Liberalism Destroys Art

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Liberalism Destroys Art

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:56 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:18 am
Either art stands on its own or everyone in the world who creates anything is about to get fucked for not being morally pure enough according to some shitlib faggot from socal.
That's the rub, isn't it? Most of these assholes that do this progressive morality critique schtick don't create a single original thing (Lindsay Ellis, Bob Chipman during his more lucid moments) and the ones that do (Joss Whedon, half the people in the comic industry) can't live up to the standards of behavior they enforce on others. It's an inherently parasitic outlook.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:28 pm

I took up drawing not long ago and what was surprising was the number of books both old and new warning people not to go to art school because it's all post-modern bullshit that won't teach you proper art. Basically it all boiled down to: ignore SJW faggots and draw real live naked chicks if you want to be a real artist.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:43 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:28 pm
Basically it all boiled down to: ignore SJW faggots and draw 2D naked waifus if you want to be a real artist.
FTFY.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:10 am

Animu and mango is known for it's intricate art style and accurate anatomy.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:12 am

If I could get a naked woman around me I wouldn't be interested in cartoons in the first place.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:10 am
Animu and mango is known for it's intricate art style and accurate anatomy.
That's not even wrong.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:01 pm

Real women could achieve the animu proportions. They just don't try hard enough!
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:52 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:12 am
If I could get a naked woman around me I wouldn't be interested in cartoons in the first place.
But why go through all that work if both naked women and cartoons are there for you to oogle at with the press of a button?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:44 pm

Sex dolls are getting more advanced all the time. Soon we'll have proper 2.5D waifus
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:15 pm

One of my pet peeves these days is the insistence from SJW douches that "Everything is political". I have yet to read that statement from anyone who isn't a giant fucking, condescending bore.

Every joke, every movie, every song. Even food is political if the guy who makes your sandwich questions gay marriage.

I would never deny that there's subtext to everything that explains our reaction to it. I would never deny that you can take apart pretty much any story, movie or song and analyze how it's reflective of the time and place of its creation. I enjoy analysis like that.

But what your regular SJW means by "Everything is political" is "Everything is an excuse for me stand on my soapbox" or "Everything is a reason for me to bring out my personal baggage and dump it in your lap". It also means "Everything is a potential threat to my more-fragile-than-I-let-on sensibilities."

That's how you get "think-pieces" about how there are too many white people in "La La Land". Or that New York Times review about how Wakanda in "The Black Panther" is evidence that Africa is not a "shithole" (meanwhile, the review in question provides serious evidence that the writer has trouble telling fiction from reality). That's how you get the "video essay". That's how you get Linsday Ellis.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:22 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:15 pm
(meanwhile, the review in question provides serious evidence that the writer has trouble telling fiction from reality).
I think anybody who is "serious" about movies is like that on some level. Unable to separate the propaganda from reality, or unable to see a film as anything other than a multi million dollar product/money laundering scheme thats throwing everything at the wall in order to keep your lizard brain pacified.