Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:04 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:07 am
The "this will be great for Switch" meme isn't dying anytime soon with Nintendo announcing a stupid amount of switch ports at nintendo direct including FF7-12 (not 11 though)
Wasn't FFXI an MMO? I don't think a port would be feasible.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:07 pm

I got the e-mail earlier today. Scrolled through it. Nothing of interest to me.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:27 pm

All this port madness should clue people in that consoles are dead. But I guess they still have too much money.

Also, anyone tried out this Samus Returns game on the 3DS? I totally lost track of the franchise when Nintendo shut down that unofficial Metroid 2 remake.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Auli

Post by Auli » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:52 pm

Nintendo should actually make a console that can compete with OneXBoxONEX and PS4.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:10 pm

They should of waited for the tegra 2 chip on there systems, instead it's ipad levels of power inside there system that can only play games 10 years old.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:55 pm

10 year old games at 20 FPS, no less.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:58 pm

I don't know if there's any tablets or shit out there using Tegra X2. Nvidia seems to only be interested in using it for self driving cars.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:45 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:27 pm
All this port madness should clue people in that consoles are dead. But I guess they still have too much money.
The only thing keeping them are alive are Japanese devs who aren't used to developing for PCs, and even they are starting to catch on. I am actively waiting for Fighting EX Layer to get a PC port even though I have a PS4 because I fucking refuse to pay for online, which every console is doing now. I grew up playing consoles and barely played games on the PC outside of UT 2004, Counter Strike and the original Halo (got to play Halo online a year before Xbox owners and without paying extra, PC Master Race indeed) back in the day but now I game almost exclusively on the PC now and I haven't looked back. You only pay a little more initially for the machine but in the long run you save money, have way more games and you don't have to get cucked by paying for an online service.

If Microsoft didn't hold Halo 2's online multiplayer hostage this shit would have never taken off. At one point fucking SOCOM had more online players than Xbox Live subscribers before Halo 2 came out, and all those dickheads who are years said Xbox Live was some totally great service that was worth it, fuck off. For years I ASSUMED MS was running dedicated servers to make the games run better online put nope, they were paying because they were dumb enough to do it.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:58 am

You guys tried the demo for Megaman 11? I just wabted to know how you compare it to MN9

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:29 am

Consoles have lost their touch by having become too generic. It's pretty much a necessity due to high developing budgets (although I reckon those could actually be lower today if they wouldn't bloat them with marketing costs) and of course big publishers concentrating the market to most studios being owned by one of five companies. They are scared to leave owners of any one console behind so they homogenise games to port them to everything.

The Switch actually shows that consoles can still work when you're doing your own thing. It's basically just a tablet with no complicated or advanced technology but they aren't trying to compete with PC either and actually have some selling points over a PC for casuals.
Why get a PS4 or Xbawks, though? They don't have any appealing exclusives anymore, share them with PC (lol Destiny, even if it was great you wouldn't get an Xbox for it) and even good exclusives hardly matter anymore. I'm not going to buy a Playstation just for Bloodbourne. Every year so many big-selling triple A games come out, what's one exclusive you'll miss out on?
Then there's stuff like Warframe. Why would I ever want to play the shitgrind that is Destiny 2 when I can play a much better grindy game with more events, better gameplay and better monetisation?

I think it's a possibility that MS drops out of the console market eventually. If not by the coming then by the next generation. They don't have people with ideas to save that branch. They should rather focus on unfucking the idiocy that is Win10 and their pathetic market place for that OS. People aren't falling for that shit. They have a better chance engaging the computer market they are dominant in to fuck Sony than fighting them in the console market where Sony is much stronger than them.
Sony won't drop out of it because it's their saving grace. I'm not sure if they will try and ape Nintendo. They've had bad experiences with that (PS move) and got utterly crushed at handhelds because they decided to go die in beauty with the Vita. Either way, something's got to give.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:27 pm
Also, anyone tried out this Samus Returns game on the 3DS? I totally lost track of the franchise when Nintendo shut down that unofficial Metroid 2 remake.
Get that unofficial remake instead. AM2R (Another Metroid 2 Remake) is what it's called and it's really good. It was shut down but is complete and easy to find.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!