Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:11 am

Light DP? You're sure those weren't mediums?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:25 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:11 am
Light DP? You're sure those weren't mediums?
Could be. But either way, seems like the online environment really buffs the shit out of dragon punch as long as it's not the hugest one. I fought mostly shotos tbh.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:33 am

That's because the only people playing 4 are the people that have been playing for years, that's just older fighting games though.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:53 am

Yeah, I felt bad after getting bodied so much, but you kind of expect it with older games. I realized after a while that not having any wakeup options at all with Vega wasn't such a great idea considering how good the people I was playing against were.

I suppose tekken 7 actually has some scrubs and new players still? Or will I get on at 1st Dan and get paired with Overlords?
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:48 am

Nah, loads of really shitty players @ T7. Not only because you've still got beginners pouring in but also because plenty of people don't know basic Tekken to begin with. The blue ranks are littered with people that know a combo or two from YT but can't tell a mid from a special mid apart.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:58 am

With Tekken online just go low against scrubs and you are guaranteed to win. The newfags don't even try to duck down at all when they block.

But yeah, Tekken online isn't full of god tier tourneyfags or anything, you'll get people who will body you and some won't, the matchmaking in ranked isn't that bad. It's only annoying initially being juggled a lot, but it pissed me off at first knowing I got just as many pokes as the other guy but he knows long fucking juggle shit so I lose half my health.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:22 am

The last Tekken I played was 4, but I used to play eddy when I was a teenager and thought I was good. :lol:
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:03 am

Poonoo wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:58 am
With Tekken online just got low against scrubs and you are guaranteed to win. The newfags don't even try to duck down at all when they block.

But yeah, Tekken online isn't full of god tier tourneyfags or anything, you'll get people who will body you and some won't, the matchmaking in ranked isn't that bad. It's only annoying initially being juggled a lot, but it pissed me off at first knowing I got just as many pokes as the other guy but he knows long fucking juggle shit so I lose half my health.
That's my failing with Tekken too. I don't like looking up combos and I try to find my own, so I end up getting super basic combos off of shit where it's like 40-50 damage into oki. :lol:

The only character I know what could be called "set play" for is Armor King, and that's mostly based around getting oki and doing into his backflip mixup shit. I guess you could call crouch dash mixup between lariat, dark upper and ws4 part of his set play but that's still neutral game and not combo fiend territory.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:22 pm

King has some nice and easy juggles where lots of stuff can be switched around for wall carry or max damage. The most basic b&b is from any launch df,3,4 into df,1,2 into running grab. That's the low kicks, two punches into powerbomb you'll see many people doing.
The most hilarious King shit is when you get a guy that can't break throws. Welcome to Wrestlemania! :lol:
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:00 pm

I never see any death cradles in tournaments. I suppose its because people know how to break out.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]