Boxing/MMA

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Boxing/MMA

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:15 pm

He came out of that with extra money but his boxing career is over. You said it, why risk a perfect 50-0? That's his professional boxing record. MMA doesn't influence that. Michael Jordan was shit at baseball and does anybody care to remember that? Michael Schumacher was a shit motorcycle racer and nobody cares about that either.

I reckon what he wants is a nice and comfy check while he still can get one. He goes to the MMA guys, points at the massive load of dosh his boxing match made and asks them if they want a piece of that. They hype it up, sell loads of PPV tickets and cash out big. What's he got to lose when his athletic career is over anyway? His boxing record will remain flawless and if he loses that MMA bout he'll just make a final leave from all fighting sports - until he comes back in ten years to get another fat check for a one time only boxing match.

Would you care about that boxing record so much? His choice is being barely rich and having a perfect record and having fuckoff money with one loss in an entirely different sport.
And boxers are used to getting punched in the head. Every one of them ate shit before their professional career and in sparring.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:18 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:15 pm
Michael Jordan was shit at baseball and does anybody care to remember that?
They said 'What the fuck, Mike? Go back to basketball'. Then the Looney Tunes managed to convince him that basketball was his true calling.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:15 pm
I reckon what he wants is a nice and comfy check while he still can get one. He goes to the MMA guys, points at the massive load of dosh his boxing match made and asks them if they want a piece of that. They hype it up, sell loads of PPV tickets and cash out big.
That's just it though. The MMA guys don't have that much money. He made $300 million off the clown fight. The biggest payday for an MMA fight was something like $5 million altogether. Even with a big draw like Mayweather, he'll never get the kind of money he was getting in boxing. Boxing's got a long history and an big infrastructure behind it. UFC is relatively new and nowhere near as big.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:44 pm

It's still going to be profitable for him. Most of the money from the boxing fight went straight to billth. A good deal of the money came from MMA viewers wanting to see how that boxer does against that MMA guy in a boxing ring, I bet there will be a lot of eyes on that very same boxer with the perfect record going into the octagon to get his ass handed to him. What do MMA faggots love more than getting "proven right" about MMA being the ultimate fighting sport where even a world-class boxer wouldn't cut it?
It's going to have record views and this time Mayweather will actually get to keep all the money made.

Dude, it's simple. Whenever the question is "Why the fuck would he do that?" the answer is always money. Boxing managers do nothing but keep their golden goose away from fights they may lose, mostly with ridiculous sums of money to make sure that if their golden boy gets slaughtered, it was at least worth it. Don't expect anything else here. He's either going to fight some pushover, the fight will be rigged or it's going to be so fucking worth it that neither have to care about the outcome.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:12 am

It seems there is at least some sort of negotiation going on and some kind or MMA-ish fight might happen.

Personally I wanna watch a kick-boxing fight (with open finger gloves) with McNugget or MMA fight with CM Punk with GLORIOUS OLD PANCRASE RULES but actual is fight gonna be much more lame (and still makes decent money). After all, Mayweather isn't as delusional as Ali (Ali thought he could legit beat Inoki in a mixed rule match).

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:41 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:13 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:22 pm
The dude's used to getting punched in the face.
Is he really? I thought his thing was to avoid getting punched in the face.
We'll probably agree to disagree but I think Mayweather's got a lot to lose here. He's got a reputation and a perfect 50-0 record. He'd be a fool to jeopardise that by getting the shit kicked out of him, literally, in an MMA fight. And for what? There's not that much money in MMA, compared to boxing at least.
If he really needs cash after that $300 million payday vs McGregor, then he's got problems. Problems that aren't going to be solved in a ring
Him retiring at 49-0 was supposedly because he loved the sport so much and wanted to respect Rocky Marciano's record. After the shit-fest that was McShamrockShake, though, I'm having second thoughts.

And he's definitely going to lose. He's a boxer that can't punch anymore. Even if he trains his ass off with the best MMA guys, what's he going to do, thigh kick the entire fight?

Post by Guest » Sat May 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Canelo Alvarez is a doper. Six month ban.

Lolololol.

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:18 am

Probably THE toughest opponent ever for McNoodles especially considering the stylistic matchup. He'll be treated like an anime/game character if he actually wins. He'll be TKOed or go unconscious on the ground though.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:35 pm

Actual baby bear wrestling? Cute!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:43 pm

No idea who the other guy is but McShamrock Shake can't box for shit so the guy just has to flail for 30 seconds and he'll have a knock out.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:44 am

Canelo beat GGG via juicing and bribing judges. Mayweather/Pacquiao 2 is apparently happening in December, which seems like short notice but whatever.