Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:54 am

I cant fap to Raven if shes 3d. Bad move.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:12 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:54 am
Doesn't help when she's played by some beat bitch either.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:39 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:54 am
Animu Teen Titans had some quality waifus.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:40 pm

Auli wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:40 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:23 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:20 pm
Woke Blackfire counts for two.

Promoted Cyborg in the comics is from some reboot where the original Titans were either disbanded, or never existed in the first place (New 52 was a bit muddy with regards to old continuity). Probably couldn't use Cyborg directly because of the movies, so they just replaced him with nothing.
In the judas contract animated movie Cyborg was replaced by the third Blue Bettle Jaime Reyes so at least they tried a bit more
I DuckDuckGo'd it and found this image:

Why not make something like this live-action? Don't they want money anymore?

Oh yeah... it's DC. Move along!

Edit: Hmm... I actually think I've seen this. Was pretty good.
And also because budgets are a thing in live action. Making your dumb cartoon true to the dumb funnybooks is easier and cheaper than making your gay tv show true to the funnybooks.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:53 pm

Two solutions:

1. Make it a movie. That's where the real capeshit money is made, and their trainwreck of a cinematic universe needs all the help it can get. Sure they already have a lot of live-action shows, but you don't really hear a lot about them, do you?

2. Follow up the animu movie with an animu series. Their animated stuff already has a better reputation than the real stuff, so focus on that. Also get dat weeb money.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:43 pm

Oh sure, if live action Teen Titans needed to be a thing, a movie was a safer bet than a show. The CW capeshit shows are unwatchable and Marvel's little better.

But they went with a show and suffered all the consequences of that asinine decision. That includes shitty production values.

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:24 am

Some may argue against this, but I’m gonna lump Preacher into this thread and ask if anyone actually likes it? I find Garth Ennis to be an insufferable edge lord who’s fan base is composed of Joshua Moons and very little else.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:25 am

I've never read it but I'm willing to believe you. I've never heard anyone that isn't a total faggot talk positively about it besides tictac and he's still at least somewhat a libshit.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:10 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:25 am
I've never read it but I'm willing to believe you. I've never heard anyone that isn't a total faggot talk positively about it besides tictac and he's still at least somewhat a libshit.
Trying reading Cross, that’s one hundred plus issues of “Edgy virus humans rape and kill, people try and survive, are just as bad, and then they die.” And it’s repeated ad nauseum. I love a good splatter flick or good gory film/game (within reason), but it’s literally just a bunch of hack frauds pouring in the edgiest shit they can think of into a lame comic, and at the end of the day it’s content pales to a lot of other stuff out there so they fail in even that aspect.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:15 am

That one I actually did read up until further in than I liked. I can't say up to what point but certainly after he left the island. Some rape zombie fucking a dolphin in the air hole may have been the edgiest and dumbest thing at the same time I've ever seen. Tryhard doesn't even begin to describe it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!