What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:55 am

I actually finished a dungeon in shiren the wanderer. It was an easy one but still.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:05 am

Two point hospital is pretty amazing and basically an updated version of theme hospital. Give it a pirate if you like those games.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:31 am

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/18 ... s/74381320

Woah, this necropolis thread from when the game first released is still fucking relevant. The game is abandoneware btw, don't buy it. It's shit. I got it on a sale so I don't remember how much or little I paid. Too much though. The game is shit. It's weirdly compelling and nice to look at, so I might play it a bit more, but it's still bad. Extreme hitching and frame rate drops into the single digits which indeed will get you killed, and permadeath means you'll die a lot to legitimate bullshit "nothing I could do dood" moments. You'll dodge and the framerate will hit 2fps while the camera swerves and you'll be unable to tell what's happening. I've input moves and had the game take them back or seem not to register them (and I mean that a slash comes out but it does nothing and seems to disappear before the animation completes) and the game will hitch or hit sub-10 fps on the weirdest things. Even 2 enemies on screen can cause this. For how little "stuff" is in the game, it runs extremely poorly. I wonder if the lighting engine and the loot drops not disappearing combine to make the game run like trash.

The only thing you can really do in the game is explore and fight enemies to grab loot. The loot is all extremely samey and the descriptions never tell you what a weapon does, what its stats are vs another weapon or why to use it. You have 2 weapon slots, two offhand slots and an armor slot, but I've yet to find ANY armor and I've been down to like level 5 or 6. You can buy persistent perks to equip but again, the game will only tell you what they do in a very vague and bullshitty way. "Get less hungry" is obvious but a lot of them are extremely opaque.

But none of that matters anyway because you almost never find any good equipment except from guaranteed drops on bullshitty enemies. Your moveset is surprisingly slow for most weapons despite how few hits you can take and how many enemies can tank. More than a few enemies have stunlock combos that can instant kill you. It follows that shit-tier soulslike formula of "dodge a bunch, then get 1 hit and dodge a bunch more." Enemies typically don't react to most sword swings at all and will just attack you through your own attacks. Enemies typically don't block or dodge, but just spam attacks at you.

I guess I'm turning into DSP but seriously, "fuck this game, this is boolshet dood! What were they thinking?"
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:26 pm

Never trust the indie gaym Jew. Read the negative reviews and when in doubt skip it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:51 pm

mad bum wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:05 am
Two point hospital is pretty amazing and basically an updated version of theme hospital. Give it a pirate if you like those games.
Man, even the screenshots look like 3D Theme Hospital. Neato.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:25 pm

Made it to level 7 of necropolis, almost the end of the game. Got one-shotted by a giant skellymonster, ok. I see the result screen and I unlocked a ton of things. I click to accept and the game FREEZES. "an unexpected error has occured"

THANKS, INDIE DEVS

THANKS FOR ABANDONING YOUR GAME IN A LITERALLY BROKEN STATE
RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:35 pm

software was a mistake

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:56 pm

Reminds me of that time I tried Dungeons of Dredmor and discovered that the tutorial was busted and impossible to complete. Indie games really make you feel the love and care that went into making these dream projects.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:19 pm

Serves you right. Here's a pro tip: Whenever indie faggots make a game that's not an ACTUAL roguelike but call it one, it's guaranteed to be mega trash. Prove me wrong.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:40 pm

I was a bit younger back then. Even if it didn't suck the humor would've probably put me off. There's like an entire class whose abilities are Indiana Jones quotes, and the player character is some ginger with a permanent Dreamworks smirk.
-Yours Truly