Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:30 am

I've seen bits of Preacher on other people's televisions. It was gay.

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:17 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:15 am
That one I actually did read up until further in than I liked. I can't say up to what point but certainly after he left the island. Some rape zombie fucking a dolphin in the air hole may have been the edgiest and dumbest thing at the same time I've ever seen. Tryhard doesn't even begin to describe it.
Ugh, that horseshit. I used to know this guy who only read edgy comics like that, dude was a massive retard and a compulsive liar to boot. Somehow reading that brand of trash made him super intellectual, he also thought Boondocks Saints was one of the best movies ever made...

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:59 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:17 am
Ugh, that horseshit. I used to know this guy who only read edgy comics like that, dude was a massive retard and a compulsive liar to boot. Somehow reading that brand of trash made him super intellectual, he also thought Boondocks Saints was one of the best movies ever made...
I've only read as far as I did because I wanted to see if it'll ever go somewhere with that one girl he fancied that got turned into a zombie. He spotted her on a boat, showing incredible levels of awareness by being able to operate a boat in the first place. That was soured by her literally masturbating with a bone.
Long story short, he escapes the island, doesn't find her yet, the story goes on like an edgy version of The Walking Dead. I tapped out.
The first two or three episodes are the best. Zombies that don't really eat but rather rape people to death is a scary concept and seems plausible enough. Once you're over that it becomes very one note and, like with the dolphin, just plain silly.

The Boondocks Saints is a cult classic. I love it but it's closer to The Room than The Godfather.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:02 am

Sounds like this went one for wy too many issues. Edgy post-apocalyptic stuff can only go on for so long.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:15 am
That one I actually did read up until further in than I liked. I can't say up to what point but certainly after he left the island. Some rape zombie fucking a dolphin in the air hole may have been the edgiest and dumbest thing at the same time I've ever seen. Tryhard doesn't even begin to describe it.
Sounds like someone was really into H-manga.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:13 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:24 am
Some may argue against this, but I’m gonna lump Preacher into this thread and ask if anyone actually likes it? I find Garth Ennis to be an insufferable edge lord who’s fan base is composed of Joshua Moons and very little else.
I like his Punisher. Ennis is an edgelord but he's one that can actually write. Mark Millar on the other hand is just an edgelord
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:34 am

Preacher seems like a good show that stays true to the comic, however I did not read it.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:02 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:13 am
Old Black Man wrote:
Some may argue against this, but I’m gonna lump Preacher into this thread and ask if anyone actually likes it? I find Garth Ennis to be an insufferable edge lord who’s fan base is composed of Joshua Moons and very little else.
I like his Punisher. Ennis is an edgelord but he's one that can actually write. Mark Millar on the other hand is just an edgelord
True, I suppose a broken hack fraud can be right twice a day. I know capeshit can be contrived, but that overtly edgy deconstruction shit like The Boys is far more insufferable to me.

Don’t even get me started on that bearded faggot Alan Moore. Muh munnies!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:04 am

How dare you insult the wizard
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:06 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:13 am
Old Black Man wrote:
I have only read his Punisher and Preacher and I like both, but Ennis isn't really known for writing anything else that was considered good. Preacher didn't come across as edgy shit at all and is actually pretty well written (I have no idea about the TV Series, haven't watched it but saw the trailer and it looked too serious for Preacher) to the point where I have no idea why Garth Ennis has written so much crap other than him needing an editor to reel him in from being an edgelord to filter out the shit.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:03 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:10 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:25 am
I've never read it but I'm willing to believe you. I've never heard anyone that isn't a total faggot talk positively about it besides tictac and he's still at least somewhat a libshit.
Trying reading Cross, that’s one hundred plus issues of “Edgy virus humans rape and kill, people try and survive, are just as bad, and then they die.” And it’s repeated ad nauseum. I love a good splatter flick or good gory film/game (within reason), but it’s literally just a bunch of hack frauds pouring in the edgiest shit they can think of into a lame comic, and at the end of the day it’s kahntent pales to a lot of other stuff out there so they fail in even that aspect.
Cross is fucking terrible. The Boys isn't very good either. Ennis definitely likes being a fucking edgelord. Punisher MAX is his best work because being edgy suits the character. It's also just plain better-written, as Poonoo said.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome