MonHun

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: MonHun

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:41 pm

Of course it was the same. World is the first game to do that. Let me tell you youngsters how we crafted bombs in the good old days. You didn't just pick up a bug and there you go. You had to go collect stones and ivy as well and craft a bomb shell out of those two. The stones you'd get at the same spot you'd get your whetstones, which you also had to collect.

But jokes aside, I do think that the changes overall are for the better. I'd rather have the difficulty come from the actual fights instead of tedious stuff that one just got used to. G-Rank should give anyone a run for their money and with the open areas and better engine a lot of new things may be possible.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:48 pm

What I forgot to mention is that I think the absolute top end weapons right now are overpowered for untempered HR monsters that aren't dragon elders. The final GL in the Nergi tree does dragon element and absolutely ruins a Rath's day it's not even funny.
Combine that with monster infighting and you're just done too quickly. On the other hand, I found the arena challenges to actually be challenging. At least the two I played.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:01 pm

Aren't those arenas always scaled for 2+ players? That'd definitely make them harder to take down.
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:13 pm
We've never NOT gotten G-Rank. We will get it.
(Unless you are the ad owner of a New 3DS that won't get the baka gaijin version of XX...)
I mean, sheeeeit nigga. A lot of this is stuff you had to carefully craft at your own expense in freedom unite. I assume it was the same in 3U and 4U.
I think the only real direct quality-of-life thing added in previous generations was MHGen's ability to keep gathering for as long as you hold the button. And that extra inventory page just for gathered stuff, which I think debuted in 3?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:13 pm

But it's coming to the Switch, which it's absolutely perfect for.

I think that came with 4. Wasn't holding down the button also in 4? 3 brought us quicker gathering if you crouch beforehand to skip part of the animation.
Anyway, as somebody who always goes for capturing, I'm very happy about a lot of changes. Ivy and stones were always a bitch to get enough of. Every single bomb a stone and ivy being shared by bombs and nets for pitfall traps always left me in a constant need for loads of both.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:45 pm

Nope. Auto-gatherin is a MHGen thing. Even sped up gathering so much that they ditched the Speed Gathering skill. Even 4U was still in those Dark Ages where you had to crouch and press the button for each carve like a savage.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:55 pm

In hindsight, I didn't like 4U too much anyway. The areas and monster were fine but GL was fucking garbage, IG extremely overpowered and they introduced vertical gameplay but removed underwater combat because scrubs wouldn't stop complaining about it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:48 pm
What I forgot to mention is that I think the absolute top end weapons right now are overpowered for untempered HR monsters that aren't dragon elders. The final GL in the Nergi tree does dragon element and absolutely ruins a Rath's day it's not even funny.
Combine that with monster infighting and you're just done too quickly. On the other hand, I found the arena challenges to actually be challenging. At least the two I played.
Not even the top end weapons.
Ive been curbstomping tempered monsters without even having the final upgrade on most weapons.
Im close to the final upgrade but when choosing a quest my thoughprocess is "why hunt some more materials to upgrade my weapon further when I can easily do a tempered quest instead"
Perhaps Ill need the final upgrades for tempered elder dragons until then I probably wont bother.

Also the arena quests are more challenging indeed but it sucks you cant use your own gear there imo
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:22 pm

I always avoided arena challenges because of not being able to use my own gear.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:24 pm

I'm just baffled as to why the monsters in the arena are always in rage mode.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:42 pm

New monster got added, was hoping this one would be harder.
Its easier than most lolllll still without a final upgraded weapon and captured it twice the first 2 times i fought it.

so everytime I see devlijho instead of being afraid I go:

Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine