What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
AngrySpoonySnob

Re: What are you playing?

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:05 pm

Getting my weeb on with Dragon Quest XI, its very slow in the start and Akira Toriyama lacks creativity, all chrono trigger, DBZ and dragon quest characters look very alike. Sure you can call it a certain style but these are almost identical copies.

Besides that the game is pretty decent since it includes a hard mode from the start so it doesnt have the usual problem jrpgs have with being too easy. And Ill always love turn based combat and more importantly no random encounters.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:07 pm

Yakuza 0, i haven't had that much fun in a long while and i'm trying as much to get close to 100% as i can with close to 20 hours at the beginning of chapter 3. I'll admit Yakuza games are often overrated but i seem them just as fun
Oh and i will restrict my posting now, i'm returning from time to time because i sometimes miss you all, if i have nothing of value to post i won't post so i don't end up as bad as before
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:10 pm

Charlar wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:07 pm
i have nothing of value to post
Ah i guess you're never posting again.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:41 am

Keep crying over at kiwi bitch nigga
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:14 am

mad bum wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:41 am
Keep crying over at kiwi bitch nigga
I moved on from that dumb phase and i gave my word to avoid mentioning DHI elsewhere which i kept so i don't see why you think i would be salty. Anyway this is getting off topic anyway
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:29 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:19 pm
Whenever indie faggots make a game that's not an ACTUAL roguelike but call it one, it's guaranteed to be mega trash. Prove me wrong.
Which is why I'm enjoying Road Redemption, it actually uses the phrase "rogue-lite" to describe itself in-game which I don't like I have ever seen before. Unlike other rogue-lites which feel downright impossible until you die 1000 times to get upgrades in Road Redemption it actually feels way more fair since there is some actually some skill involved in timing your counters of other people hitting you and dealing with different enemy types later on. I've occasionally gone on these zen-like runs where I'm on a role and go extremely far, plus you can eventually unlock the ability to start at later levels. It's a good game to play with some background noise on and smacking other racers in the head never gets old.

One problem is guns feel a bit cheap like a cheat code, especially the handgun which for some reason kills most enemies in one hit. It's like the fucking handgun from the earlier Uncharted games where it's better than more powerful weapons theoretically like shotguns (same damage, better range).

The physics can get a bit weird at times, it's arcadey which makes sense for the game but if you hit something or go too fast on a corner you drift away way faster than you should be, it's like you are going to move off the damn map.

But despite those little caveats I'm enjoying it, needing to kill other racers/random non-racers attacking you to get boost makes it more of a mix of Burnout and Road Rash rather than a true spiritual successor to Road Rash like everyone claims. I loved the Burnout series and I only tried Road Rash recently on emulators so for me it's not an issue but don't expect it to be like Road Rash since Road Rash focused more on racing with violently attacking your opponents also being in it while Road Redemption requires you to fuck up everyone around you to win races and has other race types where the goal it to kill a certain amount of targets.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:45 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Whenever indie faggots make a game it's guaranteed to be mega trash.
FTFY

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:17 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:45 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Whenever indie faggots make a game it's guaranteed to be mega trash.
FTFY
You're not even wrong, as a general rule.

I beat necropolis btw despite it being a buggy pile of shit. The last boss is just a giant version of a normal enemy. It was very easy. Then you go through a door and see credits with zero conclusion to what could laughably be called the "story."

Amazing indie game, 10/10
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:43 pm

I've been playing some dank souls 3 because why not I guess. It's still my least-favorite of these games. Beat Yhorm and now I'm on the Pontiff. BTW dsp raging the fuck out over this pontiff guy is hilarious. I fought him once so far and he killed me once so far, but I got him down to his last 10% or so of health, first try. I doubt he'll be too hard. I don't know how the pig manages to play these souls games so much without learning anything about dodge timings.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:31 pm

Sony systems sucks. Both my PS2 and PS3 are useless because the disc drives stopped working. I remember my old PS1s having the same problem. Has to be deliberate.