Nelo Edition

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: Devil May Cry 5 - Nelo Edition

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:03 pm

I fucking despise this new DMC's art style. It's like Crapcom learned nothing from the Donte game. They also ruined Trish and Lady, too.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:47 pm

They're probably planning to sell the klessik designs as DLC. Bonus points if the models are copy-pasted from DMC4:SE and/or MvC:I.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:31 pm

I hope that the Monster Hunter IP lands in good hands when Capcom shits the bed. It's like they are trying to be shit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:44 pm

Looksbadman
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:20 am

The gameplay so far at least looks like they redeemed the fuck up that was DmC (though obviously it's just trailers, we don't know shit yet). Once people described that in DmC certain weapons only worked on certain characters I realised that it was just like Heavenly Sword (same devs) rather than encouraging any kind of creativity and skill nor did it give anyone options to try different weapons on any enemy they wanted to see what they liked best. I liked Heavenly Sword at the time but it was really just shallow spectacle when that sort of thing was all the rage to show off the new hardware and it doesn't work for Devil May Cry. That and 30fps + Donte and it was bound to be shit.

But fuck me they went with the same uncanny valley shit with the character models they did in RE7. At least RE7 was a horror game so it kind of worked unintentionally but here it just looks weird, especially Trish and Lady who look creepy as fuck when they talk. It's not even the eyes being weird like it usually is with uncanny valley shit, it's the fucking mouths and teeth.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:48 am

No spectacle fighter has ever reached Ninja Gaiden 2 or even approached it anyway. It's all downhill since then.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:18 pm

Also Dante looks like some washed-up celebrity or something. Very weird.
Poonoo wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:20 am
The gameplay so far at least looks like they redeemed the fuck up that was DmC (though obviously it's just trailers, we don't know shit yet). Once people described that in DmC certain weapons only worked on certain characters I realised that it was just like Heavenly Sword (same devs) rather than encouraging any kind of creativity and skill nor did it give anyone options to try different weapons on any enemy they wanted to see what they liked best. I liked Heavenly Sword at the time but it was really just shallow spectacle when that sort of thing was all the rage to show off the new hardware and it doesn't work for Devil May Cry. That and 30fps + Donte and it was bound to be shit.
Color-coding enemies and weapons is some of the laziest shit you can pull in this genre. I mean, why have a monster's attacks, tactics and gimmicks determine the best tool for the job if you can just go "HIT ME WITH YOUR RED WEAPONS FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE"?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:07 pm

https://nichegamer.com/2018/10/22/ultra ... osts-8000/

If you pay $8000 you get Dante's jacket that you can wear at anime conventions to impress fellow weebs.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:20 pm

Oh yeah, I always wanted that vest from that V bloke who I've never seen in any other game before. Yay~

And a quick Google search shows me you can get decent looking DMC3 cosplays for around 170 bucks.
-Yours Truly

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:28 pm

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]