Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:06 pm

The triple D is absolutely the way to go. He's pretty terrible, actually, but boasts the most style easily. Simply ducking is the best taunt in the game.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:20 pm
Anime - the most fiendish poison of the Shinobi.
That explains why Naruto is the most potent of those poisons.

I've ordered myself a "Hitbox". I put that in quotes because I didn't order my box from Hitbox but have one made by Arcadeforge. Hitbox is constantly sold out, more expensive (especially with import tax), the product isn't as nice and seeing how shit went down with the Smashbox I don't feel like supporting them.
I went from using a nip stick to putting a gook stick into it and while quite a few things in Tekken specifically are much easier, other's aren't. Especially diagonals are a bitch. I've wanted to try out a box for quite a while now and decided to give it a go.
I've previously played a bit on keyboard and liked it but my current keyboard drops inputs thanks to no true n-key rollover. The keys are too close together for me for comfortable playing anyway. Since I suck anyway I don't mind relearning.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:03 pm

I can definitely see the style. His dodge just looks wicked cool (a smooth turnaround slide instead of the usual roll), and he has almost all of my favorite Kirby hammer moves (sans the spinning jump one). Any specials not involving the hammer (aka 3 out of 4) aren't exactly setting my world on fire, but I've found a variation of the hammer one with super armor, so I'm happy.

Also: Who is the most shameless clone Character in Smash, and why is it Dark Pit? I mean ffs, at least those yokels from Star Furry actually look different. Dude is just a palette swap of Regular Pit with a slightly tweaked moveset you could've easily folded into the whole moveset customization. Jeebus.

I'm also disappoint that Shulk has a higher-quality model compared to the 3DS port of Xenoblade Chronicles. His face is so goofy in that one.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:45 pm

The King's down B is garbage. Getting a stock with that is basically t-bagging somebody. Side B is where it's at. You can vary the Gordo by sliding the stick up or down and you can "smash" (think Samus rokets) input them as well to get faster versions. They also stick to walls and ledges.
Basic stuff is downthrow into neutral, up or forward air. Jab combo can be looped somewhat or cancelled into downsmash. Backair is your number one kill move, plus trap setups with Gordos to bait them into a smash attack. Fastfall neutral air is also good.

DDD wasn't ever really good, got a slight nerf and then wasn't touchd again while most of the cast got buffed. He's pretty terrible but also fairly hard to kill (especially for Sheik). Once you get into the high percents you stop being combo fodder and can benefit nicely from rage.

For an actually good alround character, I'd suggest Mario. All his moves are good, his stats are good, he's got well above average combos and his upsmash is insane.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:06 am

I've been meaning to play more USF4. I'd like to pick up Vega and play him at a somewhat ok level someday. But I do struggle with the charge inputs. Even so, I don't find the SFV version very appealing, based on what I've seen. Nerfing the range of everyones' normals was a shit idea. I also think it's stupid he's a stance character now like fucking Gen.

Tekken 7 is currently $20 on PC, but I don't know if my potato computer can run it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:34 am

Don't worry about his stances in SFV. He's mega garbage anyway so it doesn't matter. He's really great for fans of Divekick, though. Two buttons to combo from, the rest is shitty pokes that have less range than they should've. :lol:

I can't advise you on your rig. 20 bucks is worth it if you can run it, though.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:23 am

Might even work out if your slightly under the minimum requirements. Won't look too pretty, though. Also avoid that snowy arena, those weather effects will kill your framerate.

And SF5 Vega not only ceased to be a charge character, but turned into Gen? He's pretty much a completely new character at this point, wearing the skin of an old one.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:45 pm

He's not even remotely close to Gen. SFIV Gen is actually good. He can just take his claw off, which allows him to do one command grab and that's pretty much it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:44 pm

Capcom really are a bunch of shitheads. They completely removed a style of play that accounted for around half of the original SF2 cast's game plan. Just because normies can't deal with the pokes. Hey let's just nerf the range on a character who has always been mid-tier and used long-range pokes.

And then the fuckers break Ryu and Vega AND THEN bring out Sagat and Blanka. Who seem to work fine. Well why the fuck did you break Ryu and Vega so badly then, you cucks?

None of the poke characters in USF4 were the toppest of tiers. Cuckcom killed a play style for no reason tbh. I went to search SFV poke characters and the consensus is that there aren't any. It's not supported.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:54 pm

SFV isn't a Street Fighter. You should stop judging it by those standards.
Phillipinochamp, a total faggot and Capcuck shill to the max, actually put it best: SFV is a shitty MvC with no range or combos.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:56 am

Either I'm the only scrub playing online USF4 or I just suck ass or both lmao. Got bodied for an entire session. I won't go full DSP, but there are also some tactics online that seem especially strong, like shotos doing light dragon punch or spamming fireball. I've noticed pretty much every character I run into online has an invincible DP and most of them have fireballs. So my scrub Vega got bodied and Hugo is just painful to play against shotos sometimes.

I need to find someplace to go fight scrubs like myself, because some of these dudes I'm pretty sure were ranked top 100. :lol:
RAPEMAN wrote: